Game Day Port v the team that gave the Crows Darcy Fogarty for Charlie Cameron lol

Remove this Banner Ad

We can win this.

Brisbane aren’t as good as they were in 2019-20 and we got plenty of experience playing at the GABBA last year.
People keep saying this like it's a fact, but it's really not. There is no evidence to say this is the case just yet.

They had a slow start and were caught out by a Sydney team that was rolling and also beat Richmond in Melbourne. Since then the should've beaten the Cats at Kardinia if not for an umpiring mistake, and the only other blip they've had was against the top of the table Dogs away from home.

Anyone that thinks they aren't still a huge top 4 threat and as good as last year is kidding themselves.

The good part is, we might be significantly better than last year, based on early season results, so hopefully tonight we prove it. Lose though and there's definitely question marks over our potential to win the flag.

I've tipped Brisbane, but hoping we can cause an upset.

Last edited:

The main reason I want to win today is so TeeKray's stat about Port having beaten every other team at least once since we last beat the SUNS and the SUNS having beaten every other team at least once since they last beat Port comes to fruition. That would be amazing.
It takes a streamlined, interrogative mind to tease out that sort of minutae.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People keep saying this like it's a fact, but it's really not. There is no evidence to say this is the case just yet.

They had a slow start and were caught out by a Sydney team that was rolling and also beat Richmond in Melbourne. Since then the should've beaten the Cats at Kardinia if not for an umpiring mistake, and the only other blip they've had was against the top of the table Dogs away from home.

Anyone that thinks they aren't still a huge top 4 threat and as good as last year is kidding themselves.

The good part is, we might be significantly better than last year, based on early season results, so hopefully tonight we prove it. Lose though and there's definitely question marks over our potential to win the flag.

I've tipped Brisbane, but hoping we can cause an upset.
Thats a very fair statement. Although I feel we are slightly off in a few areas with a small sample size. Injuries are coming back with vengeance like we have had some kinda run of good luck with them.

Tonight should be a pearler. 2 genuine contenders going toe to toe.

Yep. The AFL decided midweek that we would fly in on the day of the game, and not the day before as was already arranged. Because reasons.
To be fair, they probably didn't have Collingwood's permission

Boak and Neale out will test midfield depth on either side. I think they’re vulnerable in the ruck as I don’t rate Big O that highly but you need Dixon to beat Andrews to help kick a winning score in greasy conditions.
I think you’ll win by 13 points.

Our last good win in the rain was I think 2019 at Optus against WCE. We had all our players firing that night, so let’s make tonight a repeat of that game against the Eagles.
Go Port - margin? A lazy 27 points - of course our way!

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Port v the team that gave the Crows Darcy Fogarty for Charlie Cameron lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back