Review Post Mortem vs Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

So you are happy with our midfield? You think it has a good balance of outside and inside talent, strength and speed, and is well set up to reap the benefit of Cox dominating ruck contests? It seems to me that we are reputed to have one of the best midfields in the competition but repeatedly have problems winning the clearances. Having said that, we are obviously over compensating elsewhere or we wouldn't be winning games.

We loose the clearances due to no quality inside midfielders. Treloar, Pendlebery, Sidebottom & Beams all play outside. Watch when De Goey enters the centre bounces we win clearances. We urgently need Sier to return.

Our midfield needs to find something. To be beaten 40-29 in clearances is embarrassing when we won double the hit outs. If we don’t lift we won’t be competing at the business end.
We should seek out a Sier that can guide us in the right direction.

We dominated the first half, they dominated the second.

Felt for them re: umpiring as there were a few critical decisions missed, but equally the umpires paid some absolute howler calls against us, particularly early in the piece which gets lost amongst the finish.

We need to be much better than that. Greenwood and Thomas invisible.

We did. Much like the Geelong game we should have been much further ahead. But they pressured us into our shells and we couldn't move for large periods of the game.

I think the umpiring is at an all time low at the moment. Poor calls every week. And your going to get some ridiculous BS calls like the push in the back and all that regardless. What the bombers fans were upset about is the amount of calls that were overlooked as a direct result of their hard work and pressure. I would have been just as annoyed.

Agree Greenwood was a bit of a spud today and Thomas needs to do more.

So you are happy with our midfield? You think it has a good balance of outside and inside talent, strength and speed, and is well set up to reap the benefit of Cox dominating ruck contests? It seems to me that we are reputed to have one of the best midfields in the competition but repeatedly have problems winning the clearances. Having said that, we are obviously over compensating elsewhere or we wouldn't be winning games.

We can get better if that’s what you mean. Good teams can win games they should have lost and thats what happened today.

Last edited:
Maybe.
We have a tendency on this board to single out players, whatever the result.

So does the club, every player has their individual reviews on their performance and some will be dropped if that's not up to their required standard.

You can't just say because we won that everyone played well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To those of us who were at the '70 and '79 GF's and had to put up with your fellow supporters carrying on like world champions when you won by pure good fortune. Also your ex president Elliott who has to have been the biggest turd ever to have control of a club.

There are many reasons to hate Carlton.

So does the club, every player has their individual reviews on their performance and some will be dropped if that's not up to their required standard.

You can't just say because we won that everyone played well.
Yeah....

does anyone else think wed be a better team with beams out of the guts? id think even wills would be better for team balance

We need Sier back in there and Beams out pronto. He can take Thomas''role in the forward area, he should not be in the midfield routinely anymore.

That was some serious overpayment for Beams, but we need to suck it up and make the best of it.

Not that it matters in the end but that/our kick for goal that was declared a point (touched), on the TV it looked like the whole ball was over the line to me.

It was but they scared to Give it a Goal after Lions Game.

Seeing it live I thought it was Touched

I am certainly not happy with our midfield.

I don’t know if it’s balance or set-up, but with a dominant ruck like Grundy who is so good at ground level and following up his work, and a relief ruck like Cox whose strength is directing his tap to dangerous places it is inexcusable that we continue to barely break even in the clearances week after week. Take Grundy out of those numbers and we probably on balance get smacked. It’s not good enough and questions about how we structure up and the personnel that we have play there need to be asked.

All I want to know is if we play the Tigers again?

Not that it matters in the end but that/our kick for goal that was declared a point (touched), on the TV it looked like the whole ball was over the line to me.
No separation between the padding of the post and the ball on that camera angle. Couldn’t definitely claim it had cleared the line and on that basis they made the right decision.

Contrast to Thomas’ one the week before where there was a distinct frame of separation between the padding and the goal - which for god knows what reason the AFL came out and said was an incorrect decision even though on my viewing I thought it was a clear goal.

The video referral system needs to have better camera angles and quality though IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Post Mortem vs Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back