PS3 Playstation 3 News(Articles, Accessories, and Everything else) - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Playstation 3 News(Articles, Accessories, and something else) III

I started playing the first Uncharted game again. It was the first game I played on the PS3 back in early 09 when I first got the system. It has such a brilliant feel to it, especially at the start, I'm not sure the second one ever surpassed it in that sense.

Any idea on whether they are going to fix the video player issue on the internet (ie. streams etc.) anytime soon?

Would love to be able to just put things like soccer on my tv so I can watch it like I used to.

Any idea on whether they are going to fix the video player issue on the internet (ie. streams etc.) anytime soon?

Would love to be able to just put things like soccer on my tv so I can watch it like I used to.
What issue is this?

What issue is this?
When you would go to watch a video stream (ie. Justin tv and the like), it would play the audio, but would not plat the image. It occured after update 4.

Edit: My bad, they must've fixed it after the last update. It's working for me now. Probably just my net stuffing up on my on the weekend.

How do you watch streams through the PS3? Only had mine for a fortnight.

So how does this work, not that im pirateing

But how do you fit some big quailty games with big data like GOW III, GT5 mostly Sony games on a USB? Or cant you pirate those games and to pirate games arnt you ment to download them which are big files!

Be a shame for Sony as you wouldnt want their quality games GT5 pirated to the masses.

The usb gives the ability for it to be burnt to the hdd

you don't put it on the usb

15 minute SOCOM 4 demo.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...-gamescom-floor-demo/comment-page-2/#comments

SMH Zipper, SOCOM is about stealth. You've turned this game into an run and gun shooter.
"We'll still have missions where you sneak around the jungle and do more covert activities, but we really wanted to start SOCOM 4 off with really a bang and just a level of intensity and action that we've never had in a previous mission."

Sounds like they'll still have stealth but splice it in with action much like a GRAW does. And it's not like the first 3 SOCOM's were solely about stealth.

I'm liking what I saw, the 3rd person gameplay looked very solid, has some Uncharted stuff in there (the best 3rd person shooter I've played). AI looked a tad spotty though. Looks far more graphically polished than it did in it's first few showings too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every clip they have shown though has been run and gun, they really need to start showing off the stealth levels to keep the fans of the series happy.

Sony have taken legal action against OzModChips re the PS Jailbreak

https://www.comcourts.gov.au/file/Federal/P/VID727/2010/actions

doubt they'll stop it getting out though

IN THE FEDERAL COURT OF AUSTRALIA
VICTORIA DISTRICT REGISTRY
GENERAL DIVISION
No: (P)VID727/2010

SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT EUROPE LIMITED
First Applicant
SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT AUSTRALIA PTY LTD
(ACN 077 583 183)
Second Applicant
OZMODCHIPS PTY LTD
(ACN 136 734 186)
First Respondent
RYAN EMMANUEL CARUANA
Second Respondent
GLOBAL SOLUTIONS INTERNATIONAL PTY LTD T/A QUANTRONICS
(ACN 102 293 603)
Third Respondent
KEN TOLCHER PTY LTD T/A MOD SUPPLIER
(ACN 054 914 126)
Fourth Respondent

ORDER

JUDGE:

Justice Dodds-Streeton
DATE OF ORDER:

26 August 2010
WHERE MADE:

Melbourne

THE COURT ORDERS THAT:
1. Upon the Applicants undertaking to the Court to:
(i) submit to such order (if any) as the Court may consider to be just for the payment of compensation, to be assessed by the Court or as it may direct, to any person whether or not a party, adversely affected by the operation of Orders 3 to 5 set out below or any continuation (with or without variation); and
(ii) pay the compensation referred to in (a) to the person or persons there referred to.
2. ORDERS that the Applicants' Notice of Motion of 26 August 2010 be made returnable instanter and heard ex parte.
2.1 ORDERS that up to and including *31 August 2010, the First to Fourth Respondents and each of them, whether by themselves, their servants or agents, be restrained from doing any of the following acts with respect to all and any Universal Serial Bus devices described as "PSJailbreak" in Exhibit PJC-1 of the affidavit of Peter John Chalk sworn on 26 August 2010 and filed herein, as packaged and distributed or threatened to be distributed by those Respondents (PSJailbreak Devices):
(i) importing them into Australia with the intention of providing them to another person;
(ii) distributing them to another person;
(iii) offering them to the public;
(iv) providing them to another person; and/or
(v) otherwise dealing in them.
2.2 ORDERS that the First to Fourth Respondents and each of them deliver up to the solicitors for the Applicants, to be held up to and including *31 August 2010, any and all PSJailbreak Devices in those Respondents’ possession custody or control.
2.3 ORDERS that, up to and including 31 August 2010, the First to Fourth Respondents and each of them continue to deliver up to the solicitors for the Applicants, to be held up to and including *31 August 2010, any and all PSJailbreak Devices that come into those Respondents’ possession custody or control, forthwith upon them doing so.
2.4 ORDERS that the Applicants' Notice of Motion of 26 August 2010 otherwise be stood over to 10.15 am on 31 August 2010 for the hearing of the Applicants’ application for:
(i) each of orders 3, 4 and 5 to be made on the basis that they continue until further order;
(ii) an order that such limited number of PSJailbreak Devices as to the Court seems appropriate be released to the Applicants and their advisers (technical, legal or otherwise) for such analysis, including destructive analysis, as the Applicants think fit, upon the payment to the applicable respondent of its retail price for each such PSJailbreak Device.
2.5 ORDERS that the Applicants' Notice of Motion of 26 August 2010 be provided to, but need not be served on, the First to Fourth Respondents.
2.6 ORDERS that the time by which the Applicants' Application of 26 August 2010 and its accompanying documents be served on the First to Fourth Respondents be abridged to 5 pm on 27 August 2010.
2.7 ORDERS that these Orders may be served, and are taken to be served with immediate effect:
(i) on Ozmodchips Pty Ltd (ACN 136 734 186) and Ryan Emmanuel Caruana, upon the Applicants leaving a copy of these Orders at the shop located at 1137 Burke Road, Kew, Victoria 3101 between the hours of 10am and 5pm Monday to Friday and 10am and 3pm Saturday and the Applicants copying and pasting these Orders into the contact form at http://www.ozmodchips.com/contact/open.php; and
(ii) on Global Solutions International Pty Ltd T/A Quantronics (ACN 102 293 603), upon the Applicants leaving a copy of these Orders at its registered office and emailing a copy of these Orders to "sales@quantronics.com.au"; and
(iii) on Ken Tolcher Pty Ltd T/A Mod Supplier (ACN 054 914 126), upon the Applicants leaving a copy of these Orders at its registered office and emailing a copy of these Orders to "support@modsupplier.com".
2.8 RESERVES LIBERTY subject to order , to the parties to apply on 24 hours' notice.
2.9 RESERVES LIBERTY to any respondent served with these orders to apply before *31 August 2010 on six hours’ notice.
2.10 ORDERS that entry of these Orders be expedited.
2.11 COSTS reserved.

Date that entry is stamped: 26 August 2010

(for) Deputy District Registrar

So there's a weird countdown for a new title to be announced in 4 days time. It's an SCEJ (Sony Japan) title so it's likely it might have nothing to do with us and it could just be one of those weird, strange and crazy Japanese titles.

It shows a man (who looks to be a mobster, looks a fair bit like Marlon Brando from The Godfather) surrounded by 2 other men knitting...knitting sim ftw? The only other hint is 'Amimono' (which first result on Google turns up a Knit Design company). Maybe it is going to be a knitting sim.:confused::eek:

Here is the teaser site:
http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/amimono/

This announcement has inspired me to buy a G27.

So there's a weird countdown for a new title to be announced in 4 days time. It's an SCEJ (Sony Japan) title so it's likely it might have nothing to do with us and it could just be one of those weird, strange and crazy Japanese titles.

It shows a man (who looks to be a mobster, looks a fair bit like Marlon Brando from The Godfather) surrounded by 2 other men knitting...knitting sim ftw? The only other hint is 'Amimono' (which first result on Google turns up a Knit Design company). Maybe it is going to be a knitting sim.:confused::eek:

Here is the teaser site:
http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/amimono/

No HBK.
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/818459.html

.       \      _______

glenno has posted this somewhere else on the video games board but my god the ebgames trade deal at the moment is fantastic.

traded in about 10 games and got about 180 dollars worth of credit....THEN add the 50% extra loading for putting it towards pre-ordered games and that's 270 dollars to go towards new games (GT5, AC:BH and SvR11 all fully payed once price matched with jb most likely) from games that i had beaten for 2+ years and hadn't touched since! :D

then after that headed over to game and traded the biggest cancer to fps in shitholewarfare2 and an amazing game in RDR both for 78 dollars each! (sorry for late posting as i'm pretty sure that deal ends sept1st...only found out about it within the day)
so a very tidy 156 dollar package which i put towards a fifa11 preorder with them which also netted me fifa world cup for free with 46 dollars left in store credit before i get them to price match down to jb who will likely have fifa11 for 89 bucks to have an extra 20 bucks back :)

epic win today game wise imo.

glenno has posted this somewhere else on the video games board but my god the ebgames trade deal at the moment is fantastic.

traded in about 10 games and got about 180 dollars worth of credit....THEN add the 50% extra loading for putting it towards pre-ordered games and that's 270 dollars to go towards new games (GT5, AC:BH and SvR11 all fully payed once price matched with jb most likely) from games that i had beaten for 2+ years and hadn't touched since! :D

then after that headed over to game and traded the biggest cancer to fps in shitholewarfare2 and an amazing game in RDR both for 78 dollars each! (sorry for late posting as i'm pretty sure that deal ends sept1st...only found out about it within the day)
so a very tidy 156 dollar package which i put towards a fifa11 preorder with them which also netted me fifa world cup for free with 46 dollars left in store credit before i get them to price match down to jb who will likely have fifa11 for 89 bucks to have an extra 20 bucks back :)

epic win today game wise imo.
[YOUTUBE]lgoXUzIwXk0[/YOUTUBE]

Someone please explain again on the details on those deals or give link to glenno's post!

Someone please explain again on the details on those deals or give link to glenno's post!

basically if a game has a trade in value of 20 dollars.....think some random old game like fifa 09....

if you instantly put the money you made from the game towards a preorder for a new game at eb, for example gran turismo 5.....
you will recieve an extra 50% value of the trade in to go towards the pre-order making it 30 dollars to go towards gran turismo 5.

it's awesome.

i do have about 10 more games i could do it for easily but i really want to keep them as they are the cream of games :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back