Port vs Melb on Fox = disgrace

Remove this Banner Ad

Why wouldn't Channel 9 still televise their usual live 1pm EST Brisbane Vs West Coast game, and then cut to a live second half telecast of the Port Adelaide Vs Melbourne game at 4pm (I believe they did this earlier in the year after the Anzac Day 1pm start and then cut straight to Half Time at AAMI Stadium between Port and the Dogs)...

Fox can have the Richmond Vs Geelong game, I'm sure they'll be no complaints there.

It dosen't bother me because i have Fox Footy but i can see why it would bother people who don't.

Melbourne are on a high and there fan's won't beable to watch them.

Originally posted by WZA
It dosen't bother me because i have Fox Footy but i can see why it would bother people who don't.

Melbourne are on a high and there fan's won't beable to watch them.

im sure at some Pubs in Melbourne and down at the Melbourne footy club they would have fox footy im sure they will play it.

If you've ever seen a Port vs Melbourne match that would have been entertaining to a neutral, you've got a good supplier and yes, its pure.

Next season they should decide who cast's who (free to air and pay) about 4 days before the first game of the round so you'd be able to see the best possible games.

The Collingwood VS Saints game was originally to be played live on foxtel, but was changed to channel 10 during the week i think.

Originally posted by WZA
Next season they should decide who cast's who (free to air and pay) about 4 days before the first game of the round so you'd be able to see the best possible games.

Given the amount of equipment and people involved in broadcasting a game, I reckon the networks deserve a tad more than 4 days notice as to where it all should go. And a bit more than that to promote the game.

A month is satisfactory, it's just that Channel 9 seems scared sh*tless of broadcasting games from Adelaide and Perth. Give them 4 days notice and I'd guess they'd make the same decision. It's not like Collingwood are involved.

I know that Ch 9/10 Melb isn't going to ever show Freo vs Non-Vic, but you'd like to think that Freo vs any Vic team could get onto their radar screen now and then. This year we have 7 home games vs Melb clubs, including Carlton, Saints, Melb and the Pies.
Only the Pies game this week will be on 9, every other one was on Fox in Melbourne. WC get the same treatment, only their Friday night game vs Ess was on 9, the rest on Fox in Melb.

Adelaide has had only one Sat Night vs Saints on 10, plus 2 Friday games, but Port's had an amazing 6 Sunday games on Ch 9... probably because they are willing to start early at 12:40 local.
So quit your whinging about this one game on Fox!

Brissy has only had 2 home games on Fox in Melb this year.. amazing what a few premierships does for ratings, and Sydney's only had 3 on Fox, surprisingly including this weeks game vs the Lions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dee supporters have my sympathy cos it's happened to my team quite a few times - no free to air and no Foxtel particularly when the game being shown is 2 interstate clubs playing each other & majority of us here in Melbourne don't give a RATS!!!!!!

Maybe the AFL should grow some GONADS and sort out this mess or give the television rights back to SEVEN - at least we got to see our team play when they had em. (I don't work for 7) -

IT'S ALL ABOUT RATINGS, GREED & DOLLARS!!!! sad to say and stuff you the veiwing public.....

Re: Re: Port vs Melb on Fox = disgrace

Originally posted by BrownDog2
if you weren't just a tight ars* you'd have foxtel.

Yeah because getting Foxtel is up to me isn't it.

Get a clue about life arsewipe.

Re: Re: Re: Port vs Melb on Fox = disgrace

Originally posted by Hoggy
Yeah because getting Foxtel is up to me isn't it.

Get a clue about life arsewipe.

if you have an income and own a TV then it is up to you. Or do you have to ask mummy and daddy first?

I work for Fox Sports and it is commonly regarded that the "Match of the Round" should always be on free-to-air TV first. And I don't think there is too much argument that 1 v 4 is just that. Fox Footy has all replay broadcast rights.

The reason is that scheduling is worked out six weeks in advance, but even back then Port and Melbourne were in the top four and Richmond was second last, so you would think Channel 9 (Sunday broadcaster) would have some clue....apparently not!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Port vs Melb on Fox = disgrace

Originally posted by BrownDog2
if you have an income and own a TV then it is up to you. Or do you have to ask mummy and daddy first?

Yeah, I so want to go to work so I can shovel my pay straight back down Rupert's throat.
And all so I can see footy that has been hi-jacked from free-to -air.
Oh, but I also get a full week of solid sh#t on multiple channels. Woo, bloody Hoo

If enough people take your advice, we'll all be shafted with $50.00 pay-per-view grand finals before the end of the decade.

Be very afraid people. It is definitely out there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Port vs Melb on Fox = disgrace

Remove this Banner Ad

Back