Draft Expert PMBangers 2024 Draft Thread and psuedo general draft discussion apparently

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm probably taking JHF, Sheeze, McKercher and Walter at Pick 1, but Duurs and Watson wouldn't be far away from Pick 1 either

A bit of both at this stage, but depth of the draft isn't really determined until the Champs of that year either, I'd just say right now there's not a lot of talent that's making people think 'wow'
Correct me if I'm wrong mate but this time last year people weren't exactly licking their lips over the 2024 crops. I've learnt that 12 months is a long time in the context of the draft for things to change. What won't change is the F/S and NGA prospects but certainly think there's some good quality next year too

Correct me if I'm wrong mate but this time last year people weren't exactly licking their lips over the 2024 crops. I've learnt that 12 months is a long time in the context of the draft for things to change. What won't change is the F/S and NGA prospects but certainly think there's some good quality next year too
By this time last year I think we were well and truly on board with 2024, I know i was at least, particularly after the U17s GF day game

By this time last year I think we were well and truly on board with 2024, I know i was at least, particularly after the U17s GF day game
I remember that the top echelon was something that was talked about but can't remember much talk about how deep the talent was. It's certainly grown during this year.

A lot can happen very quickly with future draft classes.
Some guys completely off the radar come along, some with big potential just don't develop
The other thing is, with the benefit of hindsight 4 or 5 years after the draft we look back with a very different view.

New Rankings just dropped, like, comment and subscribe :cool:

I probably could've done a top 50 in revision, most years I haven't done this because I've struggled to think of 50 players I'd genuinely be happy to say 'I think he should get drafted', but such is the depth this year I just couldn't really find a rankings order I was happy with, and there were enough prospects that people were missing out.

I probably could've done a top 50 in revision, most years I haven't done this because I've struggled to think of 50 players I'd genuinely be happy to say 'I think he should get drafted', but such is the depth this year I just couldn't really find a rankings order I was happy with, and there were enough prospects that people were missing out.
2 out of 30 aint bad

I liked and commented but the subscribe button seems to be missing. :(

Sorry, you've probably dont this a 100 times already but what's dropping Langford down?

Brave (Langford!) but much appreciated.
Tauru seems set to shape the top 10 this year

Sorry, you've probably dont this a 100 times already but what's dropping Langford down?
Athletically underwhelming compared to other midfielders above him and I lean more towards his disposal being stock standard rather than a weapon like some people see. Arguably the hardest one to place because he does tick a lot of boxes for me elsewhere with his contested game, defensive drive and aerial work, just still struggling to see the transition into a rover role at the next level where the size is less of a factor, but speed is more of a factor.

I do still think his ceiling is a Cripps like player as a strong first possession winner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Expert PMBangers 2024 Draft Thread and psuedo general draft discussion apparently

Remove this Banner Ad

Back