Port Clash jumper in the GF

Remove this Banner Ad

If Collingwood wear the mostly-white guernsey from last week with white shorts, then there is no clash.

I doubt it'll be a problem because we've got a mountain to climb just to make the GF. But if Collingwood pull off a miracle tonight, then I wouldn't have any objections to us wearing the predominantly white guernsey. Personally, I'm not too fussed about the predominantly white versus predominantly black debate. Provided they're black and white stripes, I'm happy. I reckon most Collingwood supporters are the same.

I doubt it'll be a problem because we've got a mountain to climb just to make the GF. But if Collingwood pull off a miracle tonight, then I wouldn't have any objections to us wearing the predominantly white guernsey. Personally, I'm not too fussed about the predominantly white versus predominantly black debate. Provided they're black and white stripes, I'm happy. I reckon most Collingwood supporters are the same.

PortGeel.gif

Port's still getting screwed, because there's no clash with Geelong either.

PortGeel.gif

Port's still getting screwed, because there's no clash with Geelong either.

Agree with that Mero. This whole clash controversy causes enough bad blood as it is. Why do the AFL have to invent problems where there aren't clashes? Some of the 'supposed' clashes are just freaking absurd. Essendon and Richmond, for instance, do not and never have clashed. Yet they have to wear completely unnecessary clash guernseys. Some people were trying to tell me that Carlton and Collingwood (when we wear the predominantly black strip) also clash. And FMD if I can see how Collingwood and Port clash! (Or Port and Geelong, for that matter.)

PortColl.gif

Don't look all that simiar.
I just don't see the problem.

biggest match of the year.....millions of viewers in australia and around the world, and most players wear socks down so in the event of several pairs of legs hacking at a ball in front of goal, how would a goal umpire go about determining which foot got last purchase on the ball if they're all predominantly black?? collingwood should wear predominantly white socks if they're the light team as those above clash with port's.

apart from that, there isn't a problem there......but mero claims (for some ridiculous reason - and i don't doubt him) that collingwood WILL have 1st right to wear the predominantly black strip against Port, under all cirumstances. collingwood will prolly fight for this as well.....and we should let them....they're 0-2 in it. i'm sure port are more focused on a premiership win rather than the amount of teal in their match-day kit.

Exactly. It's just the AFL trying to, for whatever reason, push Port around. May even have been a result of a phone call from Jabba, who knows.
While there is some AFL nonsense, as you put it, here Port has to accept some large portion of responsibility too. In attempts to either talk up prior clashes and/or to needle Collingwood Mark Williams has said the jumpers clash and Collingwood should change.

While there is some AFL nonsense, as you put it, here Port has to accept some large portion of responsibility too. In attempts to either talk up prior clashes and/or to needle Collingwood Mark Williams has said the jumpers clash and Collingwood should change.

for Port Adelaide's designated home matches in the home and away season!! this is perfectly reasonable.

In Port's home matches, Port pay the bills, are entertaining and catering for Port's sponsors, etc.

The GF is neutral and such issues should be determined by the toss of a coin.

While there is some AFL nonsense, as you put it, here Port has to accept some large portion of responsibility too.

no we dont -

In attempts to either talk up prior clashes and/or to needle Collingwood Mark Williams has said the jumpers clash and Collingwood should change.

damn straight - there is a clash - ever since you adopted the predominantly black strip (& only after we joined the comp - remember?).

The only clash I see there is the fact that everyone's numbers would be black on white...

(I know it's a Port Magpies holdover that the Power use black numbers on white, but I think they'd look much better with white-and-teal numbers on black. It would definitely do away with any perceived clash here.)

So North wear Blue and White stripes, with a half White back, with White Shorts, and hooped socks, against Port wearing their Home uniform.

Yet Geelong who wear a darker shade of Blue, but the same combination for the rest (oh, and instead of vertical stripes, they have horizontal stripes) and yet Port has to wear a Clash jumper?

Someone in the AFL has nothing to do but create problems, then justify their time spent resolving them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Port Clash jumper in the GF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back