Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

There are some rule changes, as it's my baby and there has been some... disappointing opinions in here. The thread is for cheering on picks, you deathride or you have civil conversations in the non-freo thread.

**** Port, **** Pies, **** Saints!!!!

Last edited:
We are in complete control of our destiny. Win our own games and we’re not missing the 8
Sir Lachlan, this is the deathride thread of joyous schadenfreude, temporary draft hope and unrealistic predictions of doom for other teams.

As right as you are, please don't bring such rationality into our little thread of riding losing streaks by other teams.

Choo choo choooooo!!!!

Yeah I understand that, what I want us to do is break free from that group by playing consistently well.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I want that too

But looking around the competition, it isn't going to happen, we have already had a chance ourselves to consolidate this year and have failed to

Oh, don't get me wrong, I want that too

But looking around the competition, it isn't going to happen, we have already had a chance ourselves to consolidate this year and have failed to

What does the rest of the competition have to do with us playing consistently well? It’s the one thing solely in our control, no?

What does the rest of the competition have to do with us playing consistently well? It’s the one thing solely in our control, no?
We play the rest of the competition

They will be up and down just as we have proven to be up and down

If you look at our upcoming games, the majority are against those middle 10 teams, where anyone can win on their day

I'm basing this off of this season, ofc I would love for us to suddenly announce ourselves as a Sydney Tier team and win 90% of our games but this is a thread discussing our future draft picks so I feel I'm being a little more realistic in here.

Saints vs Port next week.
Cracking Up Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

We play the rest of the competition

They will be up and down just as we have proven to be up and down

If you look at our upcoming games, the majority are against those middle 10 teams, where anyone can win on their day

I'm basing this off of this season, ofc I would love for us to suddenly announce ourselves as a Sydney Tier team and win 90% of our games but this is a thread discussing our future draft picks so I feel I'm being a little more realistic in here.

Sure - but there’s a difference between

A) showing up and performing well, and still losing (Port, Carlton games) and
b) not turning up at all, (Derby, Dogs last week)

We need to eliminate b - It’s about watching one of our games and not thinking “wtf was that!?”, regardless of how up and down the opposition is. That’s entirely on us. Do that and the results will look after themselves

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure - but there’s a difference between

A) showing up and performing well, and still losing (Port, Carlton games) and
b) not turning up at all, (Derby, Dogs last week)

We need to eliminate b - It’s about watching one of our games and not thinking “wtf was that!?”, regardless of how up and down the opposition is. That’s entirely on us. Do that and the results will look after themselves
This is where we find out if we're really ready or not...next two games!
We need to convincingly best the Suns...
Then upset the would be premiers, who must, by now, be taking a few sips of the bath water?
The boys have got the message, "we haven't won anything yet", thats what we want to see.
But It is hard to get the message "Don't get ahead of yourself" when you've never been there!
Yokai!

Port’s is a first rounder, St Kilda’s a second rounder.

Pretty obvious who we want to lose imo.

That doesn’t even take into consideration Port losing helping our ladder position which isn’t really what this thread is about but still imo relevant.

That doesn’t even take into consideration Port losing helping our ladder position which isn’t really what this thread is about but still imo relevant.

I'm not sure it makes much material difference but it will feel better to have Port lower than Freo on the ladder.

Really think Port traded quite a lot for three players (and a back up) that are no better than B Graders. I might be proven to be harsh on Ratugolea but for the rest of them I don’t think that’s debatable. I be pissed off if we traded that much for those players and as a Freo fan I’ve seen some pretty bad trades.

It's acceptable to have other reasons in here for wanting a team to lose, as long as them doing so doesn't contravene the prime directive.

Really think Port traded quite a lot for three players (and a back up) that are no better than B Graders. I might be proven to be harsh on Ratugolea but for the rest of them I don’t think that’s debatable. I be pissed off if we traded that much for those players and as a Freo fan I’ve seen some pretty bad trades.
100%

Ken has them wound up so tight none of them even care. As long as he goes they are happy. Where as I was distraught last year when I thought we'd given up a top 3 pick. At least that was for Jackson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

Back