Port Adelaide - Good, but only one premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 12, 2003
Brisbane
Other Teams
HAWTHORN
Well done to Port Adelaide against Hawthorn, a well deserved win.

I just hope that for the good of the game, and the Port Adelaide Football Club, that their supporters don't get too far ahead of themselves. I mean, they've only ever won one premiership, so it's not their place to get all uppity just yet.

But as I say, congratulations on a great win- it was awesome to watch such a dominant display. Fantastic it was. Losing by 117 points is a shattering feeling- we're definitely on our own with that one this season.

Well, we did lose by 117 earlier this year, so you can always bounce back! LOL!

And yeah we only have one premiership too. I know there's all those flags from the days when we were the Port Magpies, but they don't really count.

harry_hawka said:
...I just hope that ... their supporters don't get too far ahead of themselves. .
Not much chance of that atm, we have to make the eight first.

harry_hawka said:

I just hope that for the good of the game, and the Port Adelaide Football Club, that their supporters don't get too far ahead of themselves. I mean, they've only ever won one premiership, so it's not their place to get all uppity just yet.

But as I say, congratulations on a great win- it was awesome to watch such a dominant display. Fantastic it was. Losing by 117 points is a shattering feeling- we're definitely on our own with that one this season.

Why would we get ahead of ourselfs we still have to make the 8 first and we only played you. 3 in a row is a good start but we have to keep winning.. Next game is important hopefuly can win our second away game this year.

harry_hawka said:

We're raining premiers we can get uppity when ever we want. Your not on your own with the 117 point loss it happend to us. No shame to losing to the best team in the comp though. We managed to turn it around i can't see hawthorn doing that.

Port got written off a bit early by some pundits but look to be getting their best 22 together. If they hit the finals with some momentum will be hard to stop - but must finish top 4 to go all the way again.
It'll be a ripper finals series if Port, Bris and the Saints get there in good shape. Tredrea/Jon Brown/Reiwoldt may not win Brownlows but they are the most valuable players in the game.

The only thing interesting about Port making the finals is to see if they can build on their enormous tally of one premiership. Up there with the Saints and Bulldogs with a record like that.

Oh no- look out! Don't over-power me with your one premiership!

there doesn't seem to be one thread started by a port supporter on the main board saying anything about the thrashing

this thread was unwarranted

we're taking it one week at a time..happy to see us hit some good form, but we still need to make the 8 and win the gf before we can bask in glory once again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very happy with our performance tonight. Hawthorn did crumble fairly easily when the blow torch was applied though.

I wouldn't get too downcast if I was a Hawthorn fan though. Enough of your young guys showed glimpses of real talent to make it clear you've got something to work with.

1 AFL flag as opposed to 1 Hawthorn one .. hmmm

We never came on here gloating .. woory about ur own side and just how pathetic they are. We r not concerned with our premiership, neither should u be. Concentrate on playing competitive footy first

harry_hawka said:

:rolleyes: Yeah okay mate, thanks for the concern.
Typical post thrashing post, "My team lost and I'm bitter about it so I'm gonna put down the opposition supporters and achievements and then I'll add 'good win' to the end to make my comments look genuine".

harry_hawka said:

Yes, we have only won 1 AFL premiership. How many AFL premierships have the hawks won?

Arsene Wenger said:
Concentrate on playing competitive footy first

Well, actually, between rounds 2 to 12, I thought we had. Our percentage was 100+ up until recently.

This was always going to happen. The kids can't run out a full season and need a couple of years in them before they can. They start to get tired and the enthusiasm doesn't run as far as the grounds get heavier and muscle and bulk become more valued than pace as winter comes on.

Port made us look terrible last night, certainly true. So many kids also means fewer leaders. The seeming lack of leadership was the most dissappointing aspect from the second half, whether we lost by 1, 2, or 20 goals. Somebody could have said, lets man up and play one on one for ten minutes to arrest the slide and re-evaluate after that.

We'll cop a few more of these along the way and so long as it not a weekly event, it is a learning experience, so long as it teaches the players to hate being embarrassed. Brisbane pre 1996 were being constantly flogged.

harry_hawka said:
The only thing interesting about Port making the finals is to see if they can build on their enormous tally of one premiership. Up there with the Saints and Bulldogs with a record like that.

Oh no- look out! Don't over-power me with your one premiership!

i'd say one in 8 years of AFL is a pretty good record.

9 in 80 years is above 1 in 8

so

Port - 1 premieship every 8 years
Hawks - 1 premiership every 8.88 years

:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Port Adelaide - Good, but only one premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

Back