• Port

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geelong

• Draw

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The worst of the 3 umpires was the South Aussie., Michael Avon. Even the Cats supporters sitting around us were bewildered by his decisions-and his report of Motlop was an absolute joke. ....
Avon was pretty ordinary but IMHO #1 Chris Donlon was by far the worse. That guy is simply not up to AFL standard. Two very dubious free kicks he gave early on in the game gifted Geelong goals.

Good to see the MRP had the sense to withdraw the charge against Motlop.

.... I agree the umpires were terrible but Pettigrew looked like he did throw it. ....
From where I sat it looked as if he may have got a hand to it or just missed. I thought the replays on the big screen were inconclusive. Would have been called play on 8 times out of 10. At about the 8 minute mark of the second quarter a Geelong player (can't recall who) passed the ball rugby style on the members' wing. The crowd roared "throw" but the umpire called play on and the play resulted in another Geelong goal :mad:

The poor standard of umpiring spoils the game to a degree but we were still in a position to win and should have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Port vs. Geelong @ AAMI Stadium Game Thread

Back