Unofficial Preview Port Adelaide versus West Coast @ LDV Sunday 15:35 AWST

Remove this Banner Ad

I put Johnson in the higher ceiling than any of our other small young forwards category. Just needs games both SANFL and AFL - if he played a 50/50 full season. I'd be happy. He also doesn't look overawed by the speed of AFL - this is a good thing.
Lol, how many young small forwards do we actually have? Neade, Johnson, and?

Funny you should say that .. Just finished watching the replay ..Collingwood game R21 at Adelaide Oval .. Johnson made a great tackle in the 3rd q, applauded by Ken, passed it to Dixon who passed Sam passed to Robbie who kicked a goal.
Give him time.. I am not writing him off ... wait till the end of 2018 :thumbsu:
I wouldn't say I've written him off. If it helps the team, I'd be very happy to see him put it all together and lock himself into our best 22 - I just can't see him finding the consistency or decision making ability to do that.

Checked out Strathalbyn Oval last night, the AFL sure do upgrade the turf for the club, it is looking great. The AFL goal posts are also massive!

Wingard goes OK.

If he's on the park and feeling good. Even fantasy footy guys are avoiding him because they don't trust his body anymore. Sucks.

carn
18+ games in every year he's been in the system

hardly an "injury prone" player

From a fantasy perspective 18 games a year isn't enough, though lol.

I know where your coming from but I'm mainly talking in that context.

From a fantasy perspective 18 games a year isn't enough, though lol.

I know where your coming from but I'm mainly talking in that context.
to be fair you're talking about how these 3 guys don't want him
images (1).jpeg (in saying that I am a weekly listener and enjoy what they do and not picking wingard in my classic team)

to be fair you're talking about how these 3 guys don't want him
View attachment 462660 (in saying that I am a weekly listener and enjoy what they do and not picking wingard in my classic team)

His percentage picked is quite low compared ro his actual/potential so it's not just them. Though I have no idea who those guys are lol.

His percentage picked is quite low compared ro his actual/potential so it's not just them. Though I have no idea who those guys are lol.
his problem is when he plays forward he doesn't get enough of it, and there is like 30% differential of him playing at home/away (what says a lot really)

his problem is when he plays forward he doesn't get enough of it, and there is like 30% differential of him playing at home/away (what says a lot really)

I've been a bit disappointed with his output the last few years. He just hasn't had that same feel about him. Whether the game plan stifled his brilliance or he's just too comfortable who knows, but we've seen precious little of the gamebreaker high flyer Wingard we know and love and much more of the "you can tell he's extremely talented but isn't quite getting the most out of himself despite reasonable performances." He has a different and tougher measure applied to him than most though - simply because we've seen his best.

Still a huge player but you just feel there is more to give having seen what he's done in the past.

I reckon Chad needs to spend more time up forward where he's dangerous. Hes OK in the midfield but i think dividing his time between the two has left him a bit unsettled. Due for a big year imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been a bit disappointed with his output the last few years. He just hasn't had that same feel about him. Whether the game plan stifled his brilliance or he's just too comfortable who knows, but we've seen precious little of the gamebreaker high flyer Wingard we know and love and much more of the "you can tell he's extremely talented but isn't quite getting the most out of himself despite reasonable performances." He has a different and tougher measure applied to him than most though - simply because we've seen his best.

Still a huge player but you just feel there is more to give having seen what he's done in the past.
agreed, following both the pendlebury's/boak' of professionalism on Instagram then comparing it to his is constantly dissapointing

I still reckon you throw Wingard in an elite functioning forward line magic will follow.. please function this year Prots I need function

On top of watching our recruits in Steven Motlop, Jack Watts, Trent McKenzie and Lindsay Thomas; players to watch will be the traded Brendon Ah Chee and West Coast's choice over SPP, Daniel Venables.
NOTE : Daniel Venables will be an option to consider for SC and AF this year.

Last edited:
Wingard's at that age (25 this year) when most players mature from moments and passages of individual brilliance to a realisation that this alone is not enough

With the move into the midfield last year I noticed a much more team orientated, less fijaminess individual

This can sometimes be confused with complacency

Injuries aside, I reckon he will play his best football from now onwards

Lol, they are the guys that all the sheeple follow. If even 1 of them had Chad in their team his ownership would increase tenfold.

"I'm totally on Darcy Moore this year"

SHIT I'VE GOTTA FIND A SPOT FOR MOORE

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Port Adelaide versus West Coast @ LDV Sunday 15:35 AWST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back