Port Adelaide's China game strategy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It says they paid the AFL $910k. It doesn't say what for. Also it is Chapman....so you know...

Heres the article from Johnie

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...a/news-story/29c0e9b27b65a0ecf47153c517daf55b

And to be fair to the Crows, they have financial obligations that Port do not.

They pay $400,000 to the SANFL for their reserves team to compete in the SANFL.

They also have to contribute a further $800,000 to the AFL’s equalisation fund to support those AFL clubs who can’t or won’t raise enough money to compete in the competition.

Port Adelaide does not have to pay those fees. It’s this imbalance that the league directors of the SANFL want to correct, particularly now Port is back in the black.

It just says you paid the afl that, not what it is for.

I dont know what its for, but could it be related to the licence transfer issue with the afl (with them taking it from the sanfl and transitioning to you)?
What else do we pay the AFL for, as I'm not aware of anything?

What else do we pay the AFL for, as I'm not aware of anything?

As mentioned in the aust, you only paid $310k for the wealth tax, and youre a non issue for 2016 for the footy dept levy

Its why i guessed the licence transfer, do you have to buy the licence back from the afl to get your sanfl freedom (again - guessing i dont know)

As mentioned in the aust, you only paid $310k for the wealth tax, and youre a non issue for 2016 for the footy dept levy

Its why i guessed the licence transfer, do you have to buy the licence back from the afl to get your sanfl freedom (again - guessing i dont know)

Very Very unlikely there was a fee, the licence was sold by the SANFL to the AFC if they charged $500,000 to change the names you would start to ask some serious questions from more than just the AFL but maybe relevant government deprtment

So wait, your just making assumptions on some fluff figures the President said?? Interesting.
The numbers are published in the financial statements, unlike most numbers many of your supporters have been claiming on the China venture.

What isn't clear is to whether there was more than 1 reason for the AFL payment... but not sure why this is important to you.

But surely that was the 2015 payment, as they would not have known the 2016 payment half way through 2016.

But surely that was the 2015 payment, as they would not have known the 2016 payment half way through 2016.

Total equalization for 2015

AFL Equalisation charges
  • Collingwood - $1,386,640
  • Hawthorn - $1,349,107
  • Adelaide - $792,967
  • Geelong - $$300,000
  • Essendon - $270,000
  • Carlton - $230,000

Experts exerpts

Do you seriously believe we are worried about this China venture and the exposure you are getting? Really? We actually find it amusing it's taken up so much of your clubs resources and it's distracting your push to play finals for the first time in awhile.
As for exposure, you know this isn't even being shown live in Victoria?
Why don't you do a bit of research before you make silly statements
like ...
Its not being shown live in Melbourne.
http://www.afl.com.au/tv-radio/broadcastguide

upload_2017-5-12_14-45-39.png

Yes its live :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha, if the Chinese decide to put money into any sport, they can excel, as the Olympics have shown. Soccer is their next big thing..A talent pool of over a billion is pretty intimidating...
They have pumped billions into soccer and are a still a pathetic laughing stock at it. They will never be any good at soccer

Bloody SANFL being nice to Port
And to be fair to the Crows, they have financial obligations that Port do not.
This is from Your mate John Olsen no wonder they dont pay more to the fund not sure if those other teams have a $400K bill like this one
"They pay $400,000 to the SANFL for their reserves team to compete in the SANFL.
Port Adelaide does not have to pay those fees. It’s this imbalance that the league directors of the SANFL want to correct, particularly now Port is back in the black."
Why don't you do some research before you make a statement.
The reason Port do not pay $400,000 is because the Port Adelaide Football Club gave up their claim to the SANFL for monies from Football Park when they moved into the AFL.

I am not going to agree that that was a good article because it simply outlines what anybody with half a brain should realise about this entire excercise.
that's one way to look at it but it's a pretty dumb one frankly, and unnecessarily adversarial. There are opposing arguments, but I found that article concisely and intelligently put its case. Hence, good article.

What about playing a game in the US? I think Americans would take a more keen interest in our sport then the Chinese.
Why not!
Only takes a club to bite the bullet.

I don't know which US companies need greater exposure here though.

What about playing a game in the US? I think Americans would take a more keen interest in our sport then the Chinese.
The American sporting market is already ridiculously saturated. NBA, MLB, NFL, NHL, hell even College sports have crazy followings. It'd be a tough market to break into

Experts exerpts

Do you seriously believe we are worried about this China venture and the exposure you are getting? Really? We actually find it amusing it's taken up so much of your clubs resources and it's distracting your push to play finals for the first time in awhile.

As for exposure, you know this isn't even being shown live in Victoria?

I don't know about "worried" or "jealous" but if you are finding it amusing then that's fine. If you expect it to be just a "Rabbit Hole" and/or a "sideshow" and you're just watching on with a smirk on your face then frankly, I don't blame you.

It's the rhetoric of "CHINA DONT KNOW ABOUT AFL LOL" and "SMOG LEL" and "TRAVEL THEY WILL LOSE EVERY GAME NOW" that I find amusing.

So I guess, we're laughing at you laughing at us...but who will have the last laugh?

Decent idea. But gee you are competing against many sports entrenched within generations of Americans.

Hilarious thread to read. Haters will hate. We really have become a country of whiners. Its a new experience, its change, embrace it. If you cant deal with change, I feel sorry for you. Perhaps you will be that person at your family functions talking about the past where no one wants to sit with you....f*** if port are defeated by the Suns, I wont be blaming the China experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back