Polec v Yeo v Docherty

Who of the above ex-Brisbane players would you take?

• Polec

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Yeo

Votes: 55 41.4%
  • Docherty

Votes: 72 54.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

docherty>Yeo>polec atm. But Yeo playing at his best on a consistent basis is a much better player than the other two. A very unique player thats as good in the air and is as strong as players taller/bigger than him but has speed, agility and footskills that make him dangerous at ground level.

Whilst I agree that Doc > Yeo > Polec. I think by end of year it will be Doc = Yeo and just greater than Polec.

But next year all three would be equal.

Great Poll and when you see how good these players are, you feel for Brissie.

Polec would a very good player if he can find the footy alot on a consistent basis. He seems to be good getting 20 touches but heaps of wingmen at the moment have no issue racking up 30 touches so often.

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People forget so quickly. A couple of years ago Polec was amazing and Yeo was hopeless.
A couple of years ago (2015) was easily Yeo's best season, with a handful of BOG performances. Was definitely hopeless last year though, was played out of position and just looked lost majority of the time. If Yeo maintains the form he's started this season in he will become one of the best players in the competition, just needs to remain consistent. At this stage of the season he'd probably be in the first 5 players picked for AA. Docherty definitely has the runs on the board over Yeo at this point though, he's very consistent, but at his best Yeo is far more damaging and has more tools at his disposal than Doc.

Yes easily. Bloke is a gun
Doherty sits out the back and gets cheap possessions. Champion data had him receiving the least pressure for his possessions in the league and Polec is just ok

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

For supposed outside players, yeo's contested work leaves the rest behind. He is averaging more than 10 contested possession this year and last week had 17 contested possessions from his 26 touches. Those are numbers of the purest of inside mids.

Polec one of the best kicks on the run in the comp, more damaging on the outside than the other two and his contested possession rate is improving over the last couple of years. Consistency his main issue, but that's also somewhat understandable given he had a navicular fracture in 2015 and was a possibility he might not play again.

Yeo racks up more touches due to his better contested ability compared to Polec and while he is able to break the lines with run and carry isn't as good a kick as the other two. Consistency also his issue, with a poor year last year.

Docherty been very good the last 18 months. Harder to compare to the other two given he plays a very different role, but is quickly working his way to elite in his position with his ability to intercept mark and use it quite well by foot.

Think the poll is a lot closer than people are giving it credit for.

Yes easily. Bloke is a gun
Doherty sits out the back and gets cheap possessions. Champion data had him receiving the least pressure for his possessions in the league and Polec is just ok

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
I see what you're saying but the ability to get yourself into a position where you break free of your man and get into space is a good skill to have. Given the amount of ball coming into Carlton's d50 that probably stands out even moreso.

Yeo's kicking on both feet and his decision making has actually been phenomenal this year, whereas they were the weakest parts of his game in the past. He is one of only three players to average over 10 contested possessions and have a disposal efficiency of 80% or higher. In comparison, Docherty averages 6.1 CP at 81% DE, while Polec averages 7.3 at 69.7%.

Doc would be the first player coaches say "we need to stop him and we'll beat Carlton"... Yeo is getting to that level. Don't undersell Doc as he is elite at what he does

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Doc would be the first player coaches say "we need to stop him and we'll beat Carlton"... Yeo is getting to that level. Don't undersell Doc as he is elite at what he does

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
it would probably be murphy.
Eagles have a few in every line that you would want to stop but at the moment it would be Yeo due to his intercept and contested marking ability as well as his run and carry.
Polec one of the best kicks on the run in the comp, more damaging on the outside than the other two and his contested possession rate is improving over the last couple of years. Consistency his main issue, but that's also somewhat understandable given he had a navicular fracture in 2015 and was a possibility he might not play again.

Yeo racks up more touches due to his better contested ability compared to Polec and while he is able to break the lines with run and carry isn't as good a kick as the other two. Consistency also his issue, with a poor year last year.

Yeo's kicking isn't actually bad. Was very good in 2015 and this year back to its best. His left boot is very good and can give a low dart to a forward 40m away. His football in general turned to shit last year when they tried to make him into a forward that can pinch hit and kicking like every other facet of his game went down aand that included his overhead marking.

Back