News Port Adelaide's Next Generation Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah how does this happen and where are the protests from the club about this?

On the same level of ludicrousness as The Egyptian. Surely being F/S eligible should automatically override any other 'special needs' category.

uwokenonsense.jpg

On the same level of ludicrousness as The Egyptian. Surely being F/S eligible should automatically override any other 'special needs' category.

View attachment 2064371
Yep I agree!
Maybe they need added criteria in their NGA that they need to be a first gen Australian with no football connections... ie father/mother can't have played at state or national level.

The Rodan boys being essington NGAs triggers the **** out of me. Absolute rort
FFS old man was born in Fiji, moved when he was 2 or 4 and played nearly 200 games of AFL and he is considered coming from some disadvantaged CALD background. Hope Andrew Bassat at St Kilda is jumping up and down about this like he id with Father - Son picks.

Yeah how does this happen and where are the protests from the club about this?
Nahhh, let Essendon invest their resources into the lads. But we should be doing everything we can in the holidays and all Victorian games they should be invited into the rooms, have a mentor that is a player and have a direct number to them. CD should be shouting dinner whenever we in their state they reside in.

FFS old man was born in Fiji, moved when he was 2 or 4 and played nearly 200 games of AFL and he is considered coming from some disadvantaged CALD background. Hope Andrew Bassat at St Kilda is jumping up and down about this like he id with Father - Son picks.
AFLs version of NDIS?

Yes Zemes Pilot-Holmes will be our NGA if he chooses footy.

190.5cm & 77kg at 15 years of age, turned 15 last month.

His U16 performance whilst playing for us against the Crows he kicked 2 goals playing as a KPF.
Player number 22 on the list.

Link below

cmView attachment 2061936
Don't get too carried away I was 185cm when I was 14 years old and ended up being 185cm when I was 30 years old.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

D-Rod was sitting near the Port bench last night, must have been the reserve goal umpire.

Wonder if Trav gave him a sneaky lo 5?

Port Adelaide has four sons of guns on its draft radar this year, but its best academy prospect may be a speedster of Papua New Guinean heritage.

Some recruiters rate South Adelaide’s Benny Barrett higher than the club’s father-son candidates Rome Burgoyne, Louie Montgomery, Ky Burgoyne and Oliver Francou.
Barrett, who is part of the Power’s Next Generation Academy, has caught the eye in the Panthers’ reserves and under-18s because of his X-factor.
The 174cm left-footer was the fastest player tested at the SANFL’s centre of excellence combine in February, clocking 2.87sec in the 20m sprint and a blistering 0.97 over 5m.
Born in Australia to Papua New Guinean parents, Barrett is viewed as a potential small forward at AFL level and has also played through the midfield.
He won the SANFL under-16s best-and-fairest in 2022.

Woodville-West Torrens halfback Rome Burgoyne (Peter), North Adelaide utility Louie Montgomery (Brett) and West Adelaide defender Ky Burgoyne (Shaun) are the sons of 2004 Power premiership players.

Its the Blakey scenario
Blakey was living in Sydney though. When the Swans and Giants Academies are the elite pathways.

David Rodan's kids are living in Melbourne where they're already exposed to the all the existing elite pathways for having a football career. They in no way need to be part of a Football Academy to get access to becoming elite footballers.

The same also applies for Benny Barrett.

The NGA is a shit rort.

Port Adelaide has four sons of guns on its draft radar this year, but its best academy prospect may be a speedster of Papua New Guinean heritage.

Some recruiters rate South Adelaide’s Benny Barrett higher than the club’s father-son candidates Rome Burgoyne, Louie Montgomery, Ky Burgoyne and Oliver Francou.
Barrett, who is part of the Power’s Next Generation Academy, has caught the eye in the Panthers’ reserves and under-18s because of his X-factor.
The 174cm left-footer was the fastest player tested at the SANFL’s centre of excellence combine in February, clocking 2.87sec in the 20m sprint and a blistering 0.97 over 5m.
Born in Australia to Papua New Guinean parents, Barrett is viewed as a potential small forward at AFL level and has also played through the midfield.
He won the SANFL under-16s best-and-fairest in 2022.

Woodville-West Torrens halfback Rome Burgoyne (Peter), North Adelaide utility Louie Montgomery (Brett) and West Adelaide defender Ky Burgoyne (Shaun) are the sons of 2004 Power premiership players.

Benny being on the list proper maybe getting a 3rd round bid and the rest of the F/S group rookied is possibly the best outcome?

Benny going well at 3/4 time South Reserves.

15 kicks 5 handballs 9 clearances. 4 inside 50s.

Would have been nice to see him at league level.

That's a mighty South side to break into.

Don't get too carried away I was 185cm when I was 14 years old and ended up being 185cm when I was 30 years old.

I feel you, played my junior footy as a ruckman and i'm 5'10. One of the cruelest days of my life was the orthodontist x-raying my wrist and telling me I was in my last 1-2% of growth at 13.

I also think starting tall isn't perfect preparation for an elite athlete. You want to start shorter, build up the skills of a smaller player then shoot up late in your teens, aka the Warren Tredrea method, U18 AA on the wing before growing to KPF size.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Port Adelaide's Next Generation Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back