[B]Word		Occurrences[/B]
119		2
choke		2
creed		2
dream final	3
we exist to win	2
humiliate	3
revolution	1
So you’re a bit light on “revolution” and you’ll have to hold back on “dream final” and “humiliate” for a few postings

St Kilda changed their colours because they had the same colours as the German flag.

I'd rather stick with the colours of a fascist state than be seen wearing teal.

im afraid you are wrong
Nazi Germany never used the colors of imperial Germany or the weimar republic,so those colors can be the coors of a fascist state

If the crowbots are such a wonderful club-
1- why was it necessary to amalmagate a number of clubs to form the crowbots,rather then allow 1 club like Norwood- as an example
enter the afl?
2- The only REASON the crowbots were formed was to prevent PAFC joining the afl:eek:

Good to see nothing has changed in the one and a half years I haven't visited this website.

Although, the complete ignorance and stupidity of some posters seems to have lifted another notch.

Can we just go by this and be happy? :thumbsu:

Personally, I don't say we've got 35 premierships, I just say we are the most successful football club in Australia. - Which is true.
FFS you just don't get it Premierships won in the SANFL don't count towards the AFL and Port Power in the AFL is not Port Adelaide in the SANFL,so get it in your thick head that Port Power has won only 1 flag.

None of this daily drivel changes the facts of the matter, in that the "Port Adelaide Football Club, est 1870" moved from the SANFL competition and started playing in the AFL in 1997.

but you didn't move, you've maintained a continuous presence in the SANFL all the while.

which is the real sticking point, and we all know you didn't create a new club in the sanfl. you changed the name of the existing club, and they carried on as before.

if you chose not to maintain that presence in the sanfl, then the argument would no doubt be different.

you opened a branch, you expanded into the afl. we can probably give you that.

We didn't choose, we were forced.

Added to that, we didn't muck around with the legalities because we didn't forsee that in 10 years, everyone would be questioning our heritage. It would have been easy to tie up all the legal technicalities, but it was easier to do it they way we did it. Why would the Port Adelaide Football Club have an identity crisis? This kind of bullshit wasn't being thought of in 1996. We were the proud and historic Port Adelaide Football Club, and our history was the entire reason we were joining the AFL. Why would anyone ever question it?

And the PAMFC were hardly a continuation without change in the AFL. The coach and the administration moved with the PAFC to the AFL. The PAMFC brought entirely new people in.

If you want to argue legal technicalities, you have missed the entire point on what a football club is. A football club isn't a legal identity. If that's the case, Collingwood was founded in 1983. I suppose a Crows supporter looking at a football club purely as a business is quite fitting really.

We've answered this kind of crap over and over again.

We didn't choose, we were forced.

irrelevant to the substance of the matter.

Added to that, we didn't muck around with the legalities because we didn't forsee that in 10 years, everyone would be questioning our heritage. It would have been easy to tie up all the legal technicalities, but it was easier to do it they way we did it. Why would the Port Adelaide Football Club have an identity crisis? This kind of bullshit wasn't being thought of in 1996. We were the proud and historic Port Adelaide Football Club, and our history was the entire reason we were joining the AFL. Why would anyone ever question it?

perhaps, but the motivations for why you didn't do something, have little to do with what was done.

And the PAMFC were hardly a continuation without change in the AFL. The coach and the administration moved with the PAFC to the AFL. The PAMFC brought entirely new people in.

entirely irrelevant. people come and go.

If you want to argue legal technicalities, you have missed the entire point on what a football club is. A football club isn't a legal identity. If that's the case, Collingwood was founded in 1983. I suppose a Crows supporter looking at a football club purely as a business is quite fitting really.

you can use the collingwood example only if you don't understand the difference. collingwood maintained a continuous presence through 1982-1984. just as the PAMFC maintained a continuous presence.

Collingwood didn't become a new club in 1983, and Port Adelaide Magpies did not become a new club with a name change.

We've answered this kind of crap over and over again.

actually the choir has sung to the choir over and over again. its like political dogma, one side has convinced themselves there is only one view, one voice, and anyone else must be marginalised. but truth is, your own party is split.

there are plenty of PAMFC people who dispute the Power version of events. its not one way traffic and an accepted or acknowledged fact.

until the power and the magpies reconcile themselves, how can you expect anyone else to agree?

PAMFC supporters aren't necessarily PAFC supporters, are they? The President(IIRC) of the PAMFC said in 2000, that the PAFC was the Port Adelaide that has existed since 1870 and that we were entitled to the history.

Ofcourse, then the PAMFC started falling on hard times, with most Port people following the Power (the real Port Adelaide) in preference to the little brother playing in the local league. They felt, just as the PAFC have felt this year, that the best way to re-establish themselves was to yell from the rooftops about their 130 odd year history.

PAMFC supporters who aren't PAFC supporters ofcourse want to claim the history. It's the most successful set of records for any footy club in Australia, so any club would want it.

I tell you what, if you can find me a PAFC official, who was around before the creation of the PAMFC and in 1996 or 1997 on the creation of the PAMFC, claimed that the PAMFC was the real Port Adelaide and the Power was a brand new club, i'll conceed my argument on this matter.

Collingwood didn't become a new club in 1983, and the PAFC didn't become a new club when they moved leagues.

The motivations for why we did it they way we did it in 1996 were ease. I hate to use a sekaj line, but you'd be a complete idiot to see it any other way, unless ofcourse, you were trolling. No one in 1996 thought there would be an issue with heritage or identity coming from anywhere. It was universally recognised by everyone in Australian football that the 126 year old Port Adelaide Football Club was joining the AFL. The legalities mattered to no one in 1996 because this simply wasn't an issue.

I'll ask you this. If we assume that you are correct and the PAFC is a new club unrelated to the PAFC that existed pre 1997...

Why would the men that run a football club risk everything, including their own livelihoods and the existance of the club itself, to have a brand new unrelated club formed in a higher league, that would steal the name of their club, and go on to claim their rightful history? Why would these men risk everything to create a club that had nothing to do with the club they represented and loved?

It simply doesn't make sense if you make that assumption. If the PAFC isn't the PAFC that existed pre 1997, why does it even exist? Why would a 126 year old club give away it's name, it's home ground and most of it's fanbase to a completely new and unrelated club?

this is the problem, your post is divided in two parts.

PAMFC supporters aren't necessarily PAFC supporters, are they? The President(IIRC) of the PAMFC said in 2000, that the PAFC was the Port Adelaide that has existed since 1870 and that we were entitled to the history.

Ofcourse, then the PAMFC started falling on hard times, with most Port people following the Power (the real Port Adelaide) in preference to the little brother playing in the local league. They felt, just as the PAFC have felt this year, that the best way to re-establish themselves was to yell from the rooftops about their 130 odd year history.

PAMFC supporters who aren't PAFC supporters ofcourse want to claim the history. It's the most successful set of records for any footy club in Australia, so any club would want it.

I tell you what, if you can find me a PAFC official, who was around before the creation of the PAMFC and in 1996 or 1997 on the creation of the PAMFC, claimed that the PAMFC was the real Port Adelaide and the Power was a brand new club, i'll conceed my argument on this matter.

this part, where you sing to the choir and can't see that anyone could have another view. you're just a catholic disparing the protestants.

Collingwood didn't become a new club in 1983, and the PAFC didn't become a new club when they moved leagues.

I'll separate this out for the whoosh... award.

The motivations for why we did it they way we did it in 1996 were ease. I hate to use a sekaj line, but you'd be a complete idiot to see it any other way, unless ofcourse, you were trolling. No one in 1996 thought there would be an issue with heritage or identity coming from anywhere. It was universally recognised by everyone in Australian football that the 126 year old Port Adelaide Football Club was joining the AFL. The legalities mattered to no one in 1996 because this simply wasn't an issue.

I'll ask you this. If we assume that you are correct and the PAFC is a new club unrelated to the PAFC that existed pre 1997...

Why would the men that run a football club risk everything, including their own livelihoods and the existance of the club itself, to have a brand new unrelated club formed in a higher league, that would steal the name of their club, and go on to claim their rightful history? Why would these men risk everything to create a club that had nothing to do with the club they represented and loved?

It simply doesn't make sense if you make that assumption. If the PAFC isn't the PAFC that existed pre 1997, why does it even exist? Why would a 126 year old club give away it's name, it's home ground and most of it's fanbase to a completely new and unrelated club?

and the second part, where you want to discuss motivations some more. motivations do not change the substance of anything.

motivations are why, not what.

you can discuss motivations all you want, but it doesn't help.

What a load of crap, Gary. You're like every other bruised, battered and psychologically scarred Crows regular obsessed with Port Adelaide around here.

You grew up seeing Port Adelaide repeatedly hand you your arse and it reamed your brain stem to the point where highlighting the club's failures on the national stage is more important to you than showing your love for the club you supposedly support.

So you're like some kind of demented superhero, keeping the world safe from big bad Port people from the sanctuary of your keyboard?

Nah, how about you let go? Honestly. Between you, Sekaj and Subaru you're like a trio of special people who take delight in smearing each other in your fecal matter whenever Port indirectly rattles your cage.

If not, I'm sure we all look forward to your next Paintbrush masterpiece.

Tantrum rating: 9/10 :thumbsu:

but you didn't move, you've maintained a continuous presence in the SANFL all the while.

which is the real sticking point, and we all know you didn't create a new club in the sanfl. you changed the name of the existing club, and they carried on as before.

if you chose not to maintain that presence in the sanfl, then the argument would no doubt be different.

you opened a branch, you expanded into the afl. we can probably give you that.
One can nit pick about the technicalities but the core truth is this from the official SANFL history:-

"In 1994 the Port Adelaide Football Club was selected for the second AFL Licence by the SANFL and subsequently joined the AFL competition in 1997 after 127 successful years in the SANFL."

If the original club had stayed in the SANFL why would it change it's name? Why did it not simply continue on as the PAFC and the AFL entity have a name change?

If the original entity had stayed in the SANFL how could the SANFL force it to set up a new headquarters and training base at Ethelton? If there was a new entity in the AFL why did it not start up at say, ooh I don't know, Football Park? There were a few years prior to AFL entry to set up a headquarters at Football Park but no, the original club stayed at it's original headquarters.

We supposedly have an inferiority complex and chip on the shoulder, yet we're arrogant? Regardless of your opinion, there is no "identity crisis" - only in your tiny mind. You're in denial. The club's identity has been clarified a number of times in this thread and others before. Your bias prevents you from seeing the facts that have been laid out before you.

Crows fans continue to distract from the issue at hand with repetitive comments about our performance in recent years and the club's marketing slant(s) since moving into the AFL, combined with lots of other attempts to twist facts and make garbled interpretations of history. It seems they have a chip on their shoulder and their view is blinkered by their sole objective to discredit the PAFC's history. None of this daily drivel changes the facts of the matter, in that the "Port Adelaide Football Club, est 1870" moved from the SANFL competition and started playing in the AFL in 1997.

Before moving to the AFL, the PAFC won 34 premierships. The success achieved in the club's history is a key reason that they won the licence bid. That success is relevant because it is part of the history of the club and anyone who follows the club is proud of that history. There's no valid reason to just ignore it now that very same club is playing in another league. There is nothing 'inferior' or 'arrogant' in supporters of the PAFC acknowledging these facts. Funnily enough, we'd hardly ever talk about it if it wasn't for the ridiculous attempts by Adelaide fans (and the occasional ignorant supporter from other clubs) to discount The PAFC has always been the PAFC and remains the PAFC now that the club is part of the AFL competition.

Hardly ever talk about ? No just plaster all that 1870 shit all over your website, even the Port forum has "est 1870" on it, no other club has done that. And I said "misplaced arrogance".....in other words, chest beating and "aren't we good" when you have no right ...the flags were the Magpies flags ...the history and success was in the SANFL. Like I said before, using your argument any of the VFL clubs could claim their U18 flags...same club but different competition. Except that they are not that stupid.

There are plenty of posts on here from other clubs supporters who disagree with you also, not just Adelaide fans. Fortunately for them , they live far enough away not to have this crap thrown at them constantly from Port supporters on a day to day basis. Look at the sig on Toots post...need I say more!

And you DO have an identity crisis.....otherwise threads like his wouldn't exist!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Errr ...for the money and the prestige of playing with the big boys maybe?:rolleyes:

Sorry Thunda, they knew they were on a good thing ...

And you DO have an identity crisis.....otherwise threads like his wouldn't exist!

… or some AFL followers have an ignorance crisis. And we are trying our best to cure the ignorant but “Flat Earthers” like yourself are impervious to deductive logic and reason.

From the SANFL website

"In 1994 the Port Adelaide Football Club was selected for the second AFL Licence by the SANFL and subsequently joined the AFL competition in 1997 after 127 successful years in the SANFL."

From the AFL RECORD SEASON GUIDE 2008[/B] page 214

CLUB FORMED: Port Adelaide FC
formed May 13, 1870; joined SANFL
1877; AFL club incorporated 1996
JOINED AFL: 1997

From the Flat Earth Society

“The Flat Earth Society is a group of people from all walks of life who have proof that the Earth is, in fact, flat. We hope that the pages in this site guide you to believing the truth: The Earth is flat. Some members of the Flat Earth Society are scientists, teachers, and Camry Crow supporters.”

… or some AFL followers have an ignorance crisis. And we are trying our best to cure the ignorant but “Flat Earthers” like yourself are impervious to deductive logic and reason.

From the SANFL website

From the AFL RECORD SEASON GUIDE 2008[/b] page 214

CLUB FORMED: Port Adelaide FC
formed May 13, 1870; joined SANFL
1877; AFL club incorporated 1996
JOINED AFL: 1997

From the Flat Earth Society

“The Flat Earth Society is a group of people from all walks of life who have proof that the Earth is, in fact, flat. We hope that the pages in this site guide you to believing the truth: The Earth is flat. Some members of the Flat Earth Society are scientists, teachers, and Camry Crow supporters.”

Link:confused:

Thought so.;)

Affiliated: SAFA 1877-1906; SAFL 1907-1926; SANFL 1927-1996; AFL 1997-present
Club Address: P.O. Box 379, Port Adelaide Football Club, South Australia 5015
Home Ground: AAMI Stadium (formerly known as Football Park), West Lakes, Adelaide
Formed: 1870
Colours: Black, white, silver and teal blue
Emblem: Power (formerly Magpies)

In a sense, the club's uniqueness (for which read 'unique level of success'), and the jealousy and loathing this has tended to generate, have been mutually reinforcing for well over a hundred years, but in order to perceive everything in context we need to go back to that initial meeting of Friday 13 May 1870.

http://www.fullpointsfooty.net/port_adelaide.htm

Port Adelaide Football Club, often referred to as simply Port or the Power, is an
Australian rules football club based in Adelaide, South Australia. The Port Adelaide Football Club is South Australia's most successful Australian Rules Football club. Since the club’s first game in 1870, the club has gone on to win an Australian record of 34 SANFL premierships including six in a row and achieve the honour of being Champions of Australia on four occasions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Adelaide_Football_Club

The Port Adelaide Football club is arguably the most successful senior football club, not only in South Australia but Australia-wide.
Since playing our first game on 24 May, 1870 the club has gone on to win an Australian record of 34 SANFL premierships including six in a row and achieve the honour of being Champions of Australia on four occasions.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/history/tabid/7945/default.aspx

The Port Adelaide Magpies Football Club was established in 1997 after the original Port Adelaide Football Club won a license to enter the AFL (Australian Football League). From that decision, two clubs were established, allowing one entity (PAFC Power) to play in the AFL competition, and another (PAMFC) to continue the Magpies presence in the SANFL. The PAMFC has won 2 premierships in that time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Adelaide_Magpies

gezz its funny how the world is so jealous of the greatest club in Australia. Port Adelaide in the AFL has been around since 1870, 35 premierships to its name, so suck on tht all u haters, ur all so jealous of us

After the 2007 disgrace , my Port Adelaide Magpies mate said the club and its supports have been trying to distance themselves from the AFL ringin's.. But they just want go away... It seems they are unable to build their own tradition , but need to hang their hat on that of a SANFL side. Sad and Pathetic.

After the 2007 disgrace , my Port Adelaide Magpies mate said the club and its supports have been trying to distance themselves from the AFL ringin's.. But they just want go away... It seems they are unable to build their own tradition , but need to hang their hat on that of a SANFL side. Sad and Pathetic.

LOL. That's classic.

Imagine being a SANFL Magpies supporters who wants nothing to do with the Power who have done nothing but disgrace your club but having to endure the pillaging of your history time and time again by the Power.

http://www.fullpointsfooty.net/port_adelaide.htmgezz its funny how the world is so jealous of the greatest club in Australia. Port Adelaide in the AFL has been around since 1870, 35 premierships to its name, so suck on tht all u haters, ur all so jealous of us

True, I'm completely green with jealousy and envy. I wish the Crows only had 1 AFL premiership like the Power instead of 2. Maybe then we would at least be equal to 'the greatest club in Australia'. :(

http://www.fullpointsfooty.net/port_adelaide.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Adelaide_Football_Club

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/history/tabid/7945/default.aspx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Adelaide_Magpies

gezz its funny how the world is so jealous of the greatest club in Australia. Port Adelaide in the AFL has been around since 1870, 35 premierships to its name, so suck on tht all u haters, ur all so jealous of us

first one i will pay. but you do know anyone can write and edit pages on wikipedia, hardly a reliable source, and you dont think the port adealide footy club is going to present an unbias point of view?

Thank you wambat, you are living proof that too many Whoppers has a detrimental effect on the neocortex.

So you Port Adelaide Magpies mate would rather associate himself with a club imposed on the SA public that finished 6th in a 9 team state league than with a club that finished 2nd in the premier national competition? I can see why you two are friends.

Thank you wambat, you are living proof that too many Whoppers has a detrimental effect on the neocortex.

So you Port Adelaide Magpies mate would rather associate himself with a club imposed on the SA public that finished 6th in a 9 team state league than with a club that finished 2nd in the premier national competition? I can see why you two are friends.

They're not friends D_One, they're life partners

Remove this Banner Ad

Port AFL is not Port SANFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back