Possible trade packages

Remove this Banner Ad

Y would anyone trade for Lovett? Joke of a footballer IMO. Late Second at Best.

Y.
Because he is one of the quickest players in the comp and uses his pace to break lines.
Because he can win a match of his own boot. (Twice this year he has turned games which were in the balance our way with multiple burst of goals)
Because he has very high efficiency by hand and foot.
Because he averages almost 18 possession a game - and 18 of Lovett is worth 23-24 of most others.

The down side is clearly that he is not defensive enough but in a top side he would be a game breaker.

There seems to be a alot of trade talk at the moment, so I thought I would package up some deals. Anyone got any good ones or thoughts.

Brisbane - sherman, selwood and brennan to carlton for Fevola.

St.kilda dal santo to geelong - corey to eagles and eagles give number 3 pick to saints

Brisbane johnathan brown to collingwood for d thomas, pendlebery, n brown and there first 2 trades

None of those are even remotely possible, they are wild, unthinking, speculative guesses at best

Lovett is a gun and i would want a top 15 pick for him otherwise i wouldnt trade him. He could be soo much but he keeps on missing trainings and doing stupid stuff off field.

Dyson
Laycock
C.Johns
Ramanauskas
N.L.Murray
Mcphee

there players im happy to trade wont be a big part of our future however Dyson and Laycock still have huge potential. N.L.Murray could become good i would want a 2nd round pick for him maybe a late one though or an early 3rd rounder.

Any clubs interested with these players?

Dyson + Laycock = Warnock is fair i feel

Not even close to fair.

Even though the Dockers were interested in Dyson in last years trading period, they were prepared to offer next to nothing for him, and he hasn't done anything this year to improve his trade value.
A player who appears to have motivational problems like Laycock is the last thing Freo needs right now.

Realistically, if the Bombers wanted Warnock, we would probably have to give up Bellchambers and a pick.

Not even close to fair.

Even though the Dockers were interested in Dyson in last years trading period, they were prepared to offer next to nothing for him, and he hasn't done anything this year to improve his trade value.
A player who appears to have motivational problems like Laycock is the last thing Freo needs right now.

Realistically, if the Bombers wanted Warnock, we would probably have to give up Bellchambers and a pick.

Dyson and Warnock have so much potential, however im even happier to give away usless Bellchambers and maybe Dyson or our lat pick.

Dyson and Warnock have so much potential, however im even happier to give away usless Bellchambers and maybe Dyson or our lat pick.

You do realise he is a first year ruckman don't you?

I don't know why you think Dyson has so much potential, unless you are talking about three years ago. He's had more than enough chances. His trade value would be next to nothing.

You do realise he is a first year ruckman don't you?

I don't know why you think Dyson has so much potential, unless you are talking about three years ago. He's had more than enough chances. His trade value would be next to nothing.

yeah i know bellchambers is in his 1st year but nevertheless cant see him being better than Laycock or anything special.

Dyson has potential becasue he is fast can use the footy and has shown that he can rack up 30 posses which he did earlier in the year which is very damaging. Freo had him on the hit list last year and probably will this year he just needs more time on the field and more games.

Palmer, Dyson, Hartlett, Ibbotson, Peake, Hinkley and Crowley tagging wont be a bad middle next year for freo. It would involve pace and youth.

Lovett is a gun and i would want a top 15 pick for him otherwise i wouldnt trade him. He could be soo much but he keeps on missing trainings and doing stupid stuff off field.

Dyson - zero value
Laycock - some value, maybe 2nd round if someone is desperate for a ruckman, any ruckman
C.Johns - zero value
Ramanauskas - zero value and as if you are going to trade him
N.L.Murray - some value but 4th roundish
Mcphee - zero value

there players im happy to trade wont be a big part of our future however Dyson and Laycock still have huge potential. N.L.Murray could become good i would want a 2nd round pick for him maybe a late one though or an early 3rd rounder.

Any clubs interested with these players?

Dyson & Laycock for Warnock is not remotely fair, even if you are trading with Freo. Freo will not take any Essendon players this year no matter what.

i could see geelong being interested in hunter as he would provide a KP defense option if egan or scarlett goes down, and is more than capable up forward, giving mooney a partner at CHF. Great contested mark and athletic, would be great with geelongs delivery.
Hunter + P36 for Pick 16

or

Hunter for Prismall

Seaby+Hansen to carlton for Walker + 2nd round.
Gives carlton hansen, who would help fev as he would lead up the ground at CHF, as honestly, carlton are only a premiership threat while fev is still playing. Seaby would lift the huge load on kreuzer and allow him to move forward more often. Is still young and is better than this years form suggests (watch the games he played when cox was injured). Carltons midfield is stocked and walker isnt getting oppurtunities, and his pace is just what we need.

No chance we would trade for Huntaaaa. And no chance we would give up our first round pick.

And zero chance you can offload Seaby + Hansen (2 players you don't want) for Walker + 2nd round. Walker is not getting games because he has been injured btw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i disagree i feel
Mcphee
N.L.Murray
Laycock
Dyson

have value still left in them

Geelong will be desperate for aruckmen when ottens finishes and Blake is at best a 2nd ruck. Laycock and Blake rotating could be okay.

Mcphee could help with premiership success at your club i know you can win premierships without him but he would be a player that could play on the richo/volts/c.cornes/goodes on the wing which is what Corey and Bartel do atm. No good having Bartel and Corey tagging in a GFinal you would love to see them getting the footy and Mcphee doing the job on those players.

i disagree i feel
Mcphee
N.L.Murray
Laycock
Dyson

have value still left in them

Geelong will be desperate for aruckmen when ottens finishes and Blake is at best a 2nd ruck. Laycock and Blake rotating could be okay.

Mcphee could help with premiership success at your club i know you can win premierships without him but he would be a player that could play on the richo/volts/c.cornes/goodes on the wing which is what Corey and Bartel do atm. No good having Bartel and Corey tagging in a GFinal you would love to see them getting the footy and Mcphee doing the job on those players.

I wasn't talking specifically about Geelong, we would not be interested in any of those players at all.

Rucks you mention, we have 5 on our list. If we were really stuck Mooney and Hawkins can also ruck (not well but enough for 1 game maybe).

I don't know who "volts" is? But the rest of those players you mentioned would be covered by Mackie - who is not great but would rather him than McPhee because he can improve.

Bartel and Corey won't be tagging anyone in a crunch game.

Cats wont want players as they have a great well balanced team and have salary cap pressures. Better for them to trade to upgrade their picks. eg Prismall + third round pick (51) = early second round pick.

I think this could be a good deal. Collingwood's 1st and 2nd round draft pick - say 9 and 28v + Shannon Cox if need be. For one of the following

Kerr
S Burgoyne
DaSanto

Could Prismall be the bargin pick up of the year??

I doubt any club will give first or second round pick for him as clubs wont discard these picks so close to the introduction of GC17. Also, im assuming he will ask to be traded for regular AFL football.

As a Carlton Supporter I would be very happy if he came as a third round pick, but a little aprehensive if any higher.

Thoughts anybody??

Cat fans asking too much for Prismall i feel a pick around 35 - 40 is warranted for him. He can get so much more money and game time else where. He would put himself up for the draft and rookie draft anyway.

If he stays at geelong he will waste a talented future.

He was only like pick 18 and he hasnt played many games so surely a draft pick drops for him. Im happy if essenon offer pick 39 and maybe pick 71 for him.

Prismalls worth an early Second or Priority Selection. People on this board just want absolute bargains and it doesn't happen. He can't go the draft anyway because he's contracted and then Geelong would be in the box seat 2009 with the GC looking to trade Picks for young more established type players.

As much as I hate to say this, as one of his biggest fans, if Prismall isn't getting regular enough game time at the end of this year, the GFC should do the right thing and let him go elsewhere, like they did King, Callan, Gardiner and Playfair (although they aren't all the same, essentially they all left or got traded by GFC not because they weren't wanted, but because they deserved to have a good crack at regualr AFL and weren't going to get it at Geelong)

But what a shame if that happened..........

As per his 4 games this year, in the Inside Football Paper, he is averaging 6/10 a game.
Looking at the averages, before last round, he is equal to Kerr, and ahead of Scarlett.

It'll be tough for anyone to agree on what pick he is worth.
Personally, if he is up for trade (hope not) I would not like to recieve anything less than around pick 18.

Remove this Banner Ad

Possible trade packages

Remove this Banner Ad

Back