Port AFL is not Port SANFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this your assumption?? Your fishbowl world isnt very big is it.:confused::eek:
There'd be a bit more elbow room in that fish bowl if only Andrew Demetriou wasn't swimming in it too. ;)

Here's Andrew responding to Graham Cornes' shit stirring on 5AA:-

"Graham, Graham I actually think it's an insult to Port supporters. I mean they are one of the great football clubs that's ever been in existence in this country, they've won more premierships than anyone we know, they've got a great history and tradition and for anyone to be talking about them going to Tasmania - with respect to Tasmania - is an insult to their tradition and supporters".

(Andrew Demetriou on the 5AA Sports Show 3/3/2009)​

There'd be a bit more elbow room in that fish bowl if only Andrew Demetriou wasn't swimming in it too. ;)

"Graham, Graham I actually think it's an insult to Port supporters. I mean they are one of the great football clubs that's ever been in existence in this country, they've won more premierships than anyone we know, they've got a great history and tradition and for anyone to be talking about them going to Tasmania - with respect to Tasmania - is an insult to their tradition and supporters".

(Andrew Demetriou on the 5AA Sports Show 3/3/2009)

Surely he didnt say that did he Toots? Who would have thought he would say something factual like that? Thats why hes the leader I guess, a very successful and astute man there.

But not all leaders are successful.........

Thank you wambat, you are living proof that too many Whoppers has a detrimental effect on the neocortex.

So you Port Adelaide Magpies mate would rather associate himself with a club imposed on the SA public that finished 6th in a 9 team state league than with a club that finished 2nd in the premier national competition? I can see why you two are friends.

No he just said its an utter embarrsement to the Port Adelaide Magpies that the teal wearing chokers continue to try and - as he put it 'cash in' on OUR tradition. Then go an 'Live the creed' or whatever bullshit you call it on the AFL's biggest stage and get smahsed by 119 points. I can bet that the 'REAL' port Adelaide Magpies would have done a better job than that.

And here is a few more quotes from Gomez on the official AFL website

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/72819/default.aspx

“I can promise you that Port Adelaide is not going to Tasmania. Not a word has passed anyone’s lips about Port Adelaide playing (home games) anywhere other than in Adelaide,” Demetriou told Radio 5AA on Tuesday night.

“Port Adelaide is one of the great football clubs to ever exist in this country.

"They’ve won more (SANFL) premierships than anyone we know and they have a great history and tradition, so for anyone to be talking about Port Adelaide going to Tasmania - with respect to Tasmania - is an insult to their tradition and supporters.

“We’ve got great faith in the club’s new administration and they are a vital part of our competition. They have a great coach and I think they are going to be a very, very good team this year.”

And here is a few more quotes from Gomez on the official AFL website

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/72819/default.aspx

“I can promise you that Port Adelaide is not going to Tasmania. Not a word has passed anyone’s lips about Port Adelaide playing (home games) anywhere other than in Adelaide,” Demetriou told Radio 5AA on Tuesday night.

“Port Adelaide is one of the great football clubs to ever exist in this country.

"They’ve won more (SANFL) premierships than anyone we know and they have a great history and tradition, so for anyone to be talking about Port Adelaide going to Tasmania - with respect to Tasmania - is an insult to their tradition and supporters.

“We’ve got great faith in the club’s new administration and they are a vital part of our competition. They have a great coach and I think they are going to be a very, very good team this year.”

Since when have we given anything Vlad has said any credence.

I may be cynical but Vlad's response could have more to do with the AFL TV rights contract needing to have two clubs in SA. Take one club away and the rights money for the next contract may decrease. Tasmania is not on the agenda because the TV market down there is near to non-existant. Remember where the AFL (and its clubs) get a fair amount of funding from.

The rest of his waffle is to come across as a "nice guy". I doubt that he actually cares about Port moving to Tassie or their history. Remember he is quite happy to send the club he played for to the Gold Coast. Why would he care about Port Adelaide?

Why argue with these dim wits?

Seriously you have to be very stupid and naive not to realise that the PAFC is in the AFL now.

I just wish that the SANFL didn't create the new Magpies club in the SANFL in 1997 so that none of this crap existed. If we were just allowed to move like we wanted to without creating the new team, that the SANFL forced upon us, none of these uneducated idiots would be able to keep spitting the garbage they still do.

But unfortunately without the Magpies the SANFL would've struggled to survive, so I suppose what is more important, the SANFL comp or the PAFC supporter base having to put up with a few uneducated fools, I'm pretty sure the greater good was the survival of the SANFL so I'm happy to put up with these dim wits, because I know the truth which is the PAFC now competes in the AFL since 1997 and was established in 1870, having won 34 SANFL flags and 1 AFL flag. The PAMFC on the other hand was established in 1997 and has won 2 flags but is allowed to reference the history of the PAFC because the PAMFC was created in the image of the PAFC as a result of the PAFC's incredible success.

(Andrew Demetriou on the 5AA Sports Show 3/3/2009)

's great Toot. Ta.
PA was claiming everyone in the world is jealous. I was merely advising him that the world is in fact not jealous of Port Adelaide.
All the other shit you guys go on about I can accept. But to claim the world is jealous:thumbsdown::eek:

Why argue with these dim wits?

Seriously you have to be very stupid and naive not to realise that the PAFC is in the AFL now.

I just wish that the SANFL didn't create the new Magpies club in the SANFL in 1997 so that none of this crap existed. If we were just allowed to move like we wanted to without creating the new team, that the SANFL forced upon us, none of these uneducated idiots would be able to keep spitting the garbage they still do.

But unfortunately without the Magpies the SANFL would've struggled to survive, so I suppose what is more important, the SANFL comp or the PAFC supporter base having to put up with a few uneducated fools, I'm pretty sure the greater good was the survival of the SANFL so I'm happy to put up with these dim wits, because I know the truth which is the PAFC now competes in the AFL since 1997 and was established in 1870, having won 34 SANFL flags and 1 AFL flag. The PAMFC on the other hand was established in 1997 and has won 2 flags.

So the PAMFC has won more flags than the PAFC in the same period. I guess the people who went with the Power were holding them back:p.

No he just said its an utter embarrsement to the Port Adelaide Magpies that the teal wearing chokers continue to try and - as he put it 'cash in' on OUR tradition. Then go an 'Live the creed' or whatever bullshit you call it on the AFL's biggest stage and get smahsed by 119 points. I can bet that the 'REAL' port Adelaide Magpies would have done a better job than that.

You must have had a Double Whopper with Cheese for lunch as it seems to be affecting your amygdala and your hypothalamus.

Once again it is no surprise that you have befriended a person who would rather associate himself with a team that comes 6th in a state league than a team that comes 2nd in a national league, when in reality you can asssociate and support both. Did you choose to dissassociate yourself with the Eagles and only support Subiaco, West Perth or whoever it is you support in the WAFL when the West Coast got smashed by 53 points on the AFL's biggest stage in 1991?

Now do you want fries with that?

So the PAMFC has won more flags than the PAFC in the same period. I guess the people who went with the Power were holding them back:p.

Oh, so what your saying is that an SANFL premiership is worth as much as an SANFL premiership, nice work. The PAFC will claim all 34 SANFL as AFL premierships then!

Nice work Geoffa32, I know your not always anti-port but you didn't really think that through before you posted it did ya

Hey we may have had a horror day at the end of 2007 and you may have caused the other team from Adelaide to choke but as a Weagles supporter you should show a bit of respect to the PAFC est. 1870 coz this is what we do to you:-

[youtube]RGnYxaEbhko[/youtube]

Get back in your hole you wambat. :D

Oh, so what your saying is that an SANFL premiership is worth as much as an SANFL premiership, nice work. The PAFC will claim all 34 SANFL as AFL premierships then!

Nice work Geoffa32, I know your not always anti-port but you didn't really think that through before you posted it did ya

You confused me:confused:, or yourself??

And it was a joke.......

Hey we may have had a horror day at the end of 2007 and you may have caused the other team from Adelaide to choke but as a Weagles supporter you should show a bit of respect to the PAFC est. 1870 coz this is what we do to you:-

[youtube]RGnYxaEbhko[/youtube]

Get back in your hole you wambat. :D

Is that really the best game to use as an example of your "dominance" over the Toasters.

The game was in the balance till Bad Boy Benny's hammy gave out.

But at least you can beat them in a final :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since when have we given anything Vlad has said any credence.

I have always given Gomez credence. Unfortunately I have never given you any credence.

I may be cynical but Vlad's response could have more to do with the AFL TV rights contract needing to have two clubs in SA. Take one club away and the rights money for the next contract may decrease. Tasmania is not on the agenda because the TV market down there is near to non-existant. Remember where the AFL (and its clubs) get a fair amount of funding from.

Tassie is not on the agenda because the TV ratings down there are quite good and putting a team in Tassie would not increase ratings much. Most Tasmanians already have a Victorian team that they support. Tasmania also has a decentralised population. About half of them live on the North Coast and the other half in the South East. Tasmania has as much right to have an AFL team as the Gippsland or Ballarat/Bendigo.

The rest of his waffle is to come across as a "nice guy". I doubt that he actually cares about Port moving to Tassie or their history. Remember he is quite happy to send the club he played for to the Gold Coast. Why would he care about Port Adelaide?

Why would he praise Port and risk being attacked by the moronic throng from Karparkistan? As you have just done.

One more time thank you Andrew:

“Port Adelaide is one of the great football clubs to ever exist in this country. They’ve won more premierships than anyone we know and they have a great history and tradition, so for anyone to be talking about Port Adelaide going to Tasmania - with respect to Tasmania - is an insult to their tradition and supporters.”

Why would he praise Port and risk being attacked by the moronic throng from Karparkistan? As you have just done.

“Port Adelaide is one of the great football clubs to ever exist in this country. They’ve won more premierships than anyone we know and they have a great history and tradition, so for anyone to be talking about Port Adelaide going to Tasmania - with respect to Tasmania - is an insult to their tradition and supporters.” [/quote]
We all had to laugh at Andrew Demetriou's put down of Graham Cornes at the start of the interview. Following Cornes intro about the senate enquiry AD interrupts laughing "Hehe, first of all, first of all Graham I thought it was April Fools day when I heard it because I was listening in on it when I heard it, and, ('cause I heard you were going to break one of the biggest football stories in twenty years in South Australia)....." "Graham, Graham, I actually think it's an insult to Port supporters. I mean they are one of the great football clubs that's ever been in existence in this country...etc.

Great stuff from Andrew and comedy from Cornes.

I have always given Gomez credence. Unfortunately I have never given you any credence.

Tassie is not on the agenda because the TV ratings down there are quite good and putting a team in Tassie would not increase ratings much. Most Tasmanians already have a Victorian team that they support. Tasmania also has a decentralised population. About half of them live on the North Coast and the other half in the South East. Tasmania has as much right to have an AFL team as the Gippsland or Ballarat/Bendigo.

“Port Adelaide is one of the great football clubs to ever exist in this country. They’ve won more premierships than anyone we know and they have a great history and tradition, so for anyone to be talking about Port Adelaide going to Tasmania - with respect to Tasmania - is an insult to their tradition and supporters.”

We all had to laugh at Andtrew Demetriou's put down of Graham Cornes at the start of the interview. Following Cornes intro about the senate enquiry AD interrupts laughing "Hehe, first of all, first of all Graham I thought it was April Fools day when I heard it because I was listening in on it when I heard it, and, ('cause I heard you were going to break one of the biggest football stories in twenty years in South Australia)..... "

"Graham, Graham, I actually think it's an insult to Port supporters...etc."

Great stuff from Andrew, comedy from Cornes.

When you listen to that audio what's also funny is hearing Graham Cornes' intro about the Senate enquiry, the planned discussion of a move by a non Vic club to Tasmania (by people who have no control over the AFL) and the possibility that this might be Port and you can hear the uncertainty creeping into his voice as it starts to dawn on him what a very long bow he's drawn. :p

For Andy D to then take the mickey by saying he'd been listening in because he'd heard that Cornes had the scoop of the last twenty years must have been mortifying for the poor old fossil. :D

And of course, from a Bay 13 perspective, the good thing to come out of the farce was Demetriou's affirmation of the AFL Port's fantastic heritage and history going back to 1870. :thumbsu:

[/INDENT] Great stuff from Andrew, comedy from Cornes.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Point being is that it was great comedy put up by who ever it was & the howls of denial plus the howls of angst coming from the Port Adelaide Power supporters for a week or two just made sure the laughs kept-a-coming :D

The only ones who took all this crap as gospel were you guys & still you keep on & on & on about the Tassie expedition :thumbsu: :D

So in other words he's worthy of a promotion to Chief Executive Window-Licker at the Phoenix Society. Good for him. :thumbsu:

When you listen to that audio what's also funny is hearing Graham Cornes' intro about the Senate enquiry, the planned discussion of a move by a non Vic club to Tasmania (by people who have no control over the AFL) and the possibility that this might be Port and you can hear the uncertainty creeping into his voice as it starts to dawn on him what a very long bow he's drawn. :p

For Andy D to then take the mickey by saying he'd been listening in because he'd heard that Cornes had the scoop of the last twenty years must have been mortifying for the poor old fossil. :D

And of course, from a Bay 13 perspective, the good thing to come out of the farce was Demetriou's affirmation of the AFL Port's fantastic heritage and history going back to 1870. :thumbsu:

Speaking of creditable sources as to where Port Power came from:

On Mt Lofty summit I came across a sign at the top which describes some of the landmarks that can be seen. This sign is an offical sign from the Department of Environment and Heritage (I take more credence out of this than the website of a semi professional AFL club or wikipedia) it states the following:

"Port Adelaide is a traditional working class area, this working class is still embodied today in the areas 2 football teams, Port Adelaide and Port Power"

Which one was born in 1870? We all know teal wasn't invented in the 1800's

ahhh i love Port Adelaide, i really cant believe that pretty much all footy fans hate us. I know they are jealous but cmon. Here's a tip, all you crows fans, go down to Alberton and just breathe in the air of success and rich history. Something that ur soulless club wishes they had.

this is the problem, your post is divided in two parts.

this part, where you sing to the choir and can't see that anyone could have another view. you're just a catholic disparing the protestants.

D_One's "Flat Earth Society" analogy fits quite well here. Sure, you might have a different view, if you completely ignore anything that actually went on in 1996. If you genuinely have a different view, you really need to further educate yourself on the matter.

and the second part, where you want to discuss motivations some more. motivations do not change the substance of anything.

motivations are why, not what.

you can discuss motivations all you want, but it doesn't help.

Motivations don't change the substance of anything? Is that a serious comment? By that logic, everyone who commits accidental manslaughter is a murderer.

Regardless, I was discussing motivation to prove that it is completely ridiculous to say that the PAFC administrators and members who voted to move the PAFC into the AFL were actually voting for a completely new and unrelated club to be created, a club that would evict the "real Port Adelaide" from Alberton and steal their name.

You have again failed to explain why that would be the case.

Regardless of motivations, the administrators and members voted to move the PAFC to the AFL, after the SANFL had awarded the PAFC their 2nd AFL license. The PAFC then moved to the AFL.

Why on earth would they use that license that they had fought so hard for to create a brand new and unrelated club, leaving the club they loved playing SANFL footy?

I'm waiting to see how you deflect this question. It's a straight question, it's shouldn't be too hard to answer.

Speaking of creditable sources as to where Port Power came from:

On Mt Lofty summit I came across a sign at the top which describes some of the landmarks that can be seen. This sign is an offical sign from the Department of Environment and Heritage (I take more credence out of this than the website of a semi professional AFL club or wikipedia) it states the following:

"Port Adelaide is a traditional working class area, this working class is still embodied today in the areas 2 football teams, Port Adelaide and Port Power"

Which one was born in 1870? We all know teal wasn't invented in the 1800's
This may sound harsh but there's no sense pretending otherwise:-

Fail. :thumbsdown:

… or some AFL followers have an ignorance crisis. And we are trying our best to cure the ignorant but “Flat Earthers” like yourself are impervious to deductive logic and reason.

From the SANFL website

"In 1994 the Port Adelaide Football Club was selected for the second AFL Licence by the SANFL and subsequently joined the AFL competition in 1997 after 127 successful years in the SANFL."

From the AFL RECORD SEASON GUIDE 2008[/b] page 214

CLUB FORMED: Port Adelaide FC
formed May 13, 1870; joined SANFL
1877; AFL club incorporated 1996
JOINED AFL: 1997

From the Flat Earth Society

“The Flat Earth Society is a group of people from all walks of life who have proof that the Earth is, in fact, flat. We hope that the pages in this site guide you to believing the truth: The Earth is flat. Some members of the Flat Earth Society are scientists, teachers, and Camry Crow supporters.”
My goodness....you do waffle on.

NB .... Joined AFL ..... not continued on with/merged SANFL with AFL ...JOINED AFL ...started in the AFL ... AFL for Port began in 1997

Got it yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Port AFL is not Port SANFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back