Draft Expert PMBangers' (and ‘friends’) 2022 Draft Board

Remove this Banner Ad

What happened to Scully? PMBangers

Looked like he was going to be a top 10 pick early in the season, and now he's not in the top 50.
Think I've explained it before, but pretty much I had my doubts even when ranking him highly because others did and then over more and more watching he didn't really answer any of the questions I initially had. Not sure if others feel the same. The main reason I had him so high was the sheer weight of goal numbers he was getting, but as those faded away it was hard to look past the limitations

I also know that most recruiters didn't have him in the area that us more amateur pundits did

Think I've explained it before, but pretty much I had my doubts even when ranking him highly because others did and then over more and more watching he didn't really answer any of the questions I initially had. Not sure if others feel the same. The main reason I had him so high was the sheer weight of goal numbers he was getting, but as those faded away it was hard to look past the limitations

I also know that most recruiters didn't have him in the area that us more amateur pundits did

2 players with the same name couldn't be any further apart in rankings as Tom Scully.

2 players with the same name couldn't be any further apart in rankings as Tom Scully.
Haven't seen the former Melbourne/ GWS/ Hawthorn in anyone's top 50 though to be fair

There's something nice about a Geelong Falcons boy ending up at Geelong.

It just seems really neat that Pick 7 seems about his range as well.

Personally, I think Clark has the qualities to be a real gun at AFL level so I'd be very tempted at 4 if I was Essendon.
I am
Would be stoked with him if sheezel, wardlaw or cadman arent there

A few impressive 20m runs early on at the combine today; Toby McMullin and Coby Burgiel leading with 2.88 runs with Cooper Vickery 2.93, Darcy Jones 2.91 and Olli Hotton 2.92 getting around about what you'd expect. James Van Es with a 2.91 and Josh Weddle with a 2.94 the quickest of the tall prospects

A few impressive 20m runs early on at the combine today; Toby McMullin and Coby Burgiel leading with 2.88 runs with Cooper Vickery 2.93, Darcy Jones 2.91 and Olli Hotton 2.92 getting around about what you'd expect. James Van Es with a 2.91 and Josh Weddle with a 2.94 the quickest of the tall prospects
That's a bit of a surprise with Van Es, knew he wasn't slow but that's bloody quick for someone his build.

That's a bit of a surprise with Van Es, knew he wasn't slow but that's bloody quick for someone his build.
Seemed to test well across the board, certainly handy to have that spring 2-3 steps for closing speed. Was actually faster than any of the Tall Forwards that tested

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was surreal to see, after his first run everyone was just silent for his last two in anticipation. If he manages to show that burst on field he's going to be a scary match up

Hey Mr Bangers, are you the big swinging dick on the draft pool? What do you make of Marlin Corbett from the Suns academy?

Yes that is my official title

I like Marlion and think hes probably ended up as the best of the Suns Academy lads this season, but I don't really think he's got anything the separates him from the rest of the draft pool, does a lot to a decent level without exceeding at anything in particular, and didn't really dominate the Champs like Allies players generally need to

Was surreal to see, after his first run everyone was just silent for his last two in anticipation. If he manages to show that burst on field he's going to be a scary match up
Can you tell us more about the way he plays? If I've read correctly he's not in your top 50 prospects so was he more a rookie chance prior to testing?

Can you tell us more about the way he plays? If I've read correctly he's not in your top 50 prospects so was he more a rookie chance prior to testing?
I think he'll definitely go top 30 FWIW, but he's just a bit of a tease for me currently. More of a tall winger than a genuine inside player and doesn't really use his frame in the way you want for a player that size. He also doesn't really show that same burst on field when the opportunity is there. As it stands, is a damaging winger, and I think a lot of his higher draft ranking is more to do woth projection, but I haven't seen that significant improvement from last year to be confident in it

Yes that is my official title

I like Marlion and think hes probably ended up as the best of the Suns Academy lads this season, but I don't really think he's got anything the separates him from the rest of the draft pool, does a lot to a decent level without exceeding at anything in particular, and didn't really dominate the Champs like Allies players generally need to
Thank you for your response. Why do Allies kids have to dominate? Fletcher didn't dominate.

I'd say Corbett has great hands and vision and uses the ball well by hand and both feet. Smart player. He is a good runner without being quick. Got played on the wing but is an old school ruck rover as we used to call them. Good size at 6'2 in the old money. From what I hear at least a couple of clubs have shown interest and he could be a late pick up or a rookie or he might have to do it the hard way through the state leagues.

Anyway those are my thoughts, thanks for yours.

Where do you see it or are you that big a swinging dick that you get invited to the draft camp or whatever Americanism they call it? Is there footage of this kid playing? His dad was a bloody good player.

Thanks again and sorry for hogging your thread.

I think he'll definitely go top 30 FWIW, but he's just a bit of a tease for me currently. More of a tall winger than a genuine inside player and doesn't really use his frame in the way you want for a player that size. He also doesn't really show that same burst on field when the opportunity is there. As it stands, is a damaging winger, and I think a lot of his higher draft ranking is more to do woth projection, but I haven't seen that significant improvement from last year to be confident in it
What are his skills like?

Thank you for your response. Why do Allies kids have to dominate? Fletcher didn't dominate.

I'd say Corbett has great hands and vision and uses the ball well by hand and both feet. Smart player. He is a good runner without being quick. Got played on the wing but is an old school ruck rover as we used to call them. Good size at 6'2 in the old money. From what I hear at least a couple of clubs have shown interest and he could be a late pick up or a rookie or he might have to do it the hard way through the state leagues.

Anyway those are my thoughts, thanks for yours.
Yeah look with Fletcher I agree he didn't dominate the Champs, but he's got those high level traits which you see through any standard of footy he plays at, also played well in his NAB League appearances
Where do you see it or are you that big a swinging dick that you get invited to the draft camp or whatever Americanism they call it? Is there footage of this kid playing? His dad was a bloody good player.

Thanks again and sorry for hogging your thread.
Yeah only kings like me get invited, but there's plenty of footage on streamer of WAFL Colts/ school footy where he played the most
What are his skills like?
I think he's a pretty good kick out in space and can mark decently well, but it's nothing exceptional

Does Tsatas with a 3.14 and a over 7 minute 2k concern you considering he is absolutely an outside player and people froth over his running?

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Expert PMBangers' (and ‘friends’) 2022 Draft Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Back