Opinion Positive aspects of the Adelaide Football Club.

Remove this Banner Ad

The latest past players event, apart from Bickley where is our other premiership players in attendance? Were they even invitedd? I don't get it, why is our best ever player Andrew Mcleod never around the football club? He lives in Adelaide i know that, so whats the excuse? They should be doing everything they can to mend that relationship. Where is D. Jarman, has he also been burnt by the club? Very disappointing..

The latest past players event, apart from Bickley where is our other premiership players in attendance? Were they even invitedd? I don't get it, why is our best ever player Andrew Mcleod never around the football club? He lives in Adelaide i know that, so whats the excuse? They should be doing everything they can to mend that relationship. Where is D. Jarman, has he also been burnt by the club? Very disappointing..
Think it was for those with young kids? maccas kids are grown up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Selection night, it feels like it's improving every week recently.
It's taken a long time but that feels like a positive, exposing the list to see what we have got from a very dismal season.
I like seeing that Dowling, Nank, Cook, Taylor, Berry, Hamill have been given consecutive games to get the speed of the game.
Bond now getting a go, Curtin earlier.
We gave Strachan a couple of games and at least know where he sits on the list, obviously not very high.
One guy I have always thought was worth giving 5-6 games to was Gollant but he has missed the boat.
And going tall this week may help our transition through the midfield with more marking targets to exit out of defence.
I wouldn't be surprised to see our game plan work better this week

Last edited:
No such thing as a bad free beer.
Actually there is. You couldn’t pay me to drink Super Dry, west End, VB and many others. If I had the choice of free shit beer or pricey yummy beer, you can bet your bottom dollar I’m reaching for my wallet.

Selection night, it feels like it's improving every week recently.
It's taken a long time but that feels like a positive, exposing the list to see what we have got from a very dismal season.
I like seeing that Dowling, Nank, Cook, Taylor, Berry, Hamill have been given consecutive games to get the speed of the game.
Bond now getting a go, Curtin earlier.
We gave Strachan a couple of games and at least know where he sits on the list, obviously not very high.
One guy I have always thought was worth giving 5-6 games to was Gollant but he has missed the boat.
And going tall this week may help our transition through the midfield with more marking targets to exit out of defence.
I wouldn't be surprised to see our game plan work better this week
Think you forgot about Ross Lyon boring football...

Some will definitely see the win tonight as a negative, but it sure feels good to win.

Any win is a positive.

And filthy is a monster. That's a massive positive. He looks like he will win games by himself now.

Lots of positives out of that pretty shitty game in the wet. Thrilled to see the three kids all have good games, should guarantee them all another. Loved the work of Soligo, Nankervis, Michelanny, Murray (even Butts). Keays and Sholl continue to put together solid seasons. Fog finding a way to be involved. Thought Lairds disposal was far better this week (kicks for touch not withstanding). Thilthorpe s return! Enjoyed Sloane’s cameo with the Go Pro and love the work the team does with disadvantaged kids and the rapport the players have with them. Be interesting to see if the kids can back up their game under the roof away from home next week. Filthy in to stretch Essendon’s short defence is a must!

The signatures of Cook and Sholl just add to the positive aspects of the club.

Sholl is having a great season and really cemented his place is the side and Cook has shown he has plenty of potential

Great to have them for 2 more years.

I have a very good feeling about this post. A fantastic win last night. A heart-warming update about Thebarton and how about that Josh Rachele game winner.

Oh yeah, winning sucks. What I meant to say, winning is the greatest positive feel available. Keep winning boys.

Coach seems to be making a few more gameday decisions. Manning up their spares in the last (I woulda tried it way earlier but better late than never). Moving Keays to spend some time in the mid late in the game. Putting Laird up forward to keep him in the rotations when he was sore (rather than losing another rotation).

Add to that a willingness to be a bit more creative and adventurous in pre-game planning, Michalanney on Warner for example, Bond into the midfield to tag at times in his second game.

Opinion Positive aspects of the Adelaide Football Club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back