Preview Changes & Preview Thread for QF2, 2024 vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's time for Ryan Burton to stand up and get his shit together he could be a hero in a few weeks if he does.

We’ve won finals on the back of the likes of Pittard, Fridge O’shea and Bonner as half back flankers disposing of the ball. If we can do that we can do anything
Fridge would come in handy right about now. Loved a final.

Going against the grain here but if Marshall is fit enough to be an emergency then he should be playing. We can't be serious playing a forward line with the rotting corpse of Dixon with the speed and turning circle of the Queen Mary, a rookie in Ratugolea who if he does clunk marks can't kick goals and a combo of 2 Geelong rejects and a poor mans Jake Neade who are picked for "pressure acts" rather than scoring ability.
Unless JHF kicks a bakers dozen I don't see where the winning score is coming from.
agree - hoping for a late change

Feeling a little anxious. Don't know what to expect. How big of a loss will Houston and Farrell be in the finals? Can the forward line kick a winning score? So many unknowns leading up to the game. I don't Port to lose and make things harder for themselves. I don't want another straight sets exit. This is the best chance we have at winning the flag after coming so close in 2014 and 2020; 2021 has been erased from my mind.

The boys simply have to take the W whether its ugly or not and stick to the basics. Don't try any fancy shit. Chase, tackle and harass and always be switched on defensively. Exert pressure constantly and never make it easy for the cats to score. All the aggressive ball movement will sort itself out and for god sake, KICK STRAIGHT through the two middle goal posts. I want to see more goals than behinds and WIN.

Last edited:
Don’t worry guys port will win by plenty

Geelong are the worst side in the top 7
Port very fortunate to have drawn them

If port got a Brisbane or dogs, there would be reason to be nervous

At some stage this year after I think the Giants game King remarked that Rat had all the makings of a Big Bopper performance come finals. Serviceable up until they have a shocker that the rest of our defence feeds off.

Cats have a 5-5 record at AO against us, we'll wait and see.

DBJ will stay forward. Burton and Logan Evans will have rebounds covered. Jones and Bergman have a big task but I have faith in Aliir and BZT to keep their job to a minimum. Bench looks scratchy but Narkle and Evans won't be useless (not a big Frank Evans fan but I have to give him props recently that he hasn't actually been useless for a change). McEntee needs to have 8 tackles and we need Mead back to his mid year form, and then the bench doesn't bother me so much.

Going against the grain here but if Marshall is fit enough to be an emergency then he should be playing. We can't be serious playing a forward line with the rotting corpse of Dixon with the speed and turning circle of the Queen Mary, a rookie in Ratugolea who if he does clunk marks can't kick goals and a combo of 2 Geelong rejects and a poor mans Jake Neade who are picked for "pressure acts" rather than scoring ability.
Unless JHF kicks a bakers dozen I don't see where the winning score is coming from.
Have you watched us play in the past 8 weeks?

What part of those performances screams “Todd Marshall would fit into this style of play well”?

We bomb it forward time after time and demand our tall forwards make a contest and not allow intercept marks from oppo defenders. That's the plan 80% of the time.

Nothing about Marshall’s game or physical state suggests he does those things better than Dix or Rat. In fact we have a heap of evidence that he doesn’t do these things well at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DBJ will stay forward. Burton and Logan Evans will have rebounds covered. Jones and Bergman have a big task but I have faith in Aliir and BZT to keep their job to a minimum. Bench looks scratchy but Narkle and Evans won't be useless (not a big Frank Evans fan but I have to give him props recently that he hasn't actually been useless for a change). McEntee needs to have 8 tackles and we need Mead back to his mid year form, and then the bench doesn't bother me so much.
So no rotations for defenders? 100% TOG? 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back