Autopsy Post Mortem vs Norf (Pies 84 def by Norf 124)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm watching the blues play. It shows how much difference a coach and his team can make to a team. The players obviously respect him and they play their roles. A team of limited talent, proving what a difference good coaching staff can make in the space of a few months.

Based on the fact that our performances have been ordinary for a few years and Rob Harvey is just as responsible as Buckley.
In other words, it was a random potshot based not on your knowledge of his ability or performance but on the club's on-field performances to which dozens and dozens of factors contribute. Glad you're not my boss.

I'm watching the blues play. It shows how much difference a coach and his team can make to a team. The players obviously respect him and they play their roles. A team of limited talent, proving what a difference good coaching staff can make in the space of a few months.

Yep having a Coach that has Smarts and Knows what he is doing makes a Difference

In other words, it was a random potshot based not on your knowledge of his ability or performance but on the club's on-field performances to which dozens and dozens of factors contribute. Glad you're not my boss.

Well Let's Give Bucks a Lifetime Contract and He can Coach us forever:rolleyes:

Yep that's why I run a successful company. It's called accountability. It's a results based business. When you have had time, good resources and your team is performing poorly, then you need to go.

I love how posters turn speculation into fact in just a few short sentences, it is masterful

Yes, Carlton are going gangbusters - heading for their 6th straight loss, but they beat some seriously talented teams in Essendon, Brisbane and Freo, snuck home against Port at their worst, beat Geelong by taking note of how Collingwood beat them and applying the exact same tactics, and beat what you consider a terribly coached Collingwood who they then lost to 7 games later. Clearly shows Bolton's players respect him. :drunk:

And I wouldn't be your boss. I would have moved you on given you seem to accept mediocrity and are happy to hide behind 'dozens and dozens of factors' (I call that 'excuses')

Yes, Carlton are going gangbusters - heading for their 6th straight loss, but they beat some seriously talented teams in Essendon, Brisbane and Freo, snuck home against Port at their worst, beat Geelong by taking note of how Collingwood beat them and applying the exact same tactics, and beat what you consider a terribly coached Collingwood who they then lost to 7 games later. Clearly shows Bolton's players respect him. :drunk:
Well they were expected to fight out the wooden spoon with Essendon. Where were we expected to finish? They have been terrible for years with an ordinary list. Compare that to the Pies. The blues have performed above expectations this year. They have been well coached

Yep that's why I run a successful company. It's called accountability. It's a results based business. When you have had time, good resources and your team is performing poorly, then you need to go.
So when sales are down you sack the entire sales team without knowing anything about their individual performances? If that's the case then your company's success can only be in spite of you running it.

No, while he cops more than anyone else on the ground given the way he cheats, ducks, dives, flops and falls he should be getting significantly more. The more have done those things the more heat he copped.

Must say I got a fair laugh out of his play in the last quarter, Thomas slip feet first into the footy in the forward pocket sticking his neck out to draw the free should he be tackled, funny thing was the 'pies player was several metres behind and in no position to tackle.
After watching what he does off the ball, I kind of think the anger is warranted. Right before the Williams free, he pulled the exact same stunt in that as soon as he gets pushed in the chest off the ball, he falls backwards on his ass. Whereas any other player generally remains standing in the push and shove.

You can hear Pendles talking to the ump about it after the free. He basically says "So from now on if we get pushed in the chest and fall down, you're going to pay us the free?" Which the ump agreed. You can even see Pendles step around Thomas simulating that if you make any contact with him, he will fall down.

And I wouldn't be your boss. I would have moved you on given you seem to accept mediocrity and are happy to hide behind 'dozens and dozens of factors' (I call that 'excuses')
You're quite prepared to make excuses for Carlton's season based on the speculative measurement of expectations but incapable of seeing any other reason for Collingwood's average performance other than a simplistic "it's the coaches".

As for asking where we were expected to finish this year - around about where we are right now in fact. Or are you basing it on Collingwood supporter's expectations ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what an odd analogy.
Perfectly valid analogy - in your eyes the coaching staff's performance is sub-par so you want to sack them all without knowing anything about their individual performances. How odd that a business owner can't comprehend that.

After watching what he does off the ball, I kind of think the anger is warranted. Right before the Williams free, he pulled the exact same stunt in that as soon as he gets pushed in the chest off the ball, he falls backwards on his ass. Whereas any other player generally remains standing in the push and shove.

You can hear Pendles talking to the ump about it after the free. He basically says "So from now on if we get pushed in the chest and fall down, you're going to pay us the free?" Which the ump agreed. You can even see Pendles step around Thomas simulating that if you make any contact with him, he will fall down.
I did like Pendlebury stepping around Thomas with his hands up, really if the players are angry or taking the piss out him it says everything needed.

Ulahoopski who has coached better in 2016.......Buckley or Bolton?

Anyone else thinking what we traded out for Trealor was a bad idea? he has had less impact than a fart in a bath tub.
His second half of the season has been barely worth a first round pick, let alone two first round picks.

His second half of the season has been barely worth a first round pick, let alone two first round picks.
I think the miles may have caught up with him.

His defensive effort is still piss poor, but absolutely no pre season will do that to you in the second half.

Ulahoopski who has coached better in 2016.......Buckley or Bolton?
I have no idea, and that's my point - the only people who are qualified to have a valid opinion on coaching performances are those within the football club who see them in action day in day out. Coaching is not simply about what we see during a game. In fact it's mostly about what happens outside of game time. That's why I'm amazed that so many people feel they can make genuine calls on which coach is "best" or which of them needs to go/stay etc. It's pointless.

Dustin Martin's being talked up as a Brownlow smokey. Stat-wise, Treloar's figures are almost identical in every category apart from D.E., tackles, clangers, and inside 50's. Yet some think it was a bad idea to get him to Collingwood for a couple of unknown quantities?

I have no idea, and that's my point - the only people who are qualified to have a valid opinion on coaching performances are those within the football club who see them in action day in day out. Coaching is not simply about what we see during a game. In fact it's mostly about what happens outside of game time. That's why I'm amazed that so many people feel they can make genuine calls on which coach is "best" or which of them needs to go/stay etc. It's pointless.

You're wrong.....as Bucks has said numerous time he is in a business judged by wins & losses. Bucks performance this year has been below average.

Bolton has widely been seen as having a good year.....one thing you can't argue is his team is playing like a TEAM despite the losses.

Can't say the same about us in 2016.

I
Worst I've seen from us in 10 years. We should've gotten absolutely smashed tonight. Buckley needs to go.
thought our skills were terrible, everything was a little "short"
I reckon we put the wrong air pressure in our practice balls.

PS Lindsay Thomas ia massive tool/ducker/cocksuker and a gutless front runner.

You're wrong.....as Bucks has said numerous time he is in a business judged by wins & losses. Bucks performance this year has been below average.

Bolton has widely been seen as having a good year.....one thing you can't argue is his team is playing like a TEAM despite the losses.

Can't say the same about us in 2016.
As I said, pointless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Post Mortem vs Norf (Pies 84 def by Norf 124)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back