Players who are GAWN at seasons end.

Remove this Banner Ad

BT said:
If he's still around by Pre-season draft time Freo could (& have) done worse.

Would it be considered bad form if Freo or WC waited to see if he is delisted then grab him as a rookie ?

From what I understand he is still young enough.

Gunnar Longshanks said:
Maybe Fremantle would be interested.

Just because a player wants to go home, it doesn't mean clubs in their home state want them. That's also the misconception of Collingwood fans regarding Leon Davis.

Armstrong seems pretty average. What would you expect in return?

Bear in mind, he wouldn't get anywhere near WC's best 22, so don't start talking about Staker or Selwood or any of our young talent. We won't part with much for a player we really don't need.

You'll get a player who can't break into our side or a 4th round pick.

No doubt. His worth isn't all that high, and I wouldn't expect a player like Staker or Selwood in return. How about McDougall? He seems on the outer with you guys these days, maybe if we threw in a 2nd or 3rd rounder? Not sure of McDougall's worth to your side these days though.

masai said:
Agreed.

Armstrong will need to pull the digit out to put some trade value into him.

Maybe his aunty can bump up his trade value.

Armstrong is really not a bad player, and works very hard at VFL level.
The problem is, Daniher doesn't rate him and never gives him a game, no matter how well he performs.

He isn't overly quick, but he has good hands, he is tough and he can also kick a decent crumbing goal. If only he was given a go, he couldn't possibly do worse than some of the other dead weight on our list.

AllStar7 said:
Armstrong is really not a bad player, and works very hard at VFL level.
The problem is, Daniher doesn't rate him and never gives him a game, no matter how well he performs.

He isn't overly quick, but he has good hands, he is tough and he can also kick a decent crumbing goal. If only he was given a go, he couldn't possibly do worse than some of the other dead weight on our list.

Tough? Surely you jest?

CowboyFromHell said:
Tough? Surely you jest?

Never seen him shirk an issue, or duck a contest.

He isn't the type of 'tough' who goes around punching people, he is simply a player who goes in for the ball at all costs.

He is certainly tougher than some of our highly paid players.

he has the potential to be a regular in our team but he just doesnt show it and he really hasnt impooved much at all since he came here after we had some reasonably high hopes for him

CowboyFromHell said:
No doubt. His worth isn't all that high, and I wouldn't expect a player like Staker or Selwood in return. How about McDougall? He seems on the outer with you guys these days, maybe if we threw in a 2nd or 3rd rounder? Not sure of McDougall's worth to your side these days though.
Do you realise how little need we have for a guy like Armstrong?

He's of almost zero value to us.

McDougall is 22 and has shown enough for us to hang onto him. He could still claim a spot in our best side.

McDougall remains well and truly in the mix. There's no way in hell we'd offer him as straight swap for Armstrong, who can't crack a spot at Melbourne. Would he even play a senior game at WC?

If you want McDougall, you can keep Armstrong and offer us draft picks, but you won't get him for a bargain.

We have zero need for another fringe midfielder. Absolutely zero.

lol yeh eagles would be stupid to trade mcdougall for armstrong and we dont really need mcdougall anyway. better to use armstrong as a sweetener to try n get hay

Gunnar Longshanks said:
Do you realise how little need we have for a guy like Armstrong?

He's of almost zero value to us.

McDougall is 22 and has shown enough for us to hang onto him. He could still claim a spot in our best side.

McDougall remains well and truly in the mix. There's no way in hell we'd offer him as straight swap for Armstrong, who can't crack a spot at Melbourne. Would he even play a senior game at WC?

If you want McDougall, you can keep Armstrong and offer us draft picks, but you won't get him for a bargain.

We have zero need for another fringe midfielder. Absolutely zero.

Um, yep, I think you made your point. You could have just said "no" and been done with it, but to each their own.

I also did say a draft pick with Armstrong, but I think you missed that. I didn't say straight swap.

I'd give a draft pick for McDougall, but not one of high value. 2nd rounder, at best. He was drafted at the end of 2000 yes? That's 4 years with, let's be honest, not a great deal to show for it. Potential, yes. Consistency, hell no. You don't need Armstrong, that's fine. I can deal draft picks, just don't expect anything higher than he's worth which is a 2nd rounder.

melbournemartin said:
lol yeh eagles would be stupid to trade mcdougall for armstrong and we dont really need mcdougall anyway. better to use armstrong as a sweetener to try n get hay

Don't need him? WTF?

We have Neitz and Miller. Neitz is in his 30's now, and has 3-4 years left at best. Dutchy isn't good enough to be a regular in our side... so who else is left to be a tall? Dunn and Bate are too early to tell, Smith has done nothing...

We could DEFINATELY use McDougall at Melbourne as the 3rd tall.

mcdougall is a young holland. crap mark n skills n can be very lazy at times. i'd rather let Dunn and or Bate grow into a role there then mcdougall. we have much higher priorities then mcdougall. also if ND trades for him, he might put Miller in defence *gasp* permanently.

he'd be handy yeh but i would both with other players like Hay before him

melbournemartin said:
mcdougall is a young holland. crap mark n skills n can be very lazy at times. i'd rather let Dunn and or Bate grow into a role there then mcdougall. we have much higher priorities then mcdougall. also if ND trades for him, he might put Miller in defence *gasp* permanently.

he'd be handy yeh but i would both with other players like Hay before him

I get the distinct feeling you have never seen McDougall play before.

Eagles fans, shed a bit of light on this if you will.

CowboyFromHell said:
I get the distinct feeling you have never seen McDougall play before.

Eagles fans, shed a bit of light on this if you will.
i have seen him play actually and he is a lazy footballer and not the kind of guy i'd want playin for us. to get him we would have to give up a fair bit cos thats how much KPP are worth these days, armstrong on his own wouldnt cut it. they would demand a draft pick and i'd rather keep the draft pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cannons said:
motlop, hunter and smith will all stay.
motlop worth a punt
smith KPP
hunter needs more size and has always been labelled as someone who'll take a while to develop. not playing sandy 2's either.
What was he thinking?

Deestroy said:
I love him like I've loved other overrated (by Demon supporters) duds who we've had such as Michael Clark.

How Clark was ever rated I will never know.
At least Clarks first (and only?) touch of the ball was a goal...

IIRC Hunters first kick went straight into Gary Ablett on the mark (not the tallest of fellows Gary)

Remove this Banner Ad

Players who are GAWN at seasons end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back