Players doing preseasons @ your club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Weaver said:
Wouldn't have thought so. They can't train with AFL clubs until after the National Draft and then only with the permision of the AFL which will be only granted if the clubs commit their PSD picks early.

spot on Weaver...........to early and if I remember correctly don't AFL contracts not expire until 31st October in any event.

year of the roo said:
I'm sure Freo supporters will be keen to deny that! :eek:

Hrmm
I would take him only if he were on a minimal contract....
And surely we are drafting him for the midfield to add some pace and flair.
As mentioned earlier I hardly think we need another inconsistent forward.

Armstrong was my first pick.
Followed by Spaanderman

sabre_ac said:
Hrmm
I would take him only if he were on a minimal contract....
And surely we are drafting him for the midfield to add some pace and flair.
As mentioned earlier I hardly think we need another inconsistent forward.

Armstrong was my first pick.
Followed by Spaanderman

Farmer and Cupido in the same forward line :confused: They would fight with eachother

magpies42 said:
not likley saw him saturday night (7am)at a venue in melb! he is putting in alot of work at the clubs, but not freo

Yeah I spotted him a bit earlier in the night too. Nothing wrong with having a good time in the off-season, but I've seen him on the tear before. I'm praying we don't look at him.

Anja_Nees said:
Yeah I spotted him a bit earlier in the night too. Nothing wrong with having a good time in the off-season, but I've seen him on the tear before. I'm praying we don't look at him.

haha yeah no s hit! yeah there is nothing wrong with it but when your career is on the line it aint the bst idea to be clubbin and smashed at 7am, when ur suposedly meant to be in freo!

Anyone know if these guys are doing a preseason and if so where? In brackets are where I have heard they are doing a preseason, generally not a relaible source, but can anyone confirm or deny?

Norman (Mooroopna)
Spandaaman (Freo)
Woewodin (Melbourne/St Kilda/Freo)
Cupido (Freo)
Campo (Essendon)
Heffernan (Essendon)
Hunter (Hawks)
Green (Richmond)
Beeck (Hawthorn)
Kirkby (?)
Gilham (?)
Logan (?)

any help would be appreciated.

Gee do we need anymore small forwards? I think two is enough, he would be handy to have to play WAFL and to tell Wizz and Meddie if they dont perform they can be replaced at any time.
I would like Spandermann or Armstrong though.

macca69 said:
Hunter (Hawks)
Beeck (Hawthorn)
Hunter is correct, as he is close mates with Brock McLean who said it on the radio.

Haven't heard anything about Beeck though. Wouldn't suprise me as we could use another ruckman and McLaren looks like he'll be a Blue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

macca69 said:
Anyone know if these guys are doing a preseason and if so where? In brackets are where I have heard they are doing a preseason, generally not a relaible source, but can anyone confirm or deny?

Norman (Mooroopna)
Spandaaman (Freo)
Woewodin (Melbourne/St Kilda/Freo)
Cupido (Freo)
Campo (Essendon)
Heffernan (Essendon)
Hunter (Hawks)
Green (Richmond)
Beeck (Hawthorn)
Kirkby (?)
Gilham (?)
Logan (?)

any help would be appreciated.

Logan will be doing a pre-season with Adelaide - announced tonight on Ch 9

macca23 said:
Logan will be doing a pre-season with Adelaide - announced tonight on Ch 9

Wish him all the best. Nice young fella. He'll be missed by manay up here (although obviously not by the powers-that-be :confused: ).

Gilham from Port training with Hawthorn.

Also ex Collingwood Rookie and current North Adelaide back flanker Jason Roe is training with Hawthorn..

He's the worst J. Ro(w)e that we've had on our list in a while...

Seriously though, we've had Julian Rowe, Jason Roe and Justin Crow on our list in recent times...

I wonder if Jace Bode fits the name scheme well enough to get drafted by us this year?

mick4 said:
Its been said in a local paper here that Essendon are very keen on ex-Melb rookie list player and Ky boy Paul Newman

He plays in my local league. Very handy player. I think he tried out for Melbourne last year. He came back and had a good year. Kicked a heaps of goals (11 in one match) and nearly took a struggling Ky into the finals. He also played well in the interleague.

Another one is Ashley Watson from the Kangaroos. He has attracted interest from Geelong and Sydney and rumoured to be training with Melbourne.

EagleEye said:
Gilham from Port training with Hawthorn.

Also ex Collingwood Rookie and current North Adelaide back flanker Jason Roe is training with Hawthorn..
Interesting. Gilham would be a good get, probably a directive from Clarkson.

mattyc2422 said:
Interesting. Gilham would be a good get, probably a directive from Clarkson.

How tall is Gilham now? I have seen him listed at 190cms in 2002 write up on AFL.com, just wondering if he is capable of holding a key defensive post.

bradrowe#32 said:
He plays in my local league. Very handy player. I think he tried out for Melbourne last year. He came back and had a good year. Kicked a heaps of goals (11 in one match) and nearly took a struggling Ky into the finals. He also played well in the interleague.

Another one is Ashley Watson from the Kangaroos. He has attracted interest from Geelong and Sydney and rumoured to be training with Melbourne.

Is he training there is he rowey? What chances does he have of being re drafted. What are his other options or plans?

dipper86 said:
How tall is Gilham now? I have seen him listed at 190cms in 2002 write up on AFL.com, just wondering if he is capable of holding a key defensive post.
No he is not.

If you are looking for a Key defender then you won't find it in Gilham. He is more of a 3rd tall type.

For the record, Fergus Watts kicked 6 on him before half time in the SANFL final. He kicked 4 on Jason Roe in the second half.

Definetly not a Key Defender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Players doing preseasons @ your club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back