Switch Pokemon Scarlet and Violet

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol I got it 48 on Amazon, get an email saying it's delayed. Totally fine. But then I see Dec 15 to 18.
Cancel Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

Lol I got it 48 on Amazon, get an email saying it's delayed. Totally fine. But then I see Dec 15 to 18.
Cancel Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons
Exact reason I went with the slightly more expensive JB, can't wait to get home and play.

78 on Metacritic not getting great reviews
Major complaint seems to be the performance the game runs like arse.

I played a bit of it how can they not have voice acting? I think if it had voice acting the game will be heaps better and not seem boring

Metacritic is shit just like all review sites.

Definitely runs like absolute shit. It just started raining in the area I'm in and it's coping hilariously badly with it. But the game itself seems pretty good so far.

Last edited:
I pre-ordered the double pack from EB in June and they're estimated delivery time is next Wednesday. flipping useless, this is why I normally go Amazon. Looks like I'm playing Vampire Survivors this weekend instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have been reading on reddit that this game renders the entire map, plus all NPCs and pokemon at all times. No wonder it runs like shit.

Pre-ordered from Harvey Norman at $48 a month or so back and it was ready on Friday, only good thing old Harvey has ever done. Probably put in about 10 hours so far but a lot of that is faffing about so I've only made a bit of progress.

I've tried to stay fairly blind on this so I haven't read any reviews but if the consensus seems to be it's got good ideas but it runs terribly then that is my exact experience so far.

I love the experience of exploring and collecting new Pokemon. Always have, bought every new generation game to do it. But my god these games need to been dragged into this millennium. Even if you forget about the performance issues, there's just some horrible decisions on things. No voice acting is noticeable. But also just how slow things are. I'm using Klawf who has the ability Anger Shell. Every time it is triggered there are seperate prompts for "Klawf's Anger Shell", "Klawf's Attack Rose", "Klawf's Special Attack Rose", "Klawf's Speed Rose", etc. There's 5 rise / falls each time and each one is prompted separately then given a little animation separately. WHY? Who tested that and went yep, that's fine? It's that kind of stuff I find more frustrating than the technical performance issues, because somebody chose to implement those prompts separately without realising how much it bogs the game down.

But I'm part of the problem because I do enjoy that explore, catch, battle aspect that I but it and I still enjoy it.

On current patterns the next gen, which will be gen 10, will be out in 2025, I'm hoping they give themselves an extra year (line it up with Pokemon's 30th year) and really just work on polishing up the experience. Get some Zelda or Xenoblade or whatever developers on board. Do something.

Still, 10/10 because the new Pokes are cool so far 🌈

Yes the graphics should be better but its not a deal breaker for me.

What is is how ****ing poorly optimised it is. You cant run for more than 5 seconds without the framerate dipping to shit. Should never have been released like that.

Ordered both versions of Amazon, so hopefully they arrive today. Does there seem like a lot of hand holding so far?
A lot less than Sword and Shield which I turned off after a week.

Handholding issues are:
  • forced EXP share (tho this has now been a thing for like four years)
  • weird absence of ability to enter houses / buildings, almost everything is accessible outside from the open world through menus. You don't enter Marts, Pokecentres or major buildings any more. The game's central academy is accessed via a menu that teleports you to different rooms
  • first hour-two hours of the game are a serious exposition dump that takes a while to get through

Remove this Banner Ad

Switch Pokemon Scarlet and Violet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back