Players who had it but then lost it

Remove this Banner Ad

Abe Simpson: I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.

Kevin Sheedy??

young kid that played 3 games for the crows named adam saliba (crows supporters will know of him)

kid was a dead set gun, first game had a blinder, second game was a good follow up, third game lost the plot, never played again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Evening Viewers

This one might take you back a little..... and Iprobably can't remember all the details.

Carlton's Frank Marchesani (spelling?) - late 80s? - even wore #25 - burst onto the scene, could have been anything but within a year or so was playing park soccer. May have have had a season after the Blues with the Roys?

Anyone with the correct story?

Regards

Dicko

Your right he did start off like a bomb but it was initially with the 'Roys but then couldn't regain his rookie form with Carlton. A bout of glandular fever didn't help much either but he wasn't half the player he was at Carlton as he was Fitzroy.

Similiarly Phil Walsh at C'wood where I think he won VFL 1st season player of the year on Ch. 7's WOS (no rising star award then) but got caught in the *** for tat poaching war in the 1980's between C'wood and Richmond and really struggled with the Tiges and end up an average player at the Bears IIRC.

Mark Dwyer of the Roys also started off his 1st season like he was going to be a champion and even lead the Brownlow in the early rounds as his form was that good. However he got homesick for the country life and headed back to the Koroit/Warrnambool area sometime in his 2nd yr I think.

Adrain McAdam was probably the one of the biggest wastes of talent I saw....too much smoking of the funny stuff I believe fixed up his wagon.

Not getting into the Hawkers but..

Danny Harford.
Nick Holland.
Trent Croad - Had it, lost it, got it back.

Richie Cole
Chris Scott
Lance Whitnall
Michael Wilson? Hasnt been seen much this year, has he been injured or just in the 2s?
Corey McKernan - When Pagan was around.

Agree with..
Yze
Headland
Mercuri
Brown
Rawlings
McAdam

are you saying Modra because he retired? He still averaged 2.5 goals in his last 11 games in a Freo team that got flogged each week.

He was an awesome player, then went to Freo and was never the player he once was. Don't get me wrong, was a great player but dropped away significantly from his peak. He was still pretty young when he retired wasn't he?

Remove this Banner Ad

Players who had it but then lost it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back