Autopsy Post Mortem vs Norf (Pies 84 def by Norf 124)

Remove this Banner Ad

The one thing after going to the game was our disposal effort and our undisciplined actions in the first half absolutely killed us. It was absolutely atrocious, howe made some costly errors though he has been very good lately, Sidebottom made numerous mistakes, Maynard I think everybody knows, Nathan brown is very very average

I'm not blaming the coach solely but clearly our methods are not working. The coach stands out tonight because he made a point of saying how fired up the players would be for this game. Instead we looked like witches hats in the first quarter.
So your telling me bucks is a magician and cast a spell on our players turning them into witches??? How much did your boy cloke contribute tonight????

Warning rant incoming

Trade Williams, he's been shit this year and just seems to be interested in starting fights.
Trade Maynard, I think he'll be a decent player but I want to save my self the frustrations his complete mind boggling **** ups bring. I wonder how many goals he's cost us this year due to under 12 footy errors.
Trade Cloke if we can get something decent for him, otherwise keep him.
Varcoe has seemed a touch off for awhile now for some reason.
Smith is handy depth but should not be playing when we have so many more skillful players in the VFL
You have to think Fas is no where near 100%, we seemed to have played him out of desperation.
Fix the ****ing centre clearances ffs.
Some of our mids didn't want to work both ways, Treloar and Adams being 2 of them. It's very unusual for Adams so I wonder what's going on there.
Pendles is clearly carrying something but is still one of our bests just about every single week. Bloke is a champion.
We looked lethargic and slow. We were slow compared to North for ****s sake.
Missed Sinkers run off the half back badly, 4 concussions this year is extremely concerning.
Marsh is a very good mark and intercept player, but **** me his kicking is atrocious.
Moore doesn't get to enough contests, has to do more.
High performance team can go and get ****ed.
Grundy beating one of the best ruckman in the comp, good on ya son.

I know Bucks and the club want to get more games into young players but Thomas has always been Tooveys bunny; as Thomas wilts when playing on someone who doesn't give him any space and hassles him. Him Buck's brings in Caff to negate Shaw then surely he could have called up Toovey as a horses or courses line up if only for the one game.

Funny situation where we are at, if we think we are still improving and just need a decent run with Injuries then minor changes are needed, If we are setting for a re-jig of our expectations to 3 or 4 years down the track then Cloke, White, Goldsack, Brown, all go after this year at a minimum.

This is the really disappointing part. we lose two first round picks for a bloke who is IMO equal to a second round pick. Has speed but that's about it. What does everyone think we would get for Cloke (2nd round pick) White (nothing) Goldsack (nothing) Brown (nothing)
I think our only chance to get out of this mess is to trade someone with currency. But I don't know who? Leave that to the trade 2016/17 thread. 6 weeks ago I said we should get something for Sinclair, before he played 2 blinders.....now however, there are doubts if he will ever play the game again. Being rushed to hospital after 4 concussions, I suspect he may be a retiree for medical reasons in the off season.

My only thought would be to consider sidey, Oxley, etc who may have some interest. Rumour is that we are seriously chasing Sam Reid. What the ^&* makes us always consider trying to get brothers to play with us. He is injury riddles and not worth much when he's fit.

Out hunted tonight, probably a little tired after consecutive away games against quality sides and a 6 day break.

Some polish would have won the game tonight against a side that we rolled last year from a greater half time deficit.

The impact of Swan and Elliot out of the side can't be understated, they are match winners and sadly we are lacking them atm. Sinclairs concussion hurt us as he has been exceptional over the last month

2-3 years from now when our midfield (Grundy, Adams, treloar,crisp,degoey) are approaching Mid 20s and Pendles in his twilight we will be have one of the best midfields, now we're just not good enough. Simple

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he trying to find the year you last won a premiership?
I was under the impression he was looking for footage of the 9-0 "streak" to put on dvd to commemorate what a terrific first half of the year you guys had.

I'm not usually one for blaming umpires, but I'm still genuinely curious how they can comfortably call play on to a blatant kicking in danger on Maynard.

All things aside, regardless of how badly Maynard ****ed up that kick in that gifted Thomas a goal, he fumbled and was kicked in the hand when he went to retrieve the ball. I'm not saying it would've turned the game, I'm not saying it cost us a victory, I'm simply speaking about the consistency of umpiring decisions and can just not understand why it wasn't paid. I'd be equally as filthy on it if I was watching a non-Collingwood game. It's just not right, it's there in clear daylight for everyone to see. The umpire got caught up in the moment and made an error, but of course we'll never hear the umpiring department acknowledge that.

It's moments like that, that make me frustrated to be an AFL fan.

Absolutely nothing went right on the night.

- Handing North stupid stupid goals, we must have provided at LEAST 5 or 6 to them
- Every little bounce, ball drop, knock on etc. went their way
- Pulling goals completely out of their arses
- An armchair ride from the umps that would make Hawthorn and the Bulldogs blush
- Us missing crucial goals that could have swayed the match
- Bad games from players we couldn't afford to have bad games from

Just...nothing.

Wowee... Lots of sky is falling trade everyone rubbish on here.

I picked north. North won. Frustrating game that, yet again, we could have won if we did a few things differently. Don't chuck the baby our with the bath water. Those suggesting we trade Sidey are clearly delusional. Yeah, he does some annoying things, but he was great most of tonight. If Wayne Carey (who never says anything good about Collingwood) rates Sidey highly then that's good enough for me.

As for Maynard, come on. He stood up mist of tonight. Made a bad error which obviously cost a goal. But by that point Howe - our second best defender up until now - had already been shifted forward cause he got rattled down back. Maynard was pretty good! And he's 19.

Marley and Greenwood on the other hand... Ugh. Cost us about 5 goals between em. Luckily greeny git a couple back... But he needed to.

Absolutely nothing went right on the night.

- Handing North stupid stupid goals, we must have provided at LEAST 5 or 6 to them
- Every little bounce, ball drop, knock on etc. went their way
- Pulling goals completely out of their arses
- An armchair ride from the umps that would make Hawthorn and the Bulldogs blush
- Us missing crucial goals that could have swayed the match
- Bad games from players we couldn't afford to have bad games from

Just...nothing.
We gave North 4 or 5 of their first 6 goals via bad turnovers, so I reckon you could safely double that.

Just walked in the door from the game and gotta say, I haven't been as disappointed in a loss for a while. That first half was deplorable. The pretend tough guy stuff was just embarrassing to be honest (both sides guilty but we looked the most stupid because of it). If I picked up the paper tomorrow morning and read that Marley Williams had got the arse I would give a total of zero shits. He can't kick for shit and he's a moron to go with it.

Very frustrating game and ultimately we shot ourselves in the foot in the first quarter by allowing North to dictate the game. We were smashed in centre clearances and North's press didn't allow us to get the ball past the halfway line for the first 15 minutes of the match.

Being there, I think we recorded one inside 50 for the first 15 minutes in the match and in that time we somehow kicked a goal courtesy of Blair, but North had already kicked 6.4 by that stage ultimately killing our chance of winning the match.

I think after quarter time we were more competitive and the late stages of the 3rd quarter and early stages of the final quarter were very promising but our inept skills continually let us down in critical stages of the game.

Part of me knows that we need to cut some slack on the young players, especially our defenders but some of the passages of play involving Marsh, Maynard and Williams were nothing short of comical at some stages.

We have great potential, but we haven't learnt to click for a whole match unfortunately and I don't think we've played a match this season where we've convincingly played four quarters of strong consistent football. Whether this is an indictment on the coaching staff, the players or both I'm not so sure about.

Simply, 2016 will go down as a year of what ifs more than anything else. A wasted year, but hopefully a year we will learn from and be better for in the long run.

I have sat quietly watching the footy for another season hoping all the issues from last year would be resolved and all the future success the club has hyped up come to fruition. And yet another season is over weeks out from the finals and this was one of the most disappointing games I have seen in a long time by the CFC.

Seriously I am not sure why the club can not see these issues, issues starting with the head coach.

First off, our assistant coaches are a real concern. Yes I loved Anthony Rocca, Tarkyn Locker and Scott Burns as players and Robert Harvey was a great player as was Ben Hart. But Rocca, Lockyer and Rivers have not coached elsewhere and Harvey couldn't even get the saints coaching role after being interim coach. Scott Waters was selected over him. Steve Grace has no afl experience and was only a junior development coach at freo and is now our forward line coach??????. Only Burns and Hart have experience at other clubs.
Yet the likes of hawthorn, Sydney and Geelong have experienced assistant coaches from outside the club bringing ideas and knowledge. Seems to me Buckley has a lot of YES men.

Second, the set up structures are woeful. Tonight I looked at norths forward line throughout the game and they were spread out, a tall isolated in the goal square and forwards standing at CHF to run in at the centre bounce with Lots of room to lead into.
Then I looked at ours after each goal and it looked congested and disorganised. Cloke and Moore almost stood together about 40m out from goal, we had no forward in the goal square and the rest of the forward line was standing with in 10m of Cloke and Moore. So any quick movement forward didn't have a long option, our flankers didn't get into the centre to help like norths did and any kick to Cloke or Moore meant they competed with each other with both of their defenders in tow. Good luck taking a mark.
I don't think I really seen a forward lead straight at the kicker and take a mark on the lead. It's like Buckley wants the players to Kick it over the forwards heads so they can run into goal????? Hmm that's so much easier than hitting up a leading target.

Third, just to increase the difficulty for the forward line, our game plan is to handball the ball backwards at every chance to a man standing 2m way dead still and put us under more pressure. Then if we don't turn it over we slam a kick forward as high as we can after giving the opposition time to get back in numbers.
No wonder Cloke is struggling to find touch FFS
Seriously, I was going insane the amount of times we picked up the ball and our first instinct was to look backwards.... Even our captain was doing it.

Fourth, when the ball is in defence all our team is in their half of the field. So we get a free or mark or turnover and look up to the wing only to see a crowded field and North defenders everywhere. Our players have no room to lead into so we either bomb it to a pack or we switch it and give time for North to get back into defence. This slows down and often stops any ball movement which makes it impossible for us to generate forward 50 entries.

Fifth, our midfield needs to learn to move during the centre square ball ups. God this is where we miss swanny as he was the master of that. We are all standing there watching the ruckman compete while the North mids were on the move anticipating the ball movement and then spreading when they got it while we chased them. It's not rocket science, Goldstein won most of the hit outs, he uses his right hand so run to where he is facing rather than standing there waiting for North to get the ball.

And finally, our starts are awful. 4 goals down vs GWS, 5 goals down vs Adelaide and North three weeks in a row. Um that is what I classify as an ongoing problem so why hasn't it been addressed FFS.

Ironically, we got to with in 15 points by moving the ball quickly, running past for the handball rather than standing behind waiting for it. We were on the move at the clearances and our forward line spread out generating room to run into.

But seriously, our lack of lead up marks and goals was still concerning. Most of our goals came from General play or at least 8 did.

We have the cattle, we have proved this periodically throughout the year particularly in the cats win, dogs loss and GWS win but I am sorry to say it's time to part ways with Bucks and clean out our footy department. A fresh preseason for 2017, new game plan, experienced head and assistant coaches is exactly what we need.

Taylor Adam and Ben Reid were the standouts for me tonight and Nathan brown never gave up. Moore was good in periods as was Sidey and the skipper. Grundy battled away and Maynard was good in parts but made some nervous inexperienced errors.

My rant over!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Post Mortem vs Norf (Pies 84 def by Norf 124)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back