Poll: Will you willingly get a Covid vaccine in the next year or so?

Will you willingly get a covid vaccine in the next year or so?

• Yes

Votes: 256 63.8%
  • No

Votes: 145 36.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Tried to book and can't get one for 6 weeks. Gives people a while to change their mind.
It would be helpful, ironically, if some of these hesitant people had someone close to them catch it and they could see the effects first hand.

I don’t know anyone who’s had it, nor do I know anyone who knows anyone who’s had it :p. Anyone here?

It would be helpful, ironically, if some of these hesitant people had someone close to them catch it and they could see the effects first hand.

I don’t know anyone who’s had it, nor do I know anyone who knows anyone who’s had it :p. Anyone here?

Family's family's friend and friend's relative overseas have had it (China and southeast Asia respectively). They both died.

We're lucky here in Australia that we haven't had to witness it on a large scale. For us, COVID is lockdowns and annoyances at restrictions. For them, COVID is black market oxygen and dying at home because you cannot afford treatment.

family friend caught it last year, they were on the Ruby Princess

Royal Prince Alfred Hospital Director Richard Totaro has given a scary insight into what it's like having Covid-19 in an ICU, telling ABC's The Drum tonight that none of the patients who have come through his ICU have been fully vaccinated.

"In the early stages of Covid, the lungs aren't getting enough oxygen into the bloo dstream. There's not enough oxygen going to the other organs in the body – kidneys, the brain, the heart," Dr Totaro explained.

"So the body starts to work harder, to make up and get more oxygen in. You start working your breathing muscles harder, start exerting yourself significantly to make up for the lack of oxygen.

"So the muscles that drive your lungs will start to fail, the lungs themselves continue to worsen and then you end up in the ICU."

While the average length of stay in an ICU is two to three days, it's a very different story for patients who are admitted with Covid.

"What happens is that the lungs don't improve. The lungs stay stuck like that and stuck on a ventilator for days, weeks, sometimes months," Dr Totaro said.

"It boggles my mind there is any sort of argument against vaccination in the community, particularly at the moment in Sydney with the rates of disease that we have."

Got my first AZ jab last Friday. Was pretty groggy on Saturday, but after that fine. I’m 32. I’d definitely recommend getting it, when you have a day or so to recover before going back to work etc.

I live in regional NSW. I called up one of the local GP clinics to ask if I could book into see a GP about getting my first AZ jab. They said I had to consult my regular GP, how many young people have a regular GP?

I then booked into the other local GP clinic, but didn’t tell them why. The GP was great, explained the risks and gave me the jab. There was lots of under 40’s in there also getting the AZ jab. I’m currently still booked in to get the 2nd jab in twelve weeks. But I can bring that forward if the Covid situation out here gets worse.

But that’s quite a process to go through to get a Jab, in a regional city in a state with a serious Covid outbreak.
How many people are going to bother to go through that process? Especially if their a bit hesitant to get the AZ jab. I’m certain more young people would get it if the process was easier.

Last edited:

Know about 6 people personally and another 8 or so through other people. Couple of deaths. For others it seems almost like chronic fatigue syndrome.

Although extremely rare, a blood clot syndrome after the first dose of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine carries a high risk of death and can occur in otherwise young and healthy people, UK researchers have found.

In those aged under 50, blood clots occur in around one in 50,000 people who have received the vaccine, data suggests.

“It’s important to stress that this kind of reaction to the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine is very rare,” said Dr Sue Pavord, consultant haematologist at Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and lead author of the analysis published in the New England Journal of Medicine.

Saw a great quote from an American guy whose wife has stage 4 breast cancer. She was discharged from hospital early because the hospital is being overrun by COVID patients who have not been vaccinated, even though the vaccine is freely available to everyone.

"If you don't trust the scientists enough to be vaccinated against COVID, then why do you trust them to be able to cure you once you catch it? Really, if you refuse to be vaccinated and think COVID is like the flu, you should have the courage of your convictions when you catch COVID and stay home."

“while both mRNA COVID-19 vaccines strongly protect against infection and severe disease, further evaluation of mechanisms underlying differences in their effectiveness such as dosing regimens and vaccine composition are warranted.”

This is not a peer-reviewed study.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Science is a process, not a body of knowledge. Publication date is 8th August, 2021. Don't shoot the messenger.
I just don't know what you are trying to say. I don't think anybody is arguing that these treatments need proper studies. From what I have heard, there is a signal there about ivermectin, but nobody knows what it means yet. It could be nothing. It could be everything. It could be something but barely worth the effort.

Vaccine effectiveness in trials will ALWAYS be higher than in practice because of candidate screening. You quite rightly don't give a trial vaccine to vulnerable people. We have seen in some countries that people are purposefully sabotaging vaccine programs. In India there is a problem with people giving saline instead of the vaccine, or giving short doses to make it go further. Along with undercounting deaths and the like, who knows what is really happening over there?

"Muh the science". What does that mean?

I just don't know what you are trying to say.
I am sharing information.

I have concerns that the vaccines may actually do more harm than being infected 'naturally', specifically mRNA vaccines (but not limited to them). It is evident from the data that most people who are at risk of hospitalisation have existing medical conditions. Some (or many) of those are due to lifestyle choices.

My preference is to allow my immune system to fight infection. It becomes a trade-off point as to when vaccines may become a better alternative (such as with influenza shots). I think there's reason to defer such a decision. The only issue I have on that list is asthma and it does not require regular medication. I don't see how vaccines are a net benefit for younger people free from such existing health concerns.

I'm also interested in prophylaxis and post-infection treatment as it is already evident that vaccines are unreliable.

Edit: to simply list the top ten:
  1. High blood pressure (fat?)
  2. High cholesterol (fat?)
  3. Obesity (too fat)
  4. Diabetes (probably too fat)
  5. Heart disease (too fat or bad diet?)
  6. Lung problems (smokers)
  7. Bad kidneys
  8. Anxiety-related diseases (stress... yeah good thing shutting down businesses)
  9. COPD (smokers)
  10. Thyroid disorders
Basically if you're not old, fat or a smoker you're unlikely to have comorbidities resulting in hospitalisation from Covid - which brings into question the value of (experimental) vaccines.

Seems like exercise, good diet, rest and Vitamin D should be highly encouraged... now has any politician done that?

Last edited:
I am sharing information.

I have concerns that the vaccines may actually do more harm than being infected 'naturally', specifically mRNA vaccines (but not limited to them). It is evident from the data that most people who are at risk of hospitalisation have existing medical conditions. Some (or many) of those are due to lifestyle choices.

My preference is to allow my immune system to fight infection. It becomes a trade-off point as to when vaccines may become a better alternative (such as with influenza shots). I think there's reason to defer such a decision. The only issue I have on that list is asthma and it does not require regular medication. I don't see how vaccines are a net benefit for younger people free from such existing health concerns.

I'm also interested in prophylaxis and post-infection treatment as it is already evident that vaccines are unreliable.

Would you consider not getting vaxed a lifestyle choice that could land you in Hospital ?

Fair enough. Just make sure that, if you choose not to be vaccinated, don't go to hospital if you get sick with COVID. If you don't trust the vaccines scientists have created, then you shouldn't trust the medical scientists that would be charged with saving your life.

Stay at home and let your immune system deal with it.

While you're at it, let your immune system deal with small pox and polio. Only you don't have to, because vaccines have eradicated those diseases.

I don't see how vaccines are a net benefit for younger people free from such existing health concerns.
Young people are a part of society. Looking at everything as a strict transaction is not the way to benefit.

“What do I get out of this”.

Young people are a part of society. Looking at everything as a strict transaction is not the way to benefit.

“What do I get out of this”.
Young people have been bent over for 18 months by older generations thinking primarily about themselves. Hardly surprising if some take the same transactional view as their elders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Poll: Will you willingly get a Covid vaccine in the next year or so?

Back