Play Nice Post sanction: Taylor Walker publically apologises for his racial slur

Remove this Banner Ad

Look, it is a good apology, and it seems to have been taken as genuine given that Young was willing to appear in the apology video.

But I really hope that people take notice of what a lot of other Aboriginal people are saying about this - that it's not an isolated one-off issue, it's something they see, hear, and feel on a regular basis.

Not sure I agree, like I said I believe there's levels to it but I won't say you're wrong.

Branding someone a racist to me requires more than an insensitive comment, for example in isolation McGuires King Kong comment would be daft, idiotic comment but wouldn't necessarily make him a racist. Obviously he has a history so it's a different story, but if that were the first incident you could mark it down as dumb and insensitive without him being thought of as a racist.

Now if he's used something like the N word all bets are off. I just hope for his sake it's at the lower end of the spectrum.
Sure, in a hypothetical scenario, a person who says one racist thing without having ever done it before and never doing it again might fit that scenario. It's not how I've generally seen it though. Someone who says a racist comment is unlikely to be doing so for the first time, it is probably just the first time we've heard them doing it. We all know racist people. Whether casual or overt, racist language is generally a recurring theme. I can't think of many, if any people I've come across for a decent period of time who have said a one off racist comment that is completely separated from their general way. If you get to a place where you can say something racist once, it's generally going to happen again/have happened before.

Jesus the crows board is pretty disgusting.

posts excusing racism (some even suggesting they’re deserved) and others suggesting it’s some ploy by port because of the showdown and so on.

Also the many crows fans rejoicing that this might land them the first pick is a bit off.

After a while you’ve got to stop assuming that the amount of crap that club does isn’t a ‘bad egg’ or one off thing. The list of controversies that have come out is a mile long now.

posts excusing racism (some even suggesting they’re deserved) and others suggesting it’s some ploy by port because of the showdown and so on.

Also the many crows fans rejoicing that this might land them the first pick is a bit off.

After a while you’ve got to stop assuming that the amount of crap that club does isn’t a ‘bad egg’ or one off thing. The list of controversies that have come out is a mile long now.

You'd think the fans of a club that had Eddie Betts playing for them would be a bit more understanding of racism, especially on the footy field, but nope these ****heads have dove headfirst into testudo formation to defend ol' Tex.

I saw Tex and Matt at a Kanye West concert a few years back.
I saw Tex and Matt in a cupboard at a Kanye West concert a few years ago and there was baby in the cupboard!!! And Tex said "I will call you Matt!" and Matt said "I will call you Tex!" And they both walked off looking confused and left the baby where it was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If what is being reported is true the AFL need to come down hard. He should be degregistered and banned from playing and attending football fullstop. If a fan yelled similar over the fence they would have there membership cancelled, be banned and possibly be charged by police. This can’t be swept under the carpet. Time to make a stand.

Nobody keen to know:

1. What was said;
2. The result of the investigation;
3. Tex's response,

before passing judgement?

Cool cool cool
I agree with your sentiments, but the last place to search for people who actually wait for the facts is the scandals and rumours board lol

If Taylor Walker actually said a racist remark in the Adelaide huddle, then it would be interesting to see what the AFL response will be.

Supporters of the game are banned from attending games and have memberships revoked if they are found to have been racist towards a player. I wonder if they will treat a player of the game different to a supporter of the game.

However, we don’t know if he actually did what the report said he did so I don’t think we should be saying that Taylor Walker actually said a racist statement just because this was reported on. Those who were in that Adelaide huddle know what was said, so if players from that huddle come forward and publicly state that he did make a racist remark towards Robbie Young or if Walker himself admits to it, then we’d have some form of evidence at that point.

Racism is not OK for obvious reasons, but making accusations without evidence in general is also not OK because you’d likely be letting your preconceived notion of someone (e.g. the bogan from Broken Hill as some may view him) to form your opinion.

His own team reported him apparently. Must have been bad.

not only that, but you'd think the club would have done everything in their power to keep it in-house. That they've had to hand it up to the AFL might speak to a bit more going on than Tex making a racist comment. Whether he did or not will come out in the AFL investigation, as will what he actually said. But players forcing this to the AFL is pretty interesting. Of course Tex could have flatly refused any sanction that came from the club's investigation, giving them no choice.

From what I’ve heard, Tex told Matt Crouch to “smash that black c**t”

I think he could be in a spot of bother

No wriggle room there, I wonder what the penalty is? The only defence is having nit said it at all. Can only imagine Crouch is backing him up by saying it's not what he heard, so it's a he said she said scenario. Just another thing to drive a wedge between the playing group. Great player culture at my club. Nice guy Nicksy will smooth it all over though.

This thread should be closed until all the information comes out in the next couple of days. If what he has allegedly said turns out to be true, throw the book at him but right now no one knows what was truly said.

I haven't revisited it since last night, came here first thinking this is where you're more likely to find out what was allegedly said. And wasn't wrong. From memory, and I was a little tippsy, mostly the posters are either awaiting the AFL outcome before going off in any direction or saying if he's done it then consequences are required.

The posts you're referring to are from the same deadshits that support everything the club does. They throw out insults about not being true members or Port trolls to posters who dare to criticise decisions made by the club. They're attacking other posters in that thread. And of course, these are the exact people that if this was Boak, would genuinely be demanding a life ban and stripping of his entire playing history. This is how demented that group is. I could have PMd you a list of the afflicted posters as soon as the story broke. And they didn't disappoint in that sense.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice Post sanction: Taylor Walker publically apologises for his racial slur

Remove this Banner Ad

Back