Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

There are some rule changes, as it's my baby and there has been some... disappointing opinions in here. The thread is for cheering on picks, you deathride or you have civil conversations in the non-freo thread.

**** Port, **** Pies, **** Saints!!!!

Last edited:
for Carlton maybe, we are 2.5 games behind still

and have some tough games in our last 5 weeks
Top spot is as on offer for Carlton as it is for us: given the percentage gap btwn Carlton and Sydney, both us and Carlton need to win 3 more games than Sydney for it.

(For the record I don't think it's on offer for either club really)

Carlton can lose against non-death ride teams like they did against GWS, all about them beating Pies and Power.
This is the correct way to post in here.
Personally I think its great that Saints won!! Its really bringing Sydney back to Earth and looking like they are beatable!!
Not in this thread its not.

Take a look at this. There is nothing here to say Zurhar is and upgrade on Banfield, and we wouldn't play both

View attachment 2041942
ah yes, the great comparison of height, weight, draft pick and games played in current year.

Hmm Zurhaar is 3kgs heavier but Banfield has that extra game this year, tough to split them

Edit: Just realised Banfield is 3 months older, thats a massive advantage, Mum would've let him ride in the front seat over Zurhaar

I don’t think he’d necessarily be competiting with Banners, whose been playing more if a wing role, hasn’t he? He’d add to the midfield-forward rotation.
i think hes more the high half forward/whatever is needed role. the high half forward role requires a tonne of running. so dunno if zurhar is the comparison. more likely its sturt.

Honestly I’ve read or heard nothing in relation to Freo being interested in Zurhaar. We have existing players we need to re-sign. Sturt deserves to be re contracted and is playing not 100% but still playing his role.

We need smaller attacking forwards. If they can also run through the midfield then that is advantageous. Baker fills that role as does Warner. We also need to draft a small forward.

If Baker isn’t too high a cost then I’m all for it. Seems Walls knows what he is doing and we presented Baker with a 5 year contract. Same goes for WC and Richmond.

Not interested in Zurhaar.

Last edited:
I knew there was a double letter somewhere - I got the wrong one. I corrected now so hopefully you can return from orbit.
Now you’ve just ruined my joke.

Schitts Creek Party GIF by CBC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ah yes, the great comparison of height, weight, draft pick and games played in current year.

Hmm Zurhaar is 3kgs heavier but Banfield has that extra game this year, tough to split them

Edit: Just realised Banfield is 3 months older, thats a massive advantage, Mum would've let him ride in the front seat over Zurhaar
More reliable than ye olde 'eye test' and highlight videos.

I'm all for trading in player who will have an impact, and I'm not seeing the point of difference Zurhar brings.

More reliable than ye olde 'eye test' and highlight videos.

I'm all for trading in player who will have an impact, and I'm not seeing the point of difference Zurhar brings.
I think the point was your post didn't include any of football statistics that might have illuminated differences (or lack of) in their games and impact, it was just the general attributes which aren't that useful.

I think the point was your post didn't include any of football statistics that might have illuminated differences (or lack of) in their games and impact, it was just the general attributes which aren't that useful.
Fair enough. Actually the entire link goes through their stats for this season and they are as close as you may see for almost any 2 players.

I won't post again because most are aware of footywire, but the point is that if we get Zurhar, Banfield would be redundant without Zurhar being a significant upgrade.

Fair enough. Actually the entire link goes through their stats for this season and they are as close as you may see for almost any 2 players.

I won't post again because most are aware of footywire, but the point is that if we get Zurhar, Banfield would be redundant without Zurhar being a significant upgrade.
I suspected that was the case given your previous level headness, it just wasn't obvious and I never got around to checking!

Fremantle averages +14% more inside fifties over North with Fremantle averaging a score 49.9% of the time to North's 42.5%.

I would expect our forwards to perform better statistically than North forwards, there's approximately 33.8% higher impact at Freo.

You can make the case that players who perform similar or better at North than the exact same role at Fremantle have a higher impact should they be playing ahead of Fremantle's midfield.

Little update on the journey of our picks.
-Still waiting for the dream death ride round when all 3 teams drop a spot on the ladder - however the key combination is naturally the Port/Pies combo.
-Interesting that for how close the place was to being burnt to the ground, Port haven't had a single round outside of the 8.

Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 2.06.03 PM.png

Last edited:
Fremantle averages +14% more inside fifties over North with Fremantle averaging a score 49.9% of the time to North's 42.5%.

I would expect our forwards to perform better statistically than North forwards, there's approximately 33.8% higher impact at Freo.

You can make the case that players who perform similar or better at North than the exact same role at Fremantle have a higher impact should they be playing ahead of Fremantle's midfield.
so what you're saying is Zuhaar would dramatically improve in a Freo-based system as it currently stands over North's, therefore if we traded him in, he'd likely be a much better player/prospect..?! I mean, stands to reason....you've got the talent, now you're getting better or more potent looks. I like Zuhaar, I'd be interested - but so much talk of Warner/Bolton - if in any realm that's at all possible I'm all in, irrespective of what realistic outcomes draft/trade throws up. I'm not sure there's currency left over to secure a Zuhaar, and for whatever reason I just don't care for Liam Baker. Of course this excludes a surprise or bombshell trade request or situation from Freo'e end - hopefully not!

Warner/Bolton. Dream scenario.....even more fantastical outcome (for me).

so what you're saying is Zuhaar would dramatically improve in a Freo-based system as it currently stands over North's, therefore if we traded him in, he'd likely be a much better player/prospect..?! I mean, stands to reason....you've got the talent, now you're getting better or more potent looks. I like Zuhaar, I'd be interested - but so much talk of Warner/Bolton - if in any realm that's at all possible I'm all in, irrespective of what realistic outcomes draft/trade throws up. I'm not sure there's currency left over to secure a Zuhaar, and for whatever reason I just don't care for Liam Baker. Of course this excludes a surprise or bombshell trade request or situation from Freo'e end - hopefully not!

Warner/Bolton. Dream scenario.....even more fantastical outcome (for me).

Well Zurhaar is a free agent so it's an issue of money and years.

Although I'd say where Banfield's got it all over Zurhaar (salt of the earth professionalism and team spirit), you ain't finding on Footywire.

Little update on the journey of our picks.
-Still waiting for the dream death ride round when all 3 teams drop a spot on the ladder - however the key combination is naturally the Port/Pies combo.
-Interesting that for how close the place was to being burnt to the ground, Port haven't had a single round outside of the 8.

View attachment 2043366

If you don’t mind, could the first column be anticipated ladder position, I.e. based on ladder position from 2023. So Collingwood is pick 18 etc etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

Back