Positives amongst the debacle

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 15, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Opposition supporter tears taste best
1. Renouf is one tough trooper. Kudos to the guy, he is working his arse off at the moment.

2. Stratton is a genuine defender and must be played every game from now on.

3. Luke Hodge was the only bloke who didn't fumble or miss targets. And he was the only player prepared to accept responsibility with the ball and take the game on.

4. Chance Bateman can't play any worse. That is a positive.

5. We get a 7 day rest for a change. We were flat from the outset tonight.

6. Collingwood didn't kick straight or it could have been 100 plus points defeat.

A really deflating game of footy.

Yes agree.

Twister has stepped up big time, many of our players seem to be going backwards though.

Big high 5 to murph who done well tonight.

Another positive is that young got through ok, you can see how penetrating his kicks are!!

i am starting to hate this board and all these wingers!

get down to geelong tomorrow morning game starts at 10.10, watch burgoyne play, and our 2nd ruckman jordan lisle (can't believe he did not play tonight) as well as dowler and musto.

GO HAWKS!!!

Positives:
1) Game only has 4 quarters...
2) Hodge
3) Renouf
4) Stratton
5) We could smash Adelaide if we played them next week!!!

Negatives:
1) We have to pick at least 15 of tonight's players again next week...
2) We may not be tested again until playing Sydney so may bandaid over the cracks
3) Goal kicking needs work but won't get it & we willbe saying the same thing next week... God only knows why...
4) Kicking out from a behind - we have absolutely no system for doing so, other than to pin-point the guy under the most pressure & give him the pill on the half-volley..

Positives:

Luke Hodge. Best player in the AFL.

Brent Renouf. Can't ask any more from him. He is trying his heart out.

Clinton Young. Really important player got through and looked ok.

Campbell Brown. Still hitting contests hard when game was dead.

Horror stretch of games over.

Negatives:

Stephen Gilham. Just goes through the motions. Doesn't do enough.

Brent Guerra. Should not be making consistently bad decisions at this point of his career.

Xavier Ellis. Needs to take the next step. He was great in the premiership win. He has gone backwards.

Jarrod Roughead. If you are employed to kick goals then kick them!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We thumped the Dee's.

We pushed a virtually full strength Geelong till we ran out of legs, and we pushed a premiership fancied Dogs till we ran out of legs. Game plan still works with the cattle out there.

North, Bombers, Weagles, Richmond and Carlton next 5. We should win at least 4/5.

Young is back, Buddy next week and Burgoyne and Sewell to return very soon with Hooper around 2 weeks away.

Hodge is a star as is Rioli.

Mitchell, Bateman, Goo, Brown have all played better games this year and had an off night.

No injuries from tonight keeping players out next week.

We have had our quota of injuries this year. If no more we can be full strength by around rd 14-16 looking good for finals.

See. Things aren’t that bad.

im positive murphy moss and morton aint up to it but will get a game next week........unfortunately.

I don't think it's fair to single out bad performances on such a horrid night. While Murphy is a panic merchant in the Hay-mould, he was far from the worst. Teams are specifically targeting him as the go-to man.

I found a further positive. We didn't lose a player to injury in the first 5 minutes of the game. At least this game, we made it past the half time break before our bench was reduced.:(

Chin up everyone, I am as pissed off as anyone but a lot can change in 7 days. As others have said, it can't get any worse for the remainder of the year. I think. And hope

Haha we lost by 10 goals to the pies , please don't tell me there were positives out of this game oh and also we might have lost Mitchel to another hammy!

Champ, even amongst the worst tragedies in the world there is always a positive. Yes it can be hard to identify amongst the anger but there were some positives tonight. Have a look - I made a list:p

Champ, even amongst the worst tragedies in the world there is always a positive. Yes it can be hard to identify amongst the anger but there were some positives tonight. Have a look - I made a list:p

The only positive I can think of is that we get to play the pies again this year and hopefully pay the back!

You know, normally when you get beaten by 60+ points, you go home thinking the other side was far too good. Tonight the Pies, I thought they were just OK. That's how bad we were. We made them look good and then they repaid us by missing so much on the score board.

We thumped the Dee's.

We pushed a virtually full strength Geelong till we ran out of legs, and we pushed a premiership fancied Dogs till we ran out of legs. Game plan still works with the cattle out there.

North, Bombers, Weagles, Richmond and Carlton next 5. We should win at least 4/5.

Young is back, Buddy next week and Burgoyne and Sewell to return very soon with Hooper around 2 weeks away.

Hodge is a star as is Rioli.

Mitchell, Bateman, Goo, Brown have all played better games this year and had an off night.

No injuries from tonight keeping players out next week.

We have had our quota of injuries this year. If no more we can be full strength by around rd 14-16 looking good for finals.

See. Things aren’t that bad.

THANK YOU MATE.
On the darkest of dark nights you have brought a smile to my face, so thank you very much

on a lighter note, i remember travelling to tassie last year to watch hawks v kangas. we just lost by 88 points to the dogs (similar to tonight).

it was 5 degrees and our team was badly out of form.

in the first quarter one of the heaviest storms to hit launceston ran over the ground.

an out of form buddy led from the front running all day and marking everything in attrocious conditions, a best on ground performance where kicked 4 goals in the last quarter to get us over the line with the other leader in hodge playing well.

we will be back next week!! we have a good run, we will beat the kangas, and gain some much needed confidence to face those bombers in the 'line in the sand' match

so next week, with sewell and burgoyne we will be back.

today was a good reality check. our senior players need to stand up (ossie, bateman, lewis, mitch, gilham, goo and co) and they will.

go hawkers, prove these dooms dayers on this forum wrong

We've played 3 top four teams in 12 days. We were due for a fadeout.

Rod Jameson said on the ABC after the crows loss to Carlton that one stat that has increased is running - & not just a gentle jog, full on sprints - by 12% this year already, which is a huge leap. All you need is to be down on that by a little & you'll get canned - as we did tonight. All the armchair experts really need to understand the speed, both mental & physical, that the game is played at now. It's much faster than it was even 5 years ago.

We're missing at least 7 of our top 22.

Surely our kick-ins will get some attention now. We can't be as bad as that again.

Renouf was a stand out.

Clinton Young played.

Hodgey never lies down.

We've played 3 top four teams in 12 days. We were due for a fadeout.

Rod Jameson said on the ABC after the crows loss to Carlton that one stat that has increased is running - & not just a gentle jog, full on sprints - by 12% this year already, which is a huge leap. All you need is to be down on that by a little & you'll get canned - as we did tonight. All the armchair experts really need to understand the speed, both mental & physical, that the game is played at now. It's much faster than it was even 5 years ago.

We're missing at least 7 of our top 22.

Surely our kick-ins will get some attention now. We can't be as bad as that again.

Renouf was a stand out.

Clinton Young played.

Hodgey never lies down.

I would have thought the same, only that none of our other deficiencies have been seen to - so why would our kick ins get attention? They were bad against geelong & attrocious last week; and they were as bad tonight. The problem is that a weak opposition next week will make them look better (even fixed) when in fact no change has been made.

Has anyone thought to fix our ruck issues; or our goal kicking issues????

Remove this Banner Ad

Positives amongst the debacle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back