List Mgmt. Possible trades for 2016

So who we gettin'?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is literally the opposite of the truth.

I don't want to insult you personally, but it is hard to imagine that anyone who's actually watched AFL would think that.

Tall defenders can make a career by thumping the ball and getting in the way. Hell, Zac Dawson will play 200 games.

Tall forwards are valuable, but you can be a "success" with only one actual skill. Butcher and Casboult can have a career when they're barely competent at vast elements of the game.

Midfielders need to be able to play the game in 360 degrees, they need to be a multi skilled athlete, they need to be able to play their role in complicated midfield setups and running patterns and they need to be able to hit a small mov get target 50m away by foot.

Yeah, and you can literally say the same thing about any midfielder.

They just get it and chuck it on their boot without any worry of where it goes.

It goes both ways but a more talented can KPP I worth more than a talented midfilder.

I don't believe midfilders need an enormious amount of skills to be sucessful.

KPP do. Bad KPP are just that, bad but bad midfielders can still become sucessful players.

Well no. You didn't add the entire quote.

The comment was "I don't believe midfilders need an enormious amount of skills to be sucessful. "

I agree with Kristof that this is literally the opposite of the truth for outside midfielders, wingman, half backs and half forwards (who generally play through the middle). These players need the most skills on the ground for the team to be successful. I can only imagine the original comment was directed at inside midfielders who win the contested footy. This may be true. I dont see Thompson, B Crouch or M Crouch as being highly skillful, although they are not terrible either.

Unskilled midfilders can till have longevity and a sucessful career. Where as, bad KPP (forward and defenders) get found out much quicker.

The Quote was "I don't believe midfilders need an enormious amount of skills to be sucessful. KPP do. Bad KPP are just that, bad but bad midfielders can still become sucessful players."

KPP need a higher amount of skills.

It's harder to play as a key forward than it is as a midfielder.

We always spend our first round pick on a defender so presumably we value defenders higher...
Some very good ones in this year's draft too, Andrew McGrath, Jarrod Berry, Jack Scrimshaw, Alex Witherden, Josh Rotham.....

The first three also likely capable of midfield roles at some stage.

No. Shane Ellen got thrust into our forward line and kicked 5 goals. It says that even someone who is clearly not a FF can succeed if the rest of the team plays well. Is it any surprise that Cloke played his best game of the year when Collingwood played their best game of the year? As Collingwood's form has gone so has Clokes.

Shane Ellen starting at FF is clear evidence that Blight was insane and/or a genius. I don't want to imagine what the reaction would have been if Ellen didn't step up and do a Ted Hopkins.

We always spend our first round pick on a defender so presumably we value defenders higher...
Only because we our KPFs were well sorted, but we had a dire shortage of KPDs.

We spent plenty on tall forwards back in the day - Angwin, Sellar, Tiprat, ... It's only recently that tall defenders have been more of a priority.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shane Ellen starting at FF is clear evidence that Blight was insane and/or a genius. I don't want to imagine what the reaction would have been if Ellen didn't step up and do a Ted Hopkins.
Imagine a game day thread back then

Ellen to FF WTF ******* ***** ** Blight ********* ********

and so on

Out of contract, Garlett was out of the senior team early this year and his Gold Coast career was at a crossroad.

But the speedster knuckled down.

"I've picked up you have to be more professional about everything you do on and off field," Garlett told AFL.com.au.

"Even off field, you get watched more than on field.

"Everyone here has to be a leader and stand up sometime."

Garlett is still deciding on his future, but is wanted by the Suns.

"I feel a part of the club," he said.

"I've really been enjoying it on the coast, they've really looked after me.

"It's something I've got to give back to them.

"I'm certainly still thinking about it, my manager and I am still speaking at the moment. I'll leave it at that and see how it goes."

Imagine a game day thread back then

Ellen to FF WTF ******* ***** ** Blight ********* ********

and so on
Pretty shit move in hindsight. If he'd played hb all game he might have kicked six.

Only because we our KPFs were well sorted, but we had a dire shortage of KPDs.

We spent plenty on tall forwards back in the day - Angwin, Sellar, Tiprat, ... It's only recently that tall defenders have been more of a priority.
Shortage of KPDs? But we have Sam Shaw and Andy Otten signed to a new contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back