Review Port v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s Peter on Ozempic.

With some meat on his bones the sky’s the limit imo.

If he had Peter's flat out pace, he would be a skinny Peter Matera.

I just feel privileged that no Richmond platers felt the need to shush the crowd last night, it's so cringe.
The crowd didnt need shushing, they were already asleep.

Its not me thats said it because I dont have inside knowledge, but Ive read a few people on here say that he came to Port on the condition that he play as a forward and never a first ruck. Thats why I said "if its true", because I dont know.

There have been seasons where we have had nobody we were willing to play in ruck, yet still refused to play him as our first option, and supposedly this was the reason. So either there is something to the rumour or our coaches are idiots. I lean towards a bit of both.

You put your faith in what you read on here? Surely there is something to be learned it that?

The character assassination of Charlie Dixon by some so called Port supporters is as astounding as it is incredible. Overall I think Charlie has been a good pick up, he has filled a role as a go to forward and despite what some would have you believe he has also filled the role as a stop gap ruckman. He his very near or even at the end of his career with us and has given good service. Apparently Charlie expressed an opinion about Port supporters and some of the sooks among us have taken exception to it. That has meant it is open season on Charlie by a small number of supporters. I am not suggesting you are in that number but they exist.

You swap Marshall for Lord (played further up the ground as a distributing CHF), Williams for Farrell, Esava for Jones and all of sudden we look much faster and more dynamic. Bergman’s sudden rise again has made Esava’s spot redundant for now.

Yep I think with those changes you have nailed it. I also think that Logan Evans is a definite improvement on Ryan Burton.

Mind you no one quite knows with Ken, next week we are likely to get Esava, Lord, McEntee and Burton in the side.

Based on what evidence?

When he told frustrated supporters “to get behind us or p¡ss off” between the Russell Ebert Tribute Game and the Jordan Dawson after-siren winner?

The time he said disgruntled supporters’ opinions were “worth 2 cents”?

I believe there was a similar example recently amidst the booing and Port Road signs but I try to avoid anything Port employees say these days.

Are we allowed to list Todd Marshall, Sam Powell-Pepper, Josh Sinn, Lachie Jones, Ryan Burton and Jeremy Finlayson ?
Of those, I’d have SPP (for DBJ), Jones (for Ratugolea), Marshall (for Lord) plus Farrell (for Williams), in our best 22. Sinn hasn’t shown enough yet, and Burton’s been comfortably passed by others.

You put your faith in what you read on here? Surely there is something to be learned it that?

The character assassination of Charlie Dixon by some so called Port supporters is as astounding as it is incredible. Overall I think Charlie has been a good pick up, he has filled a role as a go to forward and despite what some would have you believe he has also filled the role as a stop gap ruckman. He his very near or even at the end of his career with us and has given good service. Apparently Charlie expressed an opinion about Port supporters and some of the sooks among us have taken exception to it. That has meant it is open season on Charlie by a small number of supporters. I am not suggesting you are in that number but they exist.
At the end of the day respect is a two way street. If you're gonna take potshots at fans, many of whom pay your salary through memberships, tickets and merchandise, then you can't cry when you get it back.

Any comments about the coaching and gameplan are well deserved. We've failed with the same approach for 12 years now. So if you want to respond to those calling that out, do it by applying yourself, and delivering a premiership. Having a little sooky tantrum saying the fans don't know anything or aren't real fans does nothing other than embarrass him because the results prove him wrong over and over again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was 2015 :oops:. He has played in ruck countless times since then.

And there were plenty here that criticised Hinkley whenever he played Dixon in ruck because of his alleged "glass ankles".
He's never taken on a #1 ruck role in the way that Trengove or Finlayson did. I'd argue there have been fairly few games when he has actually taken the spot on as our first choice, and for a bloke that's as great a ruck as he is, especially when our forward line often functions much better without him, I find that highly suspicious.

The question as to whether this is on Charlie, Ken or one of our midfield coaches I don't know, but I have read it multiple times on here.

Sure. Just don’t overrate his career either, please. The man is not above criticism. He’ll go down as a player who filled a position in a side that had lots of talent but couldn’t deliver in big matches, including home finals. With the exception of the 2017 EF, he has not delivered in those finals himself, and even in 2017 his errant goal-kicking didn’t help us. He’s taken more than one pot shot at supporters. Don’t expect everyone to worship or glorify his service to us. The “so-called” supporter spiel you put out is extremely condescending and as selective a cheap shot as what you are criticising in your post. Those supporters who don’t have much time for Dixon are no less true than he has been as a well paid Port Adelaide player.

Seriously, I re-watched the game again and why is it that we keep pressing up so highly to the point where the opposition scores very easily once they cut through it? This has been an issue all year and not addressed whatsoever.

Why is that no one questions the coaches as to why the defenders keep pressing up so highly?

Also can we just get rid of Ratugolea already? He cannot football to save his life. His loopy kicks down back has cost quite a few goals already and his lack of footy smarts means he cannot play as an effective defender. The defence looks miles better with Bergman playing as the third tall/medium defender interceptor. Add Jones and all of a sudden you have a much quicker defensive team.

Listening to Schofield press conference, Carr may want to change the set ups but is being dictated who must play in there by Doughnuts

Not sure how Schofield’s comments are relevant (and apologies for not seeking out the content/context).

Paranoia/PTSD on my part maybe from his alleged past altercations with ACs afflicted with delusions of building a winning culture but isn’t this just the perfect time of the season for donuts to be antagonising his only immediate replacement at the club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I the only one who thinks that Zak Butters had an off night last night? He got the footy often enough but didn't get full value for it. He tried to do too much and had to hurry his work. That may be the fault of those around him but I thought he made errors.

I think Butters has had a few down games lately.

Sometimes doing the basic things are better. Think he occasionally tries to be too cute.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Port v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back