Port Power just pathetic

Remove this Banner Ad

kirky said:
Lets see - Fremantle, Adelaide, Richmond and now West Coast - thats four and when your side loses, they don't loss by a small amount they throw the towel in and do it in style. This would have to be the worst performance by a reigning premier. When was the last time a reigning premier lost by nearly 20 goals. The Power won't recover from this.

15 August 1999.

Sydney 25.9 (159)
Adelaide 5.11 (41)

Margin of 118 points.

Seeing as you asked ... ;)

jmorg1 said:
That was the whole point moron. You were the one who decided to post about the Crows having to play in Subiaco in round 22, a subject which has no relevance to Port Power but yet one which you obviously see as a positive.

Which goes to show the sorry state that Port Power and their supporters are presently in having been reduced to wishing misfortune on others because their own team has been exposed as the pathetic side that they are.

What is your problem Jmorg?

You have a problem because a Port supporter is discussing the crows.

Your the one who started a thread on another club yourself.

As I said you cannot defend the loss today, or much of the form of the team this year. Why not just concentrate on your own side. They are playing well, your looking good for a finals spot, why not take pleasure in your own team. I just dont know why you would bother making this topic, maybe it is wishful thinking from me that topics on this site have relevance.

I just think too many people think their experts and or heroes because a side they dislike is struggling.

kirky said:
Sorry, forgot him but that makes 3 players and you got walloped by 117 points - ah I don't think injuries are the cause of your problems. Look deeper.
Did I say they were? You said you were happy to be corrected, I corrected you.

What_the said:
WTF!!!!! Granted today was pretty bad, hell it was almost as bad as your mob against the Lions last year but the above comment is more of a joke.

Yes bad result that last year however at least it was against the reigning premier on their home turf with ours an inexperienced side (about 8 were missing that night).

I don't mind going to Perth last round given we will in all probablity still have made the 8 whereas you lot will be playing Freo for pride and priority picks. :D

Ford Fairlane said:
15 August 1999.

Sydney 25.9 (159)
Adelaide 5.11 (41)

Margin of 118 points.

Haha, you beat me to it. When I read that one from a Crows supporter I just hung my head. At least it gets the monkey off our back a bit. :p

jmorg1 said:
No problem. Just having some fun firing back at snotty big mouthed Port Power supporters and all their laughable claims of greatness.

Thats the same people who said they would dominate the competition. Now which Port was that today - the one with the 100 or so years of tradition or the other one thats only been in the competition for 9 years!!!!!

kirky said:
Yes bad result that last year however at least it was against the reigning premier on their home turf with ours an inexperienced side (about 8 were missing that night).
speaking of excuses :rolleyes: .

kirky said:
Thats the same people who said they would dominate the competition. Now which Port was that today - the one with the 100 or so years of tradition or the other one thats only been in the competition for 9 years!!!!!

One of whom is captain ebert, the Port Power supporter who was bragging about how Port Power win all the close games but deliberately throw away games they look like losing by big margins to 'save energy for the next week'. I guess they've taken that attitude to a whole new level by applying the 'save energy' principle for the whole season!

what the hell has happened to port? they are a shell of the team that won the premiership last year. unbelievable.

and it's good to see that the port / crows fans are just as petty as the eagles / dockers fans.

kirky said:
Good, at least you weren't the first.
Perhaps you should try being an expert on your own team before you try to be one on ours.
Probably the sort of stat you should check before you use it as an example of being pathetic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ford Fairlane said:
15 August 1999.

Sydney 25.9 (159)
Adelaide 5.11 (41)

Margin of 118 points.

North in the finals in 2000 were worse against Essendon, so unforunately the crows weren't the last.

jmorg1 said:
I guess they've taken that attitude to a whole new level by applying the 'save energy' principle for the whole season!
Move on Jmorg you and your fellow Crows buddies have already proven that you know nothing about football. Oh yeah and we just don't care what you think.

What_the said:
Move on Jmorg you and your fellow Crows buddies have already proven that you know nothing about football. Oh yeah and we just don't care what you think.

Hey I'm not the one who came up with the laughable 'save energy' excuse. Your mate captain ebert did. If you think that proves he knows 'nothing about football', maybe you should take it up with him.

noodle said:
and it's good to see that the port / crows fans are just as petty as the eagles / dockers fans.
Friendly banter is always fun. It's particularly handy that they seem to know very little about their own team and then pretend to know about ours.

I went to the game today and Port were really pathetic, they pretty much gave up after the 20-minute mark of the 2nd quarter. They were outran and outplayed. One word described their performance: Fitness.

Port01 said:
North in the finals in 2000 were worse against Essendon, so unforunately the crows weren't the last.

125 points! Youch! Forgot about that one. Dons kicked 31 big ones!

Still at least the Roos made the finals, the crows finished 13th in 1999 and copped a few donkey rootings on the way - seeing as the topic seemed to be pathetic premiership defences. Mind u, we're not exactly distinguishing ourselves either ...

Ljp86 said:
I went to the game today and Port were really pathetic, they pretty much gave up after the 20-minute mark of the 2nd quarter. They were outran and outplayed. One word described their performance: Fitness.

I think 'Soft' is a more appropriate description.

So much for the team that 'exists to win premierships'.

Paralowiepower said:
:rolleyes:
Well done moron, how does our performance relate to your team?

jmorg1 think before you post!

natural selection does not afford you the right to call another a moron.
that's like Grant Thomas suggesting Leigh Matthews can't coach.

clearly we are going to enjoy this weekend, just deal with it, and wait for next week.

Crow-mosone said:
clearly we are going to enjoy this weekend, just deal with it, and wait for next week.

oh yeah, St Kilda in Tassie, that just can't come soon enough ... :eek:

Port now have the worst percentage in the competition and need to win at least 7 more games (probably 8) out of 12 remaining, just to make the finals.
They only have 6 more games at AAMI Stadium, one of them is against Adelaide and the rest are interstate
3 of those games are definitely winnable against Collingwood, Carlton & Brisbane, but they would definitely want to start a winning streak no later than after StKilda next weekend

St Kilda vs Port Adelaide Aurora Stadium
Port Adelaide vs Western Bulldogs AAMI Stadium
Port Adelaide vs Hawthorn AAMI Stadium
Collingwood vs Port Adelaide Telstra Dome
Port Adelaide vs Melbourne AAMI Stadium
Geelong vs Port Adelaide Skilled Stadium
Port Adelaide vs Richmond AAMI Stadium
Kangaroos vs Port Adelaide Manuka Oval
Carlton vs Port Adelaide M.C.G.
Port Adelaide vs Adelaide AAMI Stadium
Brisbane Lions vs Port Adelaide Gabba
Port Adelaide vs Fremantle AAMI Stadium