Analysis Post match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't really see the comparison with Clement. Jimmy was lightning quick over 20m, strong as an ox, a great judge of the ball in flight, a beautiful kick of the pill and a competitive beast. The best backman ive seen at Collingwood in all honesty.

But I am excited about Tommy. F*** it, he'll be better! :p

Apart from that Langdon seems to have the other qualities.

I rated Brown's commentary last night. Being someone who just retired, he seemed to have a lot more knowledge on forwards and backs compared to the usual rubbish the special comments men throw out.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ked-to-the-game-of-footy-20150227-13qjfj.html

OK, I could be in the minority here. Martin Flanagan, a writer and commentator who's opinions I respect, and who's thoughts on footy are usually right on the mark, enjoyed Brown's debut as a commentator. He thought Brown 'energised' the commentary team.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ked-to-the-game-of-footy-20150227-13qjfj.html

I would rather listen to browny which I found refreshing than having to put up with Bruce 'I just ask rhetorical questions macaveney (don't know how to spell it) and the other channel 7 nuffies

Dermie and Dwayne grate on the nerves like nobodies business. Browny was a bit blokes bloke the other night but I expect he'll iron those wrinkles out over time. Brereton and Russell will always be annoying ****s to listen to.

Brereton's commentary is NEVER good. Brown's from-down-in-the-depths comments are preferable to Dermie's endless soliloquies and self-indulgent tales of past glory. There are good commentators, but Brereton is not one of them.

Peter Donagern is a great caller but we lost the best caller in Clinton Grybas

So worked up over a "misguided opinion".

Doesn't take much to ruffle the feathers, eh?

As for "misguided opinion", I don't need the disposal efficiency figures that are just as innacurate as my "misguided opinion", to know that Taylor Adams disposal was and still is shit house. Whether or not thats based on his skill, or his decision making, is irrelevant, as it concludes in the same result.

Now, do you really think the legitimacy of the disposal efficiency numbers have never been argued about before? Because, it's been discussed for years and years, and only those are truly misguided, actually take them with more than a grain of salt.

Try not to get too mad when you read this post :)

Feel free to edit all of Adam's "shit house" disposals from Thursday night's game - that'll be 2 seconds of footage. I'll help you out - 1st quarter handball. Congratulations on finally admitting that your misguided opinion is innacurate - let's hope that's a sign of some developing maturity - much better than pretending you've regained your pre-teen youth by running with the "worked up", "feathers ruffled", "don't get mad" comments that may have worked on your younger siblings back in the day. Now go watch the replay and get back to me with some solid evidence rather than "I know...". Good luck with that.

Does anyone know what age was the oldest player for both sides and what the average age was, without me having to work it out
I think average age for us was 23 and Hawks was just over 22. Oldest players were Mitchell (31) and Toovey (28 later this month). Average games played was 43 for the Hawks and 46 for the pies.

It was actually a pretty even contest in terms of age profile and games played, which is really exciting imo. To be able to crush the Hawks like that while both playing very young teams bodes well for our future.

Maxy he might be as good as....in 200 games or so.....but Jimmy Clement? No put downs on young Tommy but that's like comparing silk to sail cloth.
Don't really see the comparison with Clement. Jimmy was lightning quick over 20m, strong as an ox, a great judge of the ball in flight, a beautiful kick of the pill and a competitive beast. The best backman ive seen at Collingwood in all honesty.

But I am excited about Tommy. F*** it, he'll be better! :p

He'll be a better player then Maxwell.

Clement at the same age was nothing flash had talent and was played up forward but not the player he became when at the pies.

Langdon is a quality kick, reads the play well like jimmy, is good 1v1 player like Clement, has good pace for his role and play in similar fashion.

He may not go on to be as good as clement but certainly can become a player in the same vein.

Our backline could be great this year. I preferred Reid up forward but our forward set-up looked okay the other night with a bit of variety in player type.

Frost and Brown/Keeffe as talls. Reid and Langdon as a mid/tallish sized rebounders. Toovey and Williams as back-pockets. Chop outs from mid/wing defenders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our backline could be great this year. I preferred Reid up forward but our forward set-up looked okay the other night with a bit of variety in player type.

Frost and Brown/Keeffe as talls. Reid and Langdon as a mid/tallish sized rebounders. Toovey and Williams as back-pockets. Chop outs from mid/wing defenders.
Please god no, I hope we stick with Brown FB and Reid HB for the entire season. Williams could easily lose his spot to Sinclair or Ramsay if he doesn't clean up his skills. I'm more excited about our medium and small forwards this year.

I think average age for us was 23 and Hawks was just over 22. Oldest players were Mitchell (31) and Toovey (28 later this month). Average games played was 43 for the Hawks and 46 for the pies.

It was actually a pretty even contest in terms of age profile and games played, which is really exciting imo. To be able to crush the Hawks like that while both playing very young teams bodes well for our future.

Cheers Apex......and totally agree, exciting future ahead with our youth coming through.

He'll be a better player then Maxwell.

Clement at the same age was nothing flash had talent and was played up forward but not the player he became when at the pies.

Langdon is a quality kick, reads the play well like jimmy, is good 1v1 player like Clement, has good pace for his role and play in similar fashion.

He may not go on to be as good as clement but certainly can become a player in the same vein.

Don't think he is as good a kick as clement.

Please god no, I hope we stick with Brown FB and Reid HB for the entire season. Williams could easily lose his spot to Sinclair or Ramsay if he doesn't clean up his skills. I'm more excited about our medium and small forwards this year.

I wasn't that excited by Brown the other night given the space that McEvoy got on him - Frost I think is a better defender already and offers more carry.

Absolutely not. As I stated elsewhere, he sounds like he is speaking from the bottom of a well.
I wasn't impressed but it's early days, I'm willing to give him time I impress.

Haven't seen THATSGOLD on here since the win...hmm a lot less to say after a win?
he has been sent one of these below
720p-Lazio%20v%20Juventus.jpg

Because of this ;)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Post match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back