PS3 Playstation 3 News(Articles, Accessories, and Everything else) - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Playstation 3 News(Articles, Accessories, and something else) III

Sony ban extended on PS3 'jailbreak' hack
The Federal Court has extended an injunction preventing three Australian distributors from selling a world-first hack that allows Sony PlayStation 3 owners to run pirated games on the console.

The judge who first heard the matter, Justice Dodds-Streeton, will again hear it this Friday. Justice Kenny heard it today and ordered that the orders that were previously made by Justice Dodds-Streeton be continued until Friday, when the case would go back before that judge.

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/games/sony-ban-extended-on-ps3-jailbreak-hack-20100831-14d9b.html

Review: New PS3 controller with some Xbox tendencies
Quick Facts:
Power A Pro Elite Wireless Controller
$49.99 USD
* repositioned left analog stick
* textured grips
* glowing action buttons
* dual rumble motors
* full SIXAXIS functionality

POWER%20A%20Pro%20Elite%20Wireless%20Controller%20Lit.jpg

POWER%20A%20Pro%20Elite%20Wireless%20Controller%20Triggers.jpg

The wired version, Pro EX ($19.99), has the same features as the wireless model minus SIXAXIS functionality, and of course it is not wireless.
http://www.psu.com/features/9656

Think this might have been posted before, but here's a review of it. Apologise if I'm repeating anything.

Even though it looks good and all that, I just can't stand anything but the Official controller. I've never found myself having the issues that some have had (big hands so cramping with DS3 or whatever) so the DS has always been a good option for me. Plus it has the obvious extra incentives of being Officially made for the PS3.

Also when the Official controllers can be bought of PlayAsia for cheaper and have a few of the tiny little added extras, I dunno I just prefer what I know rather than what I don't really know.

I've been looking at getting one of the Red or Blue one's too, they look ****ing sweet.

Also, buying the triggers for the controller makes the DS3 just about perfect IMO.

I would get that just for the fact the analogue sticks aren't next to each other, they sit diagonally, as i found trying to play COD on PS3 next to impossible using the current PS3 controller

Still won't buy it, PS3 is gathering dust waiting for GT5. And the odd occasional Blu-Ray which is happening less and less due to time restraints and my addiction to MW2 on 360

You can now mod it for free.

The programming has been released.

PsGroove its called.

Sort of free.

You need to load it onto a board that costs anywhere from $20-$80 (Over $100 at one Aus online store I saw) everyone is sold out of them at the moment though.

As you may know, PAX and TGS are coming up. There's been a few announcements over night, regarding new PS3 exclusives and they will be shown at the Tokyo Game Show.

The first one was Tokyo Jungle.
Tokyo Jungle takes place in a deserted, futuristic Japan, in which the city has transformed into a vicious wildlife wasteland. Developed by the PlayStation C.A.M.P. team, Tokyo Jungle will be stuffed with realistic looking animals to control and pit against each other—elephants, crocodiles, cheetahs, porcupines, chickens, ostriches and much, much more.

The game will spin a post-apocalyptic yarn that explains how, in the year 20XX, mankind has all but disappeared from the planet, leaving behind toy dogs and race horses to fend for themselves.

500x_tokyo_jungle.jpg

The next is the Ape Escape game. It'll be called "Ape Escape Fury! Fury!" (lol those crazy wapanese).
Unlike what we previously thought, this won't be a game in the numbered series. Ape Escape Fury! Fury! is set in the alternate series along with games like 'Pipo Saru 2001' and 'SaruSaru Big Mission'.

Ape_Escape_Fury_Fury.png

Ape_Escape_Fury_Fury_Screenshot.jpg

Heart broken that it'll probably just be a bunch of mini-games and not a full game like the numbered Ape Escape series :(.

There's also going to be one BIG PS3 announcement and one BIG PSP announcement.

Oh and The Last Guardian won't be at Tokyo Game Show :(.

Scratch what I said about Fury Fury, this is someone who had a go on the game (someone who loves Ape Escape as much as I do).

"The original Ape Escape on the PlayStation 1 was one of my favorite games ever. It had the best control scheme and excellent graphics, and a stunning concept behind it. But my favorite part was that each level had a strong "Atmosphere". When you play levels such as "Coral Cave" or "Frozen Ocean", it felt like you were in the game. But recently, the Ape Escape franchise has felt a little too crazy. Although the levels in 2 and 3 have been excellent, they seem to have gone a little crazy with monkey costumes and locations that the atmosphere in the game had gone and felt very child-ish. The only games which didn't have this was "Million Monkeys" however the game play wasn't to crash hot in that either.

But now we have "Fury!" and my smile has never been bigger. the game is taking Ape Escape back to basics. The game is very similar to the first except now it has "Move". The graphics are some of the best around easily better than "Mario Galaxy 2" which just came out. Catching monkeys has never been more fun. Expect big sales from this. This game is easily the best platformer ever".

More media capabilities coming soon, and larger capacity consoles.

http://games.on.net/article/10078/Sony_Fire_up_the_PS3_Media_Machine

Do you have a PlayStation 3? Good for you, because things are about to get exciting up in here. Sony appear to have gone mildly insane over the last two days, and have announced details of a number of new services and updates to entertain and delight, including an alternative film on demand library; a cloud based music streaming service; an additional digital TV service; the long anticipated 3D BluRay firmware update; and even new console bundles with larger hard drives.

doesn't load downloaded games too i think

Yeah it doesn't allow you to copy games yet (Which is good. Piracy is bad) but it's open source so you just have to wait for someone to implement it.

The release was patched within hours to allow the back up manager to be used again.

It was simply replacing 4 characters, I believe it was changing them to bdvd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This actually means something for you? Why would anyone give a **** if it's made Officially for the PS3?
Well, I tend to trust companies I know than one's I don't, like 'Power A'. Not really hard to understand?

I've always been interested in a 360 controller for the PS3 as well.
All the ones I have seen over the years have had a problem with them (such a no six-axis, requires batteries, poor analog sticks etc.). This one actually looks good.

Although I haven't played a lot of Xbox over the years, i've found it's very easy to pick up and play games like Halo.

Recently completed the process of upgrading the hdd in my ps3 from 40gb to 500gb. Wouldn't have thought that the process would take so long, the longest part was being able to unscrew the screws without stripping them :eek:.

Took me a few weeks to get the appropriate size screwdriver and also pliers to be able to twist one out :p.

The next longest was initially backing up my 40gb content on to a portable hdd, then weeks later when i finally got the hdd out - starting the process of putting the backed up content from the portable hdd, on to the new hdd in the ps3 (around 40 minutes to initially back up, over an hour to put the content back on the hdd... not sure why one was longer than the other, but anyway).

Pleased that i finally did it, after wanting to for so long. Will be using the console a lot more as a result, had not really used it much since May, as i was running low on space, and didn't want to delete anything - especially the save game process of multiple games i was in the middle of playing.

Remade Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath hits PS3 next Easter

VG247 can exclusively confirm that Oddworld developer Just Add Water is to release a revamped, HD version of Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath for PS3 next Easter. Get the first shots down below.

The game marks the franchise’s first outing on a PlayStation console since 1998’s Oddworld: Abe’s Exoddus.

Stranger was originally released in 2005. The new version will be download-only.

“Since word got out that we’ve been working with Oddworld Inhabitants there have been many rumours circulating about what we’re working on,” said JAW boss Stewart Gilray.

“Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath is the first project in what we believe will be a long and fruitful relationship. Having the chance to update this great title and release it on PS3 is just a brilliant opportunity, not least for us, but for the fans too.”

The game will ship in 720p and will come complete with normal mapping, self-shadowing, re-mastered dialogue, Move support and additional material, of which JAW’s saying nothing as yet.

ODDSWForest1.jpg

OddSWPS3-1.jpg

http://www.vg247.com/2010/09/03/remade-oddworld-stranger’s-wrath-hits-ps3-next-easter-first-screens/

I believe it will be coming to the PSN only.

Recently completed the process of upgrading the hdd in my ps3 from 40gb to 500gb. Wouldn't have thought that the process would take so long, the longest part was being able to unscrew the screws without stripping them :eek:.

Took me a few weeks to get the appropriate size screwdriver and also pliers to be able to twist one out :p.
LOL, don't worry, we've all had the same issue.

Luckily new PS3's (and that's not just the Slim models) have FAR better screws that have way deeper grooves and don't strip like butter. No idea what prompted the first set of screws, terrible idea.

Does anyone know when we will get Castle Crashers? US Store got it last update....

Dead Nation looks solid.

DON'T UPDATE TO 3.42

Just don't :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back