Port Adelaide's plan to use jumpers similar to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood allowing.........

You guys are full of yourselves.

Collingwood doesn’t own black and white.
Apparently they do, it's the reason St Kilda isn't allowed to wear the Candy Stripe because Eddie cracked the shits even though the St Kilda's Candy Stripe jumper predates Collingwood's existence.

Supporters like you make the cause more difficult than it has to be.

GC and Carlton similar 😂 maybe if you were colourblind and 5 miles away.
I'll conceded I probably picked an extreme example in an attempt to make a point. There are similarities between Collingwood's all vertical stripes and our wharf pylons but not so that any reasonably sighted person would think they're the same.

Can you tell the difference between p b g q? The differences are not that great but most people have no trouble telling them apart. Although Eddie would have us believe that Collingwood supporters can't. :think:

Agree. Been saying it for years that we should go back to white with black stripes. It’s a superior jumper and has more tradition.

Only clashes with Geelong and North’s sway jumper.

The thread below pretty much explains it.

Awesome Ponsford! I was super busy in Queensland when this stuff happened and have been wondering why it occurred for years.
Certainly want our 1990 jumper back, like most fans i would say.

I'll conceded I probably picked an extreme example in an attempt to make a point. There are similarities between Collingwood's all vertical stripes and our wharf pylons but not so that any reasonably sighted person would think they're the same.

Can you tell the difference between p b g q? The differences are not that great but most people have no trouble telling them apart. Although Eddie would have us believe that Collingwood supporters can't. :think:

Interesting analogy.

It should be a non-issue. Why on Earth would anyone have an issue with us wearing it in the 2 Showdowns each year?

Eddie calling the Collingwood guernsey “iconic” is also baffling. You completely changed your guernsey in 2001! A change that funnily enough made it look a lot more like the Prison Bar guernsey

Smart move wasn't it? Or was it Adidas who made the move to make the white stripes 'pop' more?

Either way, it means Port's desired uniform is very similar to Collingwood's, and the AFL who own and manage it all want to protect the identity of its largest VFL club.

Heres a simple solution.

Just a very thin teal edge to the pylons and its no longer just black and white and still looks almost exactly like the heritage design.
The proportion of teal would have to be significantly greater for this to be acceptable to Collingwood (e.g. full teal yoke, black and white bars below).

Same chairman, same CEO, same board, same staff, same coach, same training ground.

But yeah cos some of the players and the guernsey changed it must be a new club.

A new team is not what you said, nor does it have anything to do with the guernsey. Try to keep your argument consistent.

A "new team" is exactly what I posted! And then you go and misquote me by suggesting I said it was a new club!!! Jeesus.

This is just the start. Port Adelaide POWER will end up wanting their Port ADELAIDE premierships included as AFL premierships. Port Adelaide POWER was formed in 1997. They didn't bring their Port Adelaide team (players, coaches, etc) into the AFL, they formed an entirely new team. Their jumpers were never the prison bars.

View attachment 1114162

BTW the guernsey is what's being discussed in this topic and at least you admit the prison bars was never POWER'S.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The proportion of teal would have to be significantly greater for this to be acceptable to Collingwood (e.g. full teal yoke, black and white bars below).
Who gives a **** what Collingwood have to say, it's not black and white so play on!

Huh? One is a monogram, one is a logo. One is a solid colour, one has a trim down the armpit and hips. One is navy blue and one is bright f*n red!!

The mental gymnastics are insane.

What he means are the predominantly 'solid' design with a monogram, logo, semantics are similar. I think you get that.

The tops/uni themselves are considerably distinguished by their different colour which makes it a non-issue.

On the other hand, Carlton and Geelong have the same colours but are distinguished by a different proportion of the colours and the design of their respective uni which also makes it a non-issue.

They should challenge it all the way to the privy council if they have to.
If they lose they should wear it anyway and make publicity nightmare for the AFL and Collingwood.
It won't be a publicity nightmare. 'Any publicity's good publicity' as the saying goes and Eddie and whining Port fans will make sure there's plenty of it.

It won't be a publicity nightmare. 'Any publicity's good publicity' as the saying goes and Eddie and whining Port fans will make sure there's plenty of it.
Oh I'm sure it will play well to the Collingwood mob, but not to sponsors or anyone not part of the Collingwood or Adelaide Football Clubs.

They really shouldn't.

What are Collingwood going to do about it? They can't leave all they can do is b*tch about it.

It’s in the AFL’s best interest to have 18 unique, distinguishable brands. Don’t think they are worried about the once of showdown guernsey as much as they are about the slippery slope it could create.

Home games, all games, Collingwood games, magpie nickname etc. etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Port Adelaide's plan to use jumpers similar to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back