Post Dreamteam/Supercoach questions here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi everyone - just wondering about Danny Hughes. I was at thegame last Friday night and was impressed with his efforts in the wet. Strong hands and really had a dip at the ball.

I know of his background and the long time it has taken him to get a game. I'm wondering whether, now he is in the side, if he'll keep playing for a while. I note he's been named at full-forwar this week as well.

Am I right in thinking he is a little short to be a pure full forward, and that maybe he relies on the quick lead and jumping to get the ball?

Petterd out
Jurrah still a month away
Bate looks like he'll miss a week or two
Sylvia is likely to be dropped

Even with Wona and Morton likely to come back in, I'd say Hughes' job security is pretty good for now

Im thinking of bringing in Watts as my 8th forward for the rest of the year. mainly to cover injuries. Reckon he's a fair chance to be left in the team to play out the year? Or will he be dropped if he puts in a bad performance or two?

Surely for his development, Dean Bailey will try to get 10+ games into him this year right?

Im thinking of bringing in Watts as my 8th forward for the rest of the year. mainly to cover injuries. Reckon he's a fair chance to be left in the team to play out the year? Or will he be dropped if he puts in a bad performance or two?

Surely for his development, Dean Bailey will try to get 10+ games into him this year right?
I echo this Question. Any dees supporters want to shed some light?

he may play out the rest of the season, he may not. Watts is young, playing as a KPF and coming off an injury affected preseason. it's likely he could run into form issues that see him spend some time at Casey or he may need to be rested as he doesn't have the body to play such a physically demanding position.

I would like to see him play out the rest of the season, but there are a lot of factors at work.

Wona on the other hand has been playing well at casey (kicked 3 goals last week) and is far more likely to stay in the 22 once he gets back into the team. he's 6k? cheaper, and if you're only goal is to use him as bench cover then I feel he could be a better option provided he gets into the team soon

having said that. both options come with some risk, but that's always the case with rookie priced players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm think about bringing in Sylvia this week... Had a few poor scores the last few weeks so his price is down, do u guys think he will be back to his best soon?

I forgot about Wona, the decision is now Hughes/Watts/Wona. this is supposed to be getting easier, not harder.

Is Wona over his injury concerns? Im fearfull he might come back into the side only to break down with another hammy.

Peoples season can be made or broken on decision like this!

word is he's injured and shouldn't really be playing

And even if he were fully fit, his price will go down a fair bit again this week, so you would wait until next week!

Re: Wonna, history tells us that he simply cannot stay on the park. I hope to god I'm wrong, and that he has turned a corner, but there is no reason to take that risk from a fantasy point of view.

2008 tells us that Wonna can stay on the park

Okay, *recent* history says he cannot.

Don't get me wrong, I am in no way bagging him - I love the things he does out there. I just have this little pessimistic (sp?) streak running through me regards (seemingly) injury prone players.

word is he's injured and shouldn't really be playing

I brought him in after two big tons this year on the back of an average of 109 over his previous 13 games. Yes 109 - that is premium premium stuff, and in a fairly poor team too (thinking Melbourne of 09 here). So I was expecting even better things in 2010.

So I bring the lad in, and he has averaged 55 for me over 3 games. :(

Has his role changed? Melbourne do have many more midfield rotations this year with Scully, McKenzie and Trengove in the mix amongst others.

I don't think a role change would impact so heavily. He surely must be injured. What is wrong with him? Anyone know? With Melbourne having a decent run of form, why play injured players?

Also isn't tackling much since the Brisbane game, which could indicate an attitude related issue that may have crept in due to a bit of over confidence after being a part of good wins verse Richmond and Brisbane, and then thinking they would walk all over North. It also could just be that he tweaked his hammy (as the rumours suggest) late in the Brisbane game or early in the North game, and hasn't been able to shake it without a rest. I don't know which is worse but I kind of hope it is an injury because I really thought he had turned a corner (attitude-wise) last year, and if it is just a bit of hamstring tightness, a week or two off should see him firing again.

Opinions on Wonaemirri? Do you think he can hold his place in the team?

Absolutely. He is vital to our team and is in the best 22 quite comfortably. The concern is his injury troubles. He is a big risk, but a huge upside for the price. If he plays two good games and seems to be moving well and recovering right, and then gets named for a third, it could be worth the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back