Opinion Port Adelaide and their Prison Bars

Remove this Banner Ad

Harlott JimmyBC

Just a heads up and a reminder to Pies fans that if Port posters are passively trolling you and liking and laughing at posts the moderators on here can ban/card them and also remove their liking privileges.

I had a good conversation the other day with your moderator privately on here jathanas that I would be interested in his feedback on this topic. Thanks.

Unlike my fellow feral neighbours in South Australia, I dont go to opposition boards and troll them on their own boards. Typical gutless move.
Guessing you were a dobber at school.

Sorry for the intrusion on to your board.

As a long term SA footy observer there is a bit going on with the whole wharf pylons debate (they aren't prison bars and never have been).

Port are doing a few things here.
  1. They are using the whole issue to try and rally their supporters. They are known for being fickle and so they are using this to try and manufacture some more us v them inferiority complexes.
  2. They are feeding in to this and then using the guernsey as a money making venture. Make no mistake, despite the agreement that they won't manufacture and sell black and white guernsey's, this is a money making venture.
  3. With their supporters fully taking the bait, Port believe they are on to a winner. Beware though. Port have a long tradition of re-writing history. As some of you have posted on here, this is very much the thin edge of the wedge. Port have already moved in the last few years away from teal. As Eddie pointed out, their coaches wear black and white, their away guernsey has no teal at all. Give them any ground here at all and in 10 years time, they will exclusively wear black and white and claim it has always been that way.
  4. Port are experts at playing the victim. They will cry and whinge and manipulate the media to get on their side, until you look like the bad guys for standing your ground. They love to do this, all while having their hand out demanding more handouts. They are like a never employed dole bludger who complains about the amount of money they get and blames everyone for not giving them a job despite never actually applying.
I genuinely think you need to go hard here. You should sue them over breach of contract for the sales they made of the black and white guernsey and refuse all permission for them to wear black and white guernsey's moving forwards.

Let it slide and you will open the door for more and more of this. Port will play the long game here and if you aren't careful, your iconic black and white guernsey will no longer be exclusive.

Teal - Wikipedia

Teal is a blue-green color. Its name comes from that of a bird—the Eurasian teal (Anas crecca nottus magpius)—which presents a similarly colored stripe on its head. The word is often used colloquially to refer to shades of cyan in general. It can be created by mixing blue into a green base, or deepened as needed with black or gray but never with stripes.

anas_crecca_-_foto_colombo-03945.jpg

Eddie is a free agent.
Allowed to say and do whatever the hell he wants.

And to be honest there'd be more than a few Collingwood supporters who wouldn't be shy about taking a swing at that "big nose" of his.

Mind you at some point along the way a clear reference to an old saying about "sticking your big fat nose in where it doesn't belong" somehow twisted into body shaming Kochie which is a joke.

Mind you at some point along the way a clear reference to an old saying about "sticking your big fat nose in where it doesn't belong" somehow twisted into body shaming Kochie which is a joke.
Bit unfair, Kochie's body does that without any help from Ed

Sick of these annoying, idiotic, inbred Port supporters sooking about their ‘heritage’, while their irrelevant club continues leeching $ off the AFL, and trying to sell fake Collingwood jumpers - while we pay tax ??? The only reason anyone cares is because Collingwood is involved.

Sick of these annoying, idiotic, inbred Port supporters sooking about their ‘heritage’, while their irrelevant club continues leeching $ off the AFL, and trying to sell fake Collingwood jumpers - while we pay tax ??? The only reason anyone cares is because Collingwood is involved.
Yeah they think they are legends winning 36 premierships in little league. Beg to join the real comp and they can only scramble 1 in almost 25 years.

Maybe the AFL should let them wear blue and white prison bars when the Roos move to Tassie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems there's some issues across the boards and we've been instructed to post, (here seems as good a place as any) the message below...

Team boards are where users feel free to vent, discuss, barrack or disparage opposition teams amongst their own.

Direct quoting with the authors name still attached to the post is forbidden, if you want to engage them in banter tag or invite them in and they will come if they want to.

The same rules apply to all boards, do not direct quote or use peoples conversations against them in your threads, that’s not how it works here and only causes bad blood between boards and users/mods.

Even on the Bay direct quoting with names attached off team boards or any other boards is dealt with strictly, and that board is all about banter.

No public mod dissing at all is tolerated anywhere, we have pm’s for complaints and questions.

FYI Gone Critical jathanas Maggie5

Seems there's some issues across the boards and we've been instructed to post, (here seems as good a place as any) the message below...

Team boards are where users feel free to vent, discuss, barrack or disparage opposition teams amongst their own.

Direct quoting with the authors name still attached to the post is forbidden, if you want to engage them in banter tag or invite them in and they will come if they want to.

The same rules apply to all boards, do not direct quote or use peoples conversations against them in your threads, that’s not how it works here and only causes bad blood between boards and users/mods.

Even on the Bay direct quoting with names attached off team boards or any other boards is dealt with strictly, and that board is all about banter.

No public mod dissing at all is tolerated anywhere, we have pm’s for complaints and questions.

FYI Gone Critical jathanas Maggie5
I have no idea what that means,
If I quote a post, isn’t the poster named in that quote?
So how do I post without naming the poster?
I may have had a couple of 15 y.o. Glenfiddich, a couple at least, but this sounds like over moderation.
Unless you can explain it in plain English.

When you're a poor, insignificant club,
it's way easier to generate a faux rivalry via a jumper dispute with the most polarising club. It's the AFL equivalent of shock jock radio

It infuriates me that Port wear the stripes at any time however, I find Eddie’s personal comments against Kochie vile.

They’re not funny, they’re not clever, and these types of comments have no place in our society

I still don’t understand why they would want the country thinking they are the Collingwood Football Club?

You don’t understand why they want to be us?? Of course they want to be us. I’m sure they loosely followed our jumper design in the early 1900’s because they liked what they saw and wanted to be like us. They joined the AFL in 1997 because they wanted to be like us. 100 years later they still want to be like us.

It infuriates me that Port wear the stripes at any time however, I find Eddie’s personal comments against Kochie vile.

They’re not funny, they’re not clever, and these types of comments have no place in our society
To be fair he wasn't threatening physical violence he was saying his nose would find itself metaphorically bloodied if it went to court

To be fair he wasn't threatening physical violence he was saying his nose would find itself metaphorically bloodied if it went to court
Should be settled by a good old boxing match. Eddie v Koch.

Eddie would tear him a new one, the wannabe woke man wont know what hit him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back