Toast Podsiadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Another week and the man crush gets a little bigger.

This week as a one out tall forward Pod's dispelled some more rumours that he is only good because he gets the third best defender and he has other tall forwards around him to take the focus off of him.

What does the great man do? Just kicks a lazy five on the "Greatest Fullback in the Lloyd era" away from SS and just to add to the degree of difficulty does an ankle in the first few minutes to go with a sore groin

in jPod we trust

Best game for Geelong.

Geelong down 2 tall forwards and him wounded , he did the right thing for Geelong he played and then excelled. He should have kicked six , the mark taken off him in square was just a blatant error.

If anyone has any doubts after this game then they are dumb as a sack of hammers. The guy marks like he has Velcro on his hands , he kicks in a very reliable , repeatable style over 50M.On top of that he works hard, tackles and is a team player.He is a mature footballer close to physical peak. He has the game to rip apart sides in Sept , bring it on.

Best game for Geelong.

Geelong down 2 tall forwards and him wounded , he did the right thing for Geelong he played and then excelled. He should have kicked six , the mark taken off him in square was just a blatant error.

If anyone has any doubts after this game then they are dumb as a sack of hammers. The guy marks like he has Velcro on his hands , he kicks in a very reliable , repeatable style over 50M.On top of that he works hard, tackles and is a team player.He is a mature footballer close to physical peak. He has the game to rip apart sides in Sept , bring it on.

Yeah should have had six, that mark in the goalsquare beat Flecher pointless.

His pace on the hitup is topshelf.

Against some teams in good form and some good opponents too.

As an aside who are the others?

Adrian McAdam would be one. Not sure about the other.

... killed TGFBOAT despite a dodgy groin from the get-go, and a rolled ankle picked up during the actual killing.

Simply amazing!

Did he roll his ankle, or did Fletcher trip him up? Watched the replay before, and after Pods took his first mark in the middle of the ground, Fletcher went to ground while Pods kept his feet, and to stop Pods running off, it looked like Fletcher stuck out his foot and connected with Pods' leg.

What I find about Pods you have complete faith in him.. like I do with Ablett..
His kicking accuracy is improving each week along with his confidence.
I just love how humble he is and how he keeps his cool even though he must be over the moon knowing that he is a vital cog in the most incredible of teams.
Just amazing to have such a natural forward once again on our list - I would love to have been a fly on the wall when the coaches realised he was holding his own at training against the best , then rolled the dice and drafted him

Did he roll his ankle, or did Fletcher trip him up? Watched the replay before, and after Pods took his first mark in the middle of the ground, Fletcher went to ground while Pods kept his feet, and to stop Pods running off, it looked like Fletcher stuck out his foot and connected with Pods' leg.
Nah, Fletcher didn't trip him. Pods just landed awkwardly and rolled his ankle, didn't see any contact to his legs from Fletcher.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To do that carrying an injury, against Fletcher, when we had no other recognised tall forward, and needed him, was just awesome.

I love how important he is becoming to our structure, even when he doesn't get 5. Seriously, when was the last time, if ever, in his 9 senior games, we saw him get outmarked or let a teammate down? Never. Speaking of which, that pass to Bartel.

Surely he's cementing his spot for the rest of the year, surely.

To do that carrying an injury, against Fletcher, when we had no other recognised tall forward, and needed him, was just awesome.

I love how important he is becoming to our structure, even when he doesn't get 5. Seriously, when was the last time, if ever, in his 9 senior games, we saw him get outmarked or let a teammate down? Never. Speaking of which, that pass to Bartel.

Surely he's cementing his spot for the rest of the year, surely.

I suspect he's in for the rest of the year, barring some massive loss of form or injury or something. And don't call me Shirley. ;)

Yeah Pods is safe for the year, pretty sure thats a guarantee. Will be surprised if he isn't our leading goalkicker by the end of the year. Only a few behind Johnson, and seems to be a bit more consistent.

How big would the uproar be if Steve Motlop came off the long term injury list and Pods wasn't alloud to play 1s :eek:
We've got to Round 12, so we can elevate one rookie permanently.

How will it work next year , surely they will have to put him on the main list.

depending on how they want to proceed, they could just make him the nominated rookie for the year, keep him on less money and then promote him in next years draft when the picks will be just as crap as this years. Of course that's assuming he wants to continue that far ahead. I'd like to see him on the main list though, he's earned a promotion more than anyone we've had on the rookie list, even more so than Lonergan's second coming.

can you afford him tho. With the salary cap. He has been passed over, for multiple drafts by everyteam, and forgone a career with a comfortable salary to afford some assets and a good pension.

I would not blame him for hawking himself out for an expansion club, for money equivalent to or in excess of Bradshaw. He is leading the contested marks category for heaven's sake. Could make a good case for him earning a significantly greater income than Bradshaw.

I would like him to stay in Geelong. I think the AFL should institue a new salary cap rule, where a team may go over, but not be able to participate in trading or drafting over 18's. A little like what the NBA went thru over a dozen years back, when they had the strike. Tho' I think they can still trade. Just not buy free agents to go over.

The way the cap is at the moment, and the lag effect in salary contracts, means no teams are well positioned to create a dynasty like Melbourne's and Brisbane's 9 years back. Brisbane had the advantage of a away-from-home allowance I think, whereas Essendon the team they had knocked off, lost all their second tier talent, because it could not afford them.

Dont see why there should be a penalty for good drafting and recruiting. Dynasties should be encouraged as part of AFL folklore. Now it is all but impossible.

can you afford him tho. With the salary cap. He has been passed over, for multiple drafts by everyteam, and forgone a career with a comfortable salary to afford some assets and a good pension.

I would not blame him for hawking himself out for an expansion club, for money equivalent to or in excess of Bradshaw. He is leading the contested marks category for heaven's sake. Could make a good case for him earning a significantly greater income than Bradshaw.

I would like him to stay in Geelong. I think the AFL should institue a new salary cap rule, where a team may go over, but not be able to participate in trading or drafting over 18's. A little like what the NBA went thru over a dozen years back, when they had the strike. Tho' I think they can still trade. Just not buy free agents to go over.

The way the cap is at the moment, and the lag effect in salary contracts, means no teams are well positioned to create a dynasty like Melbourne's and Brisbane's 9 years back. Brisbane had the advantage of a away-from-home allowance I think, whereas Essendon the team they had knocked off, lost all their second tier talent, because it could not afford them.

Dont see why there should be a penalty for good drafting and recruiting. Dynasties should be encouraged as part of AFL folklore. Now it is all but impossible.

There maybe a certain player moving on from our club that may free up a little salary cap space if he was to move onto a new club.

But even if he does stay we can offer him a contract where by we pay him a large amount to be the physio when he does retire so dont fear the Pod's isnt leaving the Cattery anytime soon

How will it work next year , surely they will have to put him on the main list.

I suspect we'll find a way to give him a nice little pay rise. Be interesting to see what his odds are for the Coleman next year ;)

I love his one-grab marks. Just clean as a whistle, a thing of beauty. He never looks like dropping it.

RE: contract stuff, I thought it had been well documented that JPod is working on a 2 or 3 year deal with us? He is on the record as saying he has no interest in leaving Geelong and he plans to resume full time
work in the fitness department when he retires.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Podsiadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back