Players who have gone on one year too long

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do any Crows fans like this guy? I swear he gets nominated yearly. My theory is that because he is fair haired and looks younger than he is people keep thinking he's 27.

Nope. We don't get it. Every game he gets his 13 disposals, 3 fumbles, 3 broken tackles and a sprayed shot every second game. When I say 10 years I mean 10 years, no exaggeration.

Possibly Lewis Jetta for us. Dropped after round 4 (his 200th game) and hasn't been seen since. 31 and now a fringe player.

Hurn and Kennedy (both 33 this year) looked iffy early on but have been good in recent weeks.
Simpson did mention in a press conference around the end of hub time that there were a couple of players who were having issues outside of football and thanked the media for not prying into things not relevant (or words to that effect). Maybe Jetta was that?

At my club, it would have been undoubtedly Priddis

He was cooked and everyone could see it, outside of the club.

He was actually i believe contracted to go on for another year (which the club wanted him to do) before he ended up pulling the pin himself

Curiously, we won the grand final the very next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think everyone apart from the man himself knew Nathan Jones was done. I think the club wanted to keep some mature heads around and also not push him out and make the mistake they did with James McDonald. Plus if need be he could come in and a play a little half forward/wing and just fill a spot. Shame he can't find any on ball time because that's the one position he'd be able to make more of an impact

It says more about Melbourne's very ordinary depth and Jones' willingness to keep having a go that he's actually played a few games. Also a lot about the AFL's eternal optimism for youth in that a 19 year old who's no good is praised but a 32 year old who isn't physically up to it but can do a little bit is seen as terrible.

At my club, it would have been undoubtedly Priddis

He was cooked and everyone could see it, outside of the club.

He was actually i believe contracted to go on for another year (which the club wanted him to do) before he ended up pulling the pin himself

Curiously, we won the grand final the very next year
the online groundswell for Luke 'parto' Partington was everywhere, he couldnt have avoided it. Gee Matt was good in 2015 but he did drop off precipitously

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back