PS3 Playstation 3 News(Articles, Accessories, and Everything else) - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Playstation 3 News(Articles, Accessories, and something else) III

The voice actor of Clank (who is also the voice actor of Nathan Hale) said they're working on a new Ratchet and Clank.
I have heard rumours they are making both games, maybe they will anounce both:eek:

Jizz-in-my-pants.gif

Read this on IGN
Insomniac's New Game is Revealed, Not Resistance 3 -- Greg Miller
I have good news and I have bad news, Colin. The good news is that we're going to get to see what this exclusive PS3 title Insomniac is working on. The bad news is that it isn't going to be Resistance 3. I know that breaks your history-lovin' heart, but that's the way I see it.
http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1111932p1.html

i would much rather a new ratchet and clank over resistance 3

there are enough freakon fps's coming out to last for agers and basically too many as it is.

That's only a good cop, bad cop look at things though. Not facts from GM.

Simply put, I want Resistance 3 because that series '>' most other FPS series (IMO).

I'll buy Resistance 3 over MoH and I will certainly buy it over COD. And if it can be as good as Fall of Man then I won't need another FPS title for at least a year.

Seriously, Resistance: Fall of Man is among the best online experiences you will find on console. There really isn't much that can beat that and just because there's some FPS's that can potentially last us a while, it's the quality of which I'm looking for and Resistance 3 has more potential than an MoH or CoD as far as I'm concerned.

There is no chance of seeing Ratchet & Clank right now if you ask me. As GM said after your quote Sacka "Well, the developers already said that the new game would be playable for PAX in September" a playable Ratchet won't be ready yet, not after the last Ratchet was only last year and Insomniac going on a Resistance, Ratchet, Resistance, Ratchet basis. Resistance is the next logical step.

I'd like a Jak and Ratchet and Clank cross-over.

That would be badass.

Jak II would be up there with my favourite games of all time. PS3 needs moar Jak.

I'd like a Jak and Ratchet and Clank cross-over.

That would be badass.

Jak II would be up there with my favourite games of all time. PS3 needs moar Jak.
Guess 'Heroes on the Move' might be one for you?

Together for the first time, PlayStation's legendary heroes Ratchet, Clank, Jak, Daxter, Sly and Bentley, ban together to defeat a villainous duo in this wildly humorous adventure for the PlayStation Move.

After Uncharted 3 I reckon we'll get a new Jak and Daxter on the PS3. It'd be hard for Naughty Dog (and Sony especially) to want to move away from such a successful franchise as Uncharted currently is. But I think there heart will talk to them and they'll get to working on Jak once Uncharted 3 is out of the way.

It's not developed by Naughty Dog or Insomnia though.

It's not developed by Naughty Dog or Insomniac though.
I'm sure they'll be giving some input towards development (along with Sucker Punch) they don't want to see they're iconic characters being dragged through the mud with a shitty title.

The gameplay and environments don't seem to far from what made all 3 titles big hits.

Both Naughty Dog and Insomniac have stated that they don't have plans for making a game together, even though, with Activision holding the publishing rights to both the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon characters, there have been a pair of crossover games released between the two, while Sony announced Heroes on the Move, an PS3 game which featured both Jak and Daxter and Ratchet and Clank characters in the same game as well as characters from Sucker Punch's Sly Cooper series. Neither Naughty Dog nor Insomniac had any creative input or involvement with these games.

pwnt

Great news for the little Melbourne based development team Firemint. They're massively popular title Flight Control will be coming to the PS3 and will feature Move support as well as 3D and the game will run at 1080p.

Fantastic news for such a small development team that started out making games for the iPhone to have now migrated to the big dogs in next-gen console development.

Source: http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/08/16/flight-control-ps3-details-dated/
On the PS3, players have the option to play solo or co-op with friends with up to four people supported in drop-in, drop-out style. “Multiplayer is insanely fun, you can never be quite sure whether a new player is going to help or hinder your efforts so there tends to be a lot of laughing and jeering,” Firemint’s CEO, Rob Murray, told us. “It’s turned Flight Control HD into an extremely social game.”

The art assets will be updated to 1080p, and will support an optional stereoscopic 3D mode throughout the game, with aircraft “appearing to float over the landscape” if you’ve got a fancy new 3D television set. The PS3 version also boasts an exclusive “Metropolis” map that cycles through day and night.

The game will be released on the 15th of September, and will be playable with the normal Dualshock controller if you’re not sold on a Move just yet.

Went out for tea with the Firemint guys the other night, ****ing hilarious people good on them!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So today we have 2 rumours on the table (and I'm not really one for rumour posting, but these are fairly big if true and seem to have more backing than usual). Both are about 2 previously released titles on other platforms coming to the PS3. We could see one announcement as soon as tomorrow if it is correct (at Sony's Gamescom press conference).

One is that Mass Effect 2 (and probably 1)+DLC will be coming to the PS3 under a new name similar to the Ninja Gaiden Sigma series (it's suggested it will be called Mass Effect: Genesis). Mass Effect coming to PS3 has long been a standing rumour that just refuses to go away, not only have we never seen a flatout "NO" comment from anyone at EA or Bioware but there's been all kind of little hints to it potentially coming and there has been the Ninja Gaiden Sigma type rumour a few times before (with never a specific name put to it). It's a GAF rumour though so much like anything has to be taken with a grain of salt.

The other is the potential reveal of L4D1&2 coming to the PS3. This is built on top of Geoff Keighley signalling that there will be L4D 1 and 2 announcements this week on GTTV. While this one is the longer bow to draw (based on a tweet that is more hope than anything else) it does seem to have the more reasonable backing as to why it would be coming (Valve obviously developing for the PS3 now and to bring in some more dosh why wouldn't they port L4D 1 and 2 over to the PS3? And what new announcements can be made for L4D 1 now other than a PS3 port?).

Either way it'll be fairly interesting to see if this stuff comes to fruition, we only have 1 day to potentially wait for the Mass Effect announcement. Will it happen???

Source: http://scrawlfx.com/2010/08/rumor-mass-effect-ps3-announcement-tomorrow
MASS EFFECT PS3 ANNOUNCEMENT TOMORROW?
Start your engines. Gamescom is starting tomorrow and it looks like the rumors have already begun. NeoGAF user De-Mon is claiming to have knowledge that tomorrow, during their Gamescom press conference, either Sony or Electronic Arts will announce Mass Effect’s shift to PlayStation 3. He says it’s either going to happen tomorrow or in print magazines a few weeks later.
Apparently, it’s titled Mass Effect: Genesis. We’re assuming it contains Mass Effect 2 in order to make preparations for a multiplatform Mass Effect 3 release, but that’s just our guess. So that means it could include both the first and second game or even something completely new – who knows?
Source: http://www.ironstarmovement.com/profiles/blogs/left-for-dead-1-and-2-likely
LEFT 4 DEAD 1 & 2 LIKELY FOR PS3?
Geoff Keighley of GameTrailers TV may have revealed something of mega-ton caliber on twitter today. It appears as if the next episode of GTTV will be a huge special on the development studio Valve. As we'd all expect, there is sure to be a lot of new unveilings in regard to Portal 2. But Keighley also may have hinted at something that many PS3 owners have been waiting a very long time for.

GEOFF KEIGHLEY TWITTER said:
Yes the rumors are true: Big Valve episode of GTTV this week with new stuff on Portal 2 and lots of Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 news.

I'm 100% sure that the L4D rumors are wrong.

It's just DLC for both games. Chet (the Valve manager for L4D) confirmed that they're going to show off the DLC this month that was supposed to be released like last year.

Although Forrest and I have been playing L4D on PC and it's awesome. It would be good to have it on PS3.

Much like the ABC's catch up streaming iView. PS3's will now be getting a Yahoo!7 TV catch up service PLUS7.

Source: http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1113831p1.html
Yahoo!7 and Sony Computer Entertainment Australia today announced that from the end of August, Yahoo!7's catch-up TV service PLUS7 will be able to be accessed directly via PlayStation 3 consoles in Australia. This will be through an "optimised internet streaming service specifically purposed for PlayStation 3 users," and will complement ABC iView, which was the first such service on PS3.

LOL at this line
QUALITY:eek:
Alf ftw.
alff.jpg

Oops...
440alfstewartlarge.jpg

Eh, actually I prefer the first Alf.:(

Well it looks like the PS3 has finally been hacked.
PS Jailbreak disables forced software/firmware updates and prevents your PlayStation from bricking, lets you backup almost any game to an internal or external [USB] HDD.
According to the manufacturer, it supports all production models of PlayStation [FAT, SLIM], but only FAT32 systems, NTFS is still in the works.

http://wwwery.com/5968-ps3-usb-jailbreak.html

[YOUTUBE]8IDaGne0u-4[/YOUTUBE]
PS Jailbreak is a USB plug and play solution that installs in seconds, keeping your valid warranty seal in tact.

Easy to use installer and GUI takes you step by step.

Compatible with all production models FAT and SLIM. Supports all regions: USA, JAP, PAL and KOREA

PS Jailbreak disables forced software updates and will never brick your console.

Supports all games (it does not allow backups of bluray movies , dvd movies , or past consoles games)

Backup games to your internal hard drive or external hard drive through USB, and boot directly off GUI. Eliminating the need for expensive blueray burners and costly blank media.

Play backups off your hard drives 2x as fast as off the blueray drive. This eliminates lags and glitches to provide you with smoother game play.

Open up your console to a new generation of homebrew applications. Load homebrew apps/games off any USB hard drive/flash drive.

Fully updatable with new features/updates by connecting PS Jailbreak to any computers USB port.

[youtube]8IDaGne0u-4[/youtube]
PS Jailbreak is a USB plug and play solution that installs in seconds, keeping your valid warranty seal in tact.

Easy to use installer and GUI takes you step by step.

Compatible with all production models FAT and SLIM. Supports all regions: USA, JAP, PAL and KOREA

PS Jailbreak disables forced software updates and will never brick your console.

Supports all games (it does not allow backups of bluray movies , dvd movies , or past consoles games)

Backup games to your internal hard drive or external hard drive through USB, and boot directly off GUI. Eliminating the need for expensive blueray burners and costly blank media.

Play backups off your hard drives 2x as fast as off the blueray drive. This eliminates lags and glitches to provide you with smoother game play.

Open up your console to a new generation of homebrew applications. Load homebrew apps/games off any USB hard drive/flash drive.

Fully updatable with new features/updates by connecting PS Jailbreak to any computers USB port.

Hmm, I wouldn't go buying anything just yet. I'd wait a couple of months and see how the people who buy it go.

That said, if true it would be awesome. All my games backed up to HDD.

yeah all my games , and your games and the video stores games and so on and so on

dissapointing for the industry really

Was bound to happen sooner or later, nothing can't be hacked in time. Does PSN force updates? If it doesn't I bet it will soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back