Players you are surprised are still on an AFL list

Remove this Banner Ad

Say what you want about Vardy but his contribution in 2018 was invaluable
Nah, don't get me wrong. To me this thread is not necessarily about blokes on lists because they're duds. I reckon it's more about blokes who have been around a long time but have been off the radar.

Say what you want about Vardy but his contribution in 2018 was invaluable

I enjoyed watching Vardy at Geelong, in fact he kicked the first goal under lights at Kardinia Park. I was glad to see him not only play pretty well in the grand final, but to win a flag as well

Nah, don't get me wrong. To me this thread is not necessarily about blokes on lists because they're duds. I reckon it's more about blokes who have been around a long time but have been off the radar.
Fair call, he's probably done with us by the end of this season, unless they ditch Hickey instead. He'd still be third option behind Naitanui and our new boy Bailey Williams

And guys you've just plain forgotten about. I mean Lynden Dunn is a decent enough player but hasn't played since Rd 15 2018 (a couple of ACLs) and is 33 years old. I'm sure there are people who didn't know he is still on a list. If not for the fact that he got a call up the other week I doubt anyone would know that Keegan Brooksby is on his 3rd AFL list.

And guys you've just plain forgotten about. I mean Lynden Dunn is a decent enough player but hasn't played since Rd 15 2018 (a couple of ACLs) and is 33 years old. I'm sure there are people who didn't know he is still on a list. If not for the fact that he got a call up the other week I doubt anyone would know that Keegan Brooksby is on his 3rd AFL list.
If there were VFL this year Brooksby would be the second player ever to compete in the WAFL, SANFL, NEAFL and VFL seniors. You know who the first was?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Drafted mature age out of the SANFL, played NEAFL for the Giants, VFL for Essendon and obviously WAFL with whoever you were associated with at the time.

Tim Broomhead I actually thought he was delisted. Can't believe he is still around.
chalk that one up to "his surname never sounds like it will be called by a commentator enthusiastically". BROOMHEAD!!!!!!!!!! Yeah nah not gonna happen. Same as Gumbleton.

His Girlfriend let everyone know

Minch has been riddled with injury most of his career, kudos for his perseverance, yet another 'Hawks project player' - and to be blunt, I've really no idea why our club recruit all the 'Humpty Dumptys' going around - won't be long before we start sourcing random blokes surviving car accidents; "You play footy mate?', "oh good, rightio just sign here"....

The Hawks could've taken Darcy Cassar and maybe a young tall instead of Michington and Brooksby.

The Hawks could've taken Darcy Cassar and maybe a young tall instead of Michington and Brooksby.

Coulda/woulda/shoulda, Minch had just turned 24 when delisted by the Saints and picked up by the Hawks. He was a exceptional junior and only ended up sliding down to pick 65 in the 2012 rookie draft due to guess what - niggling injuries at the time...

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Players you are surprised are still on an AFL list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back