Review Post Mortem vs Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon were the better team for the majority of the match and would have won if the game had gone on any longer.
Happy to bank the four points at this stage but we need to improve.
Oh ok. We should have the 'its not fair, lets play for another 10 minutes' rule just for Essendon fans

I don’t recall us booing Hird, pretty pathetic.

As for umps they lost their minds, plenty of shockers both ways but they got 3 goals from soft calls.

2nd qtr, Grundy in the back against that bleached hair flog, it was a soft free, they kick a goal

4th qtr, TippWood throws it over his head to Daniher he snaps a goal.

4th, Baguely gets free against Langdon, both players were holding each, goal.

I also swear Tippen Woody threw/dropped the ball to Daniher for their last goal.

Threw and ducked several times.

We really need a quick small shut down guy. These zippy little players do my head in. Always run amok against us.

You legend Bucks.

We were fortunate though.. shouldn't have let it come to that. They were better for large periods of the game. Stoked to bag the 4 points and am confident that we are the better side. Just didn't play like we were for a half.
We dominated the first half, they dominated the second.

Felt for them re: umpiring as there were a few critical decisions missed, but equally the umpires paid some absolute howler calls against us, particularly early in the piece which gets lost amongst the finish.

We need to be much better than that. Greenwood and Thomas invisible.

Dunno why the criticism of Brown.. nippy as all f today. Didn't really see him do much wrong except execute a coupla goals.

Should be rapped the bloke has put himself in positions to score.
Agree here, he was real good in the clinches, once he improves his finishing he’ll be a rippa, real guts like his old man.

what did bucks say in the speech at the end that everyone is saying well done about? I missed it
Stood up for Pendles after he was booed.

Who says they are not a great side? Most pundits have them top eight and possibly top four.

It’s a good win against a good team.
So you are happy with our midfield? You think it has a good balance of outside and inside talent, strength and speed, and is well set up to reap the benefit of Cox dominating ruck contests? It seems to me that we are reputed to have one of the best midfields in the competition but repeatedly have problems winning the clearances. Having said that, we are obviously over compensating elsewhere or we wouldn't be winning games.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our midfield needs to find something. To be beaten 40-29 in clearances is embarrassing when we won double the hit outs. If we don’t lift we won’t be competing at the business end.

So far our Mids been very poor. Have not really dominated a Team.

At Moment they are Overrated

They scored 5 and were scored 3 goals in the second half, lucky that we were three up after the first.

Glad we got the 4 points. Maynard, Langdon Howe did well under the circumstances and dare I say we might have missed Mayne?

Umpiring was bad at times for both teams, not the difference in the end.

Worsfold apparently in his press conference referred to the booing, 'I don't like it but supporters must have seen something during the game'.

Was he implying Pendlebury ducked his head for the free?

Gee if it is always about umpiring, I would have a sore throat but I wouldn't boo a player unless he did something behind the play or king hit someone.

Last edited:
F U Essendon........convicted cheaters.

Should never have been rewarded with a first round draft pick.

AFL showing there love for the Peptide Bummers what they let them get away with

Buckley will be on the Channel 7 show tonight at 8.30 pm.

Now to the game, so many mistakes, I will unlikely be a fan of Thomas especially leaving Cox to chase the player whilst he waited for the cheap handball. Newsflash... Cox is not that fast.

JT is Very Overrated on this Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Post Mortem vs Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back