Autopsy Post Mortem vs Norf (Pies 84 def by Norf 124)

Remove this Banner Ad

We gave North 4 or 5 of their first 6 goals via bad turnovers, so I reckon you could safely double that.
In his facebook session, pendles said we gave up 7goals 1 in defensive 50 turnovers, which he then said is "virtually unheard of", something along those lines. Poor footy indeed.

Bloody hell, to think we were only 16 points down for most of the last quarter. Certainly cost us the game.
Two weeks in a row we've shot ourselves in the foot. Just keep making ridiculous errors at crucial moments. Footy this last couple seasons has been a game of momentum and we are kings of killing said momentum. Lets just hope we are learning from it.

Two weeks in a row we've shot ourselves in the foot. Just keep making ridiculous errors at crucial moments. Footy this last couple seasons has been a game of momentum and we are kings of killing said momentum. Lets just hope we are learning from it.
Yeah even when we had the run in the last quarter we just couldn't get that extra goal. I felt if we had of gotten one more we would have run away with it instead we kicked a few behinds.

Yeah even when we had the run in the last quarter we just couldn't get that extra goal. I felt if we had of gotten one more we would have run away with it instead we kicked a few behinds.
Agreed. We did the same thing last week. Almost everytime without fail that we were streaming forward to get within a goal of adel, we'd turn it over and adel would go the other way and make it a 3 goal deficit. The big one that keeps burning me was that "over the top" handball sidebottom did that went straight to adel player 2mtrs away rather then our player. Love sidey but that was prob biggest and most costly error of last weeks game

In his facebook session, pendles said we gave up 7goals 1 in defensive 50 turnovers, which he then said is "virtually unheard of", something along those lines. Poor footy indeed.
How about he does something about it as captain instead of whinging about it to the fans after the game??!

Wowee... Lots of sky is falling trade everyone rubbish on here.

I picked north. North won. Frustrating game that, yet again, we could have won if we did a few things differently. Don't chuck the baby our with the bath water. Those suggesting we trade Sidey are clearly delusional. Yeah, he does some annoying things, but he was great most of tonight. If Wayne Carey (who never says anything good about Collingwood) rates Sidey highly then that's good enough for me.

As for Maynard, come on. He stood up mist of tonight. Made a bad error which obviously cost a goal. But by that point Howe - our second best defender up until now - had already been shifted forward cause he got rattled down back. Maynard was pretty good! And he's 19.

Marley and Greenwood on the other hand... Ugh. Cost us about 5 goals between em. Luckily greeny git a couple back... But he needed to.
I genuinely don't understand this logic.

So because you picked our competition to win because they are a better side everyone has no right to be upset that Collingwood is:
A) the worse of any two teams; and
B) not implementing changes to improve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone honestly see us becoming a top side under Buckley?It's like Groundhog day with him with the same things happening over and over again.We rely totally on pressure on the ball carrier,but that style of football is taxing on the players and they get fatigued very easily.After putting in a decent effort for a few weeks,the players get tired,the pressure drops off and we play like shit,just as we did tonight.Then rinse and repeat.The same thing happens year after year.It's never going to change while Buckley is our coach.

Yeah, I can, but we need: 1. To stop trading away players who have around 50 games and are about to establish themselves and bringing in players who have next to no injuries. 2. Getting injuries.

So wee need continuity from here in. I do worry about the lack of class and the fact that players like De Goey have flatlined.

We set ourselves for this week and treated it like a final, and it feels like we've lost a final because really our finals hopes were on the line tonight and we weren't able to get the result we wanted,

Buckley, 20/8/2015

We're not underestimating [them] and we're seeing at as a finals game, so we'll definitely be coming with finals-like intensity

Buckley, 19/7/2016

The first comment was post match against Sydney and the second was prior to last night. He's used the same line to gee the players up twice in 12 months and had bugger all to show for it.

Given what we dished up both from an effort and structure perspective the comments above are about as close as we're going to get to finals under the current coaching group! Overall it's probably a good thing because I'm not keen to waste my hard earned on that rubbish.

Too much medium talent in the list, not enough elite talent.
When you're overall medium, you play medium, finish medium.
Just need to bring in more elite talent or develop same.

Too much medium talent in the list, not enough elite talent.
When you're overall medium, you play medium, finish medium.
Just need to bring in more elite talent or develop same.

Do you think North has elite talent S V?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think North has elite talent S V?
Not many either.
Goldstein yes, Harvey yes.
So no North are medium.
That's why they win then lose and mix their form.

Not much.. but they have a very even spread of good to very good talent throughout their 22.. and plenty of experience of course.

Not many either.
Goldstein yes, Harvey yes.
So no North are medium.
That's why they win then lose and mix their form.

The big difference is they will play finals this year.......with that average talented side!

We should have been heaps better last night........no excuses!

The big difference is they will play finals this year.......with that average talented side!

We should have been heaps better last night........no excuses!
Yes they will.
We have a bit to go.
Next season, I'm not falling into trap of over rating our list.
Very long list of good medium talent.
Maybe a few young ones will push up.
Eg de Goey and Moore

Moore is lauded but still to do it. Will potential match reality in time?

A lot of guys bad bad basic errors last night. More then in previous games. We can't seem to be crisp with our disposal all game. When we are we play like the GWS/Cats games.

One of our biggest problems is we don't do the basic things good enough. Like hitting the right target kicking to the right side is a team mate. Handballing in front of a team mate as he runs past not behind him. We fix those little things we will be better.

Buckley, 20/8/2015

Buckley, 19/7/2016

The first comment was post match against Sydney and the second was prior to last night. He's used the same line to gee the players up twice in 12 months and had bugger all to show for it.

Given what we dished up both from an effort and structure perspective the comments above are about as close as we're going to get to finals under the current coaching group! Overall it's probably a good thing because I'm not keen to waste my hard earned on that rubbish.

The tripe he served up at the press conference was equally putrid. Saying that had we beaten North it would have been our best win is hog shit. Also blaming the forwards is rubbish. In the first quarter it was our backline that lost us the game.

How about he does something about it as captain instead of whinging about it to the fans after the game??!

Have to agree with TG on this one. Peddles' softly softly approach needs to change. Sometimes players need a rocket.

The rest of this wasted season now has to focus on playing the kids, so l would like to see Wills, Phillips, De Goey, Smith, Cox and Moore all play in the remaining games. No point dropping them now or giving them VFL time, just let them continue to learn about pressure in the AFL enviroment.
We also need to see what value Goldsack, Cloke, Williams, Brown and Witts bring to this side going forward. l think if neither show anything worthwhile in the remaining 6 weeks then l would be looking at offloading at seasons end. With Swan and Toovey as possible retirements we should open enough space to snare a team requirement, thats a running player with good disposal, plus get ourselves back into the draft.

Don't be so logical it has no place on this board
If we are to accept that we are in the predicament we are in because the players simply don't try hard enough, at what point do we agree that it is a symptom of a much larger systemic problem?

After such a large sample size, surely we can now draw a conclusion that the (lack of) effort is a combination of recruiting the wrong players and the implementation of a regime which makes excuses for poor results rather than searches for reasons for those poor results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Post Mortem vs Norf (Pies 84 def by Norf 124)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back