Players missing ATM

Remove this Banner Ad

Either best 22, or blokes that can push for it. And this isn't a list of blokes on our list that didn't play today (like most clowns trying to illustrate depth).

Blokes that CAN come into the side:

Stanton (if you don't already, respect this bloke right now)
Davey
Winderlich
Dyson
Welsh
Pears
Prismall
Gumbleton
Hurley
Slattery

Doesn't even include those we've seen that look the goods who aren't really in consideration.

Some of you might want to keep a lid on it, quite frankly I don't give a toss - this is a list aimed at a flag.

Either best 22, or blokes that can push for it. And this isn't a list of blokes on our list that didn't play today (like most clowns trying to illustrate depth).

Blokes that CAN come into the side:

Stanton (if you don't already, respect this bloke right now)
Davey
Winderlich
Dyson
Welsh
Pears
Prismall
Gumbleton
Hurley
Slattery

Doesn't even include those we've seen that look the goods who aren't really in consideration.

Some of you might want to keep a lid on it, quite frankly I don't give a toss - this is a list aimed at a flag.

Is he really in our best 22?

The extra depth is complemented by how good our structures are, which has meant we are less reliant on individuals than we have been for the best part of a decade. We've been able to cover the likes of Dempsey and Winderlich much better than we would have in the past.

A fit Tayte Pears would be very handy at the moment. It allows Lovett-Murray to play on a smaller forward, who he's more comfortable playing on and allows Hurley to play as our hit up forward, which we really missed tonight.

Is he really in our best 22?

No, he isn't.

But he's a big forward, who can take a massive mark.

Thus pushes for selection, even if he doesn't win it.

A fit Gumby is best 22 and a player we're missing at the moment. We need a hit up forward. Hurley doing admirable job, but I think Gumby will be better at it.

A fit Gumby is best 22 and a player we're missing at the moment. We need a hit up forward. Hurley doing admirable job, but I think Gumby will be better at it.

I agree, Gumby is a better hit up target.

But I also believe Gumby lacks the necessary MONGREL to play forward.

I also think that a certain bloke with a name starting in L and ending in loyd is the bloke to teach that to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree, Gumby is a better hit up target.

But I also believe Gumby lacks the necessary MONGREL to play forward.

I also think that a certain bloke with a name starting in L and ending in loyd is the bloke to teach that to him.
You don't need mongrel in the forward line. In defence and midfield yes, but the forward line is probably the place where you need it the least.

We definately have some depth now.
Hurley, Stants, Slats & Davey should will all be back in the side soon enough - maybe this week given we'll have a couple of outs in Watson & Hocking.
Welsh & Pears should figure later in the season
Gumby an intersting one - no doubt he will get a run at some stage but certainly isn't a walk up start.
Prismall Im not a huge fan of - just a depth player IMO

A fit Tayte Pears would be very handy at the moment. It allows Lovett-Murray to play on a smaller forward, who he's more comfortable playing on and allows Hurley to play as our hit up forward, which we really missed tonight.

Also allows Lovett-Murray to move through the middle more often. You can never have enough bigger bodies or blokes with a bit of mongrel in big games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Players missing ATM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back