Please rub this in our players faces this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Never a truer word typed.

This is a very different Hawthorn to Round 2. We are playing a style that has the football world scratching, shaking or nodding it's head Looking at the demolition jobs post Richmond and you see a well oiled machine and machines don't have emotions. I really don' t think the past games will come into the players minds on the other side of the banner. It will on ours and Clarko's for sure

I can't think of what the Cats can do on Friday to stop us kicking a winning score - Rain dance,maybe. We just have too many options across the board. Round 2 and 2009,10 and 11 was more about defence, keeping possession and patches of brilliance and it didn't hold up in the end. Now it's just all-out attack and that's very hard to coach against. In Round 2 we would send 3 guys in to get the ball and 1 peel off to receive, now it's 1 in and 3 to receive.

I could name a dozen examples in the past few weeks of why Hawthorn will win this game and the flag and they all involve a sheer determination to score. Not to defend or to hold but to get that ball through the sticks, regardless by who or from where. Good luck with that one, Cats.
absolutely spot on, we are playing agressive offensive football not seen since the glory days of the 80s, its exilirating to watch and extremely hard to stop if the team has the cattle to be able to do it like we do, its not about stopping the other team scoring, its about kicking more than them. Its a pretty simple game plan imo, geelong wont know what hit them friday night bookmark it, very different hawks team to the past 8 games against the cats. We will play like we are the better team and the scoreboard will take care of itself.

In short does it really matter what Scott, Buckley, The media , or anybody else think?
I know I've posted this elsewhere but our blokes need only worry about the things they have some control over.
They have line meetings, game reviews, training and recovery sessions.
These are the things that take up most of their concentration and so they should.

It's only us mug punters who give a stuff about what other people think of our team.
If we're any good all this peripheral stuff wont have any effect either way.

You could use up a hell of a lot of emotional energy if you start jumping at shadows like these.

In short does it really matter what Scott, Buckley, The media , or anybody else think?
I know I've posted this elsewhere but our blokes need only worry about the things they have some control over.
They have line meetings, game reviews, training and recovery sessions.
These are the things that take up most of their concentration and so they should.

It's only us mug punters who give a stuff about what other people think of our team.
If we're any good all this peripheral stuff wont have any effect either way.

You could use up a hell of a lot of emotional energy if you start jumping at shadows like these.

If we win then it doesn't matter what anyone says, but if we lose to the Cats again then it most definitely will matter a lot!

My interpretation of it was it was a jibe at the media frenzy surrounding us, with many (unfortunately) already proclaiming us as certainties for the flag. He seemed to be relatively complimentary afterwards, I think taken out of context it's come across as being smartass. Never would've imagined a media outlet to take something out of context though.....

Of course, behind closed doors they'd be cocky, but they have a right to be with their streak. I'm sure every club feeds off their own arrogance at various points, it's up to us to make a statement on Friday. Get them fearing playing us in the future!

Fair to say most hawks supporters have had a gutful of heart-breaking losses to the cats in the last 4 year. The fact they've pinched 2 or 3 of them makes it all the more sickening. You can only hope the players feel the same way as they are the only ones that can do anything about it. Need to stay focused on the job at hand and not let the cats mind-games invoke reactionary behaviour.

Was Scott's comment not a reference to Clarkson's post rd2 comment, something along the lines of Geelong being one of the greatest teams of all time??

I think it was just a bit of by play between the two.

Was Scott's comment not a reference to Clarkson's post rd2 comment, something along the lines of Geelong being one of the greatest teams of all time??

I think it was just a bit of by play between the two.

Come on you don't think that him saying Hawks are best team in the world is not beinga smart little prick. We are not playing a world sport so how can the Hawks be best team in the world

Many on the Pussies board think we are simply overrated and that the cats at their best are better than us currently. Some on there with some sense, but others are just plain ignorant. apparently we are only good when, by some force of nature, we end up 50 points up on a team and then they give up, that is the only reason we are any good. I hope we smash them for no other reason than to show some morons that they are not gods gift to footy.

Recent history says you're the ones who need to prove yourselves, not us.

Massive overreaction on here by the way.

Hmmm disagree, by pretending that it is not different is to shirk the fact that they have had our measure mentally over the last 8 contests.

So we play differently this week as a result? o_O

They are a lesser opponent who should be treated as all others have been recently. Just go out there, do our thing and steam roll them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Recent history says you're the ones who need to prove yourselves, not us.

Massive overreaction on here by the way.

What history is that? plain and simply there are some on your board that think we have fluked our way to an 80 point average winning margin over the last 8 weeks. Tell me thats not ignorant!

Sorry to interrupt, but you want to rub a compliment in the players' faces? Talk about jumping at shadows. I can't see anything disingenuous about what he said.

Doesn't really matter what you think but as soon as Scott used the word 'world' it became disingenuous. Players and coaches are measured, especially Scott and that was a measured statement using a purposeful word. If there was nothing in it he would have said 'competition' instead.

As far as I know as reigning premiers Geelong hold the title of 'Best Team in the World' until the end of the Grand Final match this year.

Doesn't really matter what you think but as soon as Scott used the word 'world' it became disingenuous. Players and coaches are measured, especially Scott and that was a measured statement using a purposeful word. If there was nothing in it he would have said 'competition' instead.

As far as I know as reigning premiers Geelong hold the title of 'Best Team in the World' until the end of the Grand Final match this year.

The AFL competition is the highest quality Australian rules competition in the world. The team that is the best in the AFL is the best in the world.

Everyone knows we're not in the same form we were in 2011, nor do we have the same playing group...

The AFL competition is the highest quality Australian rules competition in the world. The team that is the best in the AFL is the best in the world.

Everyone knows we're not in the same form we were in 2011, nor do we have the same playing group...

So an Australian competition is now know as a world competition just because of the popularity of the Afl game???
Sorry but Scotts comments were arrogant and that must mean that his team is the defending world champions and they have been the best team in the world for the past 5 years then going by your logic???

So an Australian competition is now know as a world competition just because of the popularity of the Afl game???
Sorry but Scotts comments were arrogant and that must mean that his team is the defending world champions and they have been the best team in the world for the past 5 years then going by your logic???

Yes, Geelong has been the best Australian rules football team in the world for the last 5 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Please rub this in our players faces this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back