Possible betting scandal

Remove this Banner Ad

The other person using his phone excuse? Seriously? Seems so unlikely. But then again, I'm not much of a punter.. Is it normal for someone to place a bet under a friend's account? Seems very playground to me.

I've given my brother access to my account as we both fund it. Just simpler for him avoiding the wife police...its not uncommon in normal life...life as a professional athlete should be different you would have thought.

That being said, I really hope it's true. And yes, I would welcome lachie back to the club if it wasn't. He is young and obviously immature, mistakes are made by all of us. Should not be publicly hanged for a misjudgement.

The other person using his phone excuse? Seriously? Seems so unlikely. But then again, I'm not much of a punter.. Is it normal for someone to place a bet under a friend's account? Seems very playground to me.
Happens all the time where I'm from.
Seriously it was a ten buck multi it's not like he was going to retire off the winnings.
#standbylachie

Last edited:
Who said that he gave him access though? It is like you leaving my wallet on the table at home and a friend comes by and takes money from it

still need to wait until all the information is laid out

Fair enough. But you kind of need to be responsible for this shit. Kind of like not leaving your drink unattended or unsupervised at a night club if you are a chick or an athlete....

Still pretty stupid for an AFL listed player to give anyone access to their betting account. 8 weeks off sounds about right to me, if what is being reported is accurate.
Yeah no doubt it sounds stupid but he's obviously a bit of a punter, pretty sure he owns a share in a horse or two as well. I've had joint betting accounts with mates before that we both just chuck spare cash in and muck around with it a bit so it really doesn't sound that far fetched. In saying that I completely agree that as an AFL player you need to be smarter about these things, and no doubt he will cop a bit of a kick up the ass and hopefully learn from it.

Even if it was, like first thought, himself chucking on a multi including a very undermanned dogs team to lose a practice match, he'd have to cop a decent suspension but **** me surely calls to rip up the kids contract are still way over the top.

The bet was against us. We were down by 8 goals at half time. He was winning the bet when it was reported.

Simple enough, he's watching the footy, at half time he checks his betting account for the races or soccer, and goes WTF where did that bet come from. F*ckity f*ck I better report it.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst I agree that it stinks, other theories are more likely than Hunter actually betting against the club, in a multi, and then having some sort of ephiphany and half time and sel-reporting it.

I wonder if they (AFL induction program) specifically advise against joint betting accounts or granting other people access to your own betting account or even having a betting account. May be a case of ignorance and/or dumb assness being no excuse. Ignorantia juris non excusat or ignorantia legis neminem excusat

Okay. So you think he would've thought it was less against the rules had he lost?

I mean yeah, if you want to totally deconstruct my joke, that is part of what I was saying. Also that the Dees are so awful he figured he might be able to ride it out and no one would notice.

I didn't foresee this level of scrutiny when I made the joke.

I mean yeah, if you want to totally deconstruct my joke, that is part of what I was saying. Also that the Dees are so awful he figured he might be able to ride it out and no one would notice.

Sorry mate been reading the main board, thought you were serious.

The forethought you put into that joke was Hunter-like.

I wonder if they (AFL induction program) specifically advise against joint betting accounts or granting other people access to your own betting account or even having a betting account. May be a case of ignorance and/or dumb assness being no excuse. Ignorantia juris non excusat or ignorantia legis neminem excusat
If they don't I dare say they will from now on!

Remove this Banner Ad

Possible betting scandal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back