Draft Expert PMBangers' (and ‘friends’) 2022 Draft Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Lewis Hayes or Josh Weddle?
They're two different types of players imo, so it depends what you're looking for from your defenders. If you want a guy that can match it athletically with talls and smalls, and enjoys taking the game on, trying to set up offensive plays, then Weddle is who you're taking. If you're looking for a guy to play closer to goal, capable of taking on the bigger bodied forwards but also capable of intercepting and set up play from kick ins, it's Hayes

They're two different types of players imo, so it depends what you're looking for from your defenders. If you want a guy that can match it athletically with talls and smalls, and enjoys taking the game on, trying to set up offensive plays, then Weddle is who you're taking. If you're looking for a guy to play closer to goal, capable of taking on the bigger bodied forwards but also capable of intercepting and set up play from kick ins, it's Hayes

We desperately need either of the above tbh.

So North are splitting pick 1 with whom? And that doesn't solve the issue of Essendon taking him at the pick before him.

It can only really be GWS

I doubt we split pick 1 if we get pick 2, Cadman is the one player we absolutely need in any combination and he’s probably the one player a club would be trading up to get.

Wardlaw and Cadman is a fantastic combo.

I doubt we split pick 1 if we get pick 2, Cadman is the one player we absolutely need in any combination and he’s probably the one player a club would be trading up to get.

They can split the pick that enables them to get a couple of first rounders from more than one club. Creativity is what this trade period brings out.

I don’t know why you would split pick 1 if you have pick 1 and 2. You are only giving another team a chance to jump above you and to possibly get the guy YOU want. You would split pick 2 not 1. But I wouldn’t split any if they have 1 and 2. They have enough players coming in through the trade period, so get the 2 best guys you want in the draft.

I don’t know why you would split pick 1 if you have pick 1 and 2. You are only giving another team a chance to jump above you and to possibly get the guy YOU want. You would split pick 2 not 1. But I wouldn’t split any if they have 1 and 2. They have enough players coming in through the trade period, so get the 2 best guys you want in the draft.

Pick 1 has more value than pick 2. I reckon Nth are the only team that would take Cadman at 2 so it’s a calculated risk. They’re smart guys but let’s say Cadman went at 1 the kangas would still have a sexy plan b.

Pick 1 has more value than pick 2. I reckon Nth are the only team that would take Cadman at 2 so it’s a calculated risk. They’re smart guys but let’s say Cadman went at 1 the kangas would still have a sexy plan b.
Obviously it does, but with Ashcroft, 1 & 2 becomes 2 & 3 so who cares what value, if a team wants to move up to pick 2 for someone they will, especially if north say “we are keeping 1”.
If north pick Wardlaw at 1 and If gws were at 2 they would Pick Cadman for sure if he was there, and if they somehow managed to keep pick 3 by using other picks to move up to pick 2 then they would take Sheezel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Nth get pick 2 can see the top 5 being:
1 Brisbane - Ashcroft
2 Nth Melb - Wardlaw
3 Nth Melb - Cadman
4 GWS - Sheezel
5 Essendon - Tsatas

I reckon you guys could go Humphreys as he's a taller, bigger bodied mid which you've been crying out for, IMO - but largely agree

Some do. They can be wrong if they want.
hahahah that's what I was about to say. 1. if they are in the professional caper and they do they need immediate firing no ifs buts or maybes. Wardlaw is simply not in the same stratosphere coming into his draft. He played a good game against VFL this year with 15 touches and people raved about him. JHF absolutely dismantled a higher standard in a much bigger game (SANFL pre-lim) and looked clearly the best player on the ground regardless of his age. Almost dragged his team over the line himself. Wardlaw can't dream of that sort of performance. JFH is generational and Wardlaw won't even be 1 in an ordinary draft! Please some people.

I reckon you guys could go Humphreys as he's a taller, bigger bodied mid which you've been crying out for, IMO - but largely agree
Only other option I have for Essendon is maybe moving back a few spots and taking yes maybe Humphrey's or a Phillipou or Mackenzie

The Hun/Chris Cavanagh reporting 5 players added to the Combine, Bushies talls Toby Murray and Ryan Eyres, Port Melbourne's Ethan Phillips, North Adelaide's Harper Montgomery, and Wangaratta's Joe Richards.
Joe Richards a small forward apparently. ..any mail on him?

The Hun/Chris Cavanagh reporting 5 players added to the Combine, Bushies talls Toby Murray and Ryan Eyres, Port Melbourne's Ethan Phillips, North Adelaide's Harper Montgomery, and Wangaratta's Joe Richards.
Apparently got speed to burn and has torn it up at local level this year, nothing else unfortunately

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Expert PMBangers' (and ‘friends’) 2022 Draft Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Back