Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

There are some rule changes, as it's my baby and there has been some... disappointing opinions in here. The thread is for cheering on picks, you deathride or you have civil conversations in the non-freo thread.

**** Port, **** Pies, **** Saints!!!!

Last edited:
Interesting that Collingwood sit above the Hawks on the ladder, even though Hawthorn have won more games. Games won should preceed percentage surely.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's going to be fixed this coming weekend when they play each other.

Interesting that Collingwood sit above the Hawks on the ladder, even though Hawthorn have won more games. Games won should preceed percentage surely.

It's unusual for sure but premiership points are allocated for a reason. The AFL has determined that a draw is half as good as a win. That isn't the case in other sports.

I think the system is fine unless you believe a draw should be worth less tbh.

It's unusual for sure but premiership points are allocated for a reason. The AFL has determined that a draw is half as good as a win. That isn't the case in other sports.

I think the system is fine unless you believe a draw should be worth less tbh.

Don’t disagree, but probably should be premiership points, then wins, then percentage! And just remember what thread we are in!

Don’t disagree, but probably should be premiership points, then wins, then percentage! And just remember what thread we are in!

Bored Grim Reaper GIF by Dark Igloo

The midfield trio will carry them. Jones isn't good anyway.

Unfortunately you can pencil in a Richmond loss against anyone at this stage.

It’s not like we were traded the first rounders from North Melbourne and West Coast. It was always going to be an up and down ride if it went well - let’s just ride it.

I naturally (not purposefully fudging results) can have Pies and Port handing over pick 6 and 7 while still winning two more games each. Footy might not be, but the picks are coming home!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you read about their terrible draft results I can understand their push to trade for ready made players.

For us though it is much more cautionary. We lack the 'destination club's monika and the f/s freebies. We need to be successful in the draft and seem to have learnt some lessons about trading for a saviour.

Very interested to see how the Warner situation plays out, but the alternative of using the draft hand to address some issues is equally compelling.

When you read about their terrible draft results I can understand their push to trade for ready made players.

For us though it is much more cautionary. We lack the 'destination club's monika and the f/s freebies. We need to be successful in the draft and seem to have learnt some lessons about trading for a saviour.

Very interested to see how the Warner situation plays out, but the alternative of using the draft hand to address some issues is equally compelling.
many draftees especially taken at the top end play straight away in AFL and make decent impact...So not a bad outcome if we do not get Warner

Last edited:

Yep, by all reports this is firming as a very good and even draft, would love to keep at least 2 top 25 picks to address needs

Cross post from the media and miscellaneous thread:

Stuff you already know but it still feels nice to read it.

Hehehebehaa haa
View attachment 2049840

Kane at the time.
View attachment 2049849

Big thanks to Stevie on twitter. @FootyChatterWA

David Walls may have also played a part.
We all knew he had a crack & I would have loved for him to stay, but he was not irreplaceable in our team as I felt we played 1 too many little fellas in our forward half anyway.
He was never the difference between us being any good or being crap.

I've always thought Schultz's special quality was his dog hungriness. I don't blame him being pissed off after being moved to the rookie list. One wonders if he is that dog hungry to prove himself now he has four years on decent money

Nothing they said about us losing Shultz was untrue at the time. What should be talked about now is the 'genius' that talked them into giving up their future 1st knowing what the 'stats' said about his importance to us and not giving a crap about how that would translate to the Pies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

Back