Game Day Port v Gold Coast at People First Stadium Gold Coast, Round 18 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
4th or 9th at the end of this game?

Ken doing the happy dance or the sad shuffle? Smiling either way.

I like to see Port win so hopefully we keep our final 4 chances alive.

Last 3 games, Port by 33 (H), 2 (H), 50 (A)

I think the Suns have too much pace for us to deal with, we're going to have to rely on the lack of polish from the younger players to lead to mistakes where we can capitalise.

The Suns are favorites after losing to Norf last week.
I don’t care if you play it on the Moon, lose to Norf and you’re shyt.
This is a big game for our season, normally doesn’t turn out well and with MG’s stupid act it won’t be easy.
Still think we can win this if we bring the same intensity as last week.
Port by 25.

Going to be very tough. Going into the game with 1 player down (Dixon is as useless as **** on a bull) and a far inferior coach.

If we win, it's due to sheer talent of the usual 3 alone (Butters, JHF, Rozzee).

Even us that despise Ken are back to wanting us to win because of recent wins and other teams around as faltering, meaning we may sneak a top 4 (by the end of this week at least anyway). Unfortunately it's apart of that cycle where we are sucked back in to somewhat believing (despite Donut), but these are also the games where we simply capitulate.

A GC win of 25+ wouldn't surprise me.

Going to be very tough. Going into the game with 1 player down (Dixon is as useless as **** on a bull) and a far inferior coach.

If we win, it's due to sheer talent of the usual 3 alone (Butters, JHF, Rozzee).

Even us that despise Ken are back to wanting us to win because of recent wins and other teams around as faltering, meaning we may sneak a top 4 (by the end of this week at least anyway). Unfortunately it's apart of that cycle where we are sucked back in to somewhat believing (despite Donut), but these are also the games where we simply capitulate.

A GC win of 25+ wouldn't surprise me.
Don't think it's these games where we capitulate it's the games where all eyes are on us and a bit of pressure is put on. Hinkley seems to get the boys to win the games they should then absolutely s*** the bed when there's a bit of heat on. Should be beating Gold Coast regardless of where the match is played

MG’s stupid act it won’t be easy.
This really hasn’t been talked about much and it really sheds a bad light on Mitch. Bloody stupid act that deprives the team of his goal craft and brings Charlie back into the team. As the song says “always look on the bright side of life” as we should easily account for the Suns, a side that last week was beaten by North Melbourne whilst we thrashed the Bullies and guess what they did yesterday?
A lazy 20 to 30 point win and a place in the 4.
Go Port!

Last edited:
Dimma loaded up 22 pineapples in his Woolies trolley in preparation for last Monday’s recovery session.

The Suns aren’t losing this one at home.

Hinkley only has his record against the likes of GC to secure his position. A loss here turns up the heat far more than a loss last week would have.

There'd be a lot of nervous energy about the place this morning. I think we get it done and kick the can down the road for another week.

Port by 16.

This will be the first time I’ve been to the footy to watch Port play in 5 years.
It’s a hollow vibe.
Yeah, earlier on in the year I was keen to head down to this one from the Sunshine Coast. But started to lose interest as the season went on. Going fishing today instead, hopefully get back in time for the start but not too fussed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I prefer to look at it as primed for 4th.

I honestly don’t think our run home is that bad either, the side you said we had zero chance of beating in Carlton aren’t even that good and they’re still second on the ladder. But we’ve got a chance to go equal with them on points tomorrow.

I’ll prob be the disappointed one in the end tomorrow. But I’m not prepared to write this year off yet, given the quality of opposition you would struggle to argue are better than us bar Sydney.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I wish I could be that positive, but knowing that we are 100% certain to fail. I personally wont be opening myself up again to that again. When change comes and we're once again having a crack, I'll invest again.

May as well win and look forward to the heartbreak that the end of the season is going to bring.

Sweet vs Moyle is pivotal.

Moyle can play and Sweet has to get on top there. Moyles ace in the hole is contested possession he does put in. I’d fly Dante up there and put him on the bench where Jordon can see him

Expecting nothing from Dixon happy to be proven wrong.

Rozee has a day out 30 possessions and 3 goals.

Marshall picks up the slack with Mitch out kicks 5.

I feel that if you stick with the consistent themes our games tend to follow, that you'd be hard pressed to justify how we will lose. Though they're 8-0 at home this year, we've won 14 in a row against them, so one of the streaks has to end.

If we win, I don't think it means anything. We're still on track for 12-14 wins at best. Which at best puts us in the no mans land of 5-8, which is a waste of time under the current regime, and we'd likely lose our first final.

If we lose, I think the season is basically cooked and 11-13 wins would look like a maximum. Realistically we probably miss finals and the sack Hinkley train, for the good of our entire club feels like it's start to build undeniable momentum.

For those reasons, I hope GC win today, but I suspect we might.

It's about that time of the year when the Suns fall in a heap. Dimma can only do much, and their DNA hasn't been altered yet. They know they aren't playing finals and have one eye on holidays.
Expect Port to win this one by a couple of goals.

Win this and we’re gonna be 4th 😂😂😂😂😂

Where will the Hinkley haters be then? 😂😂

Right here!
I’m along for the ride….

Loop Train GIF

Gonna hit a few obstacles on the way to finals….

train GIF

Hoping we have enough steam to make finals…

steam train GIF

or the seemingly inevitable finals conclusion like seasons past….

trainwreck GIF

train GIF

Whilst Ken somehow miraculously survives for another year…

train GIF

Power by 12.

It's about that time of the year when the Suns fall in a heap. Dimma can only do much, and their DNA hasn't been altered yet. They know they aren't playing finals and have one eye on holidays.
Expect Port to win this one by a couple of goals.
This is what I think too.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back