Up the Coasters Post Season Awards 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Call me old fashioned but when holding hands, whose hand is on top displays the more dominant of the two.

As I said old fashioned and it is a one off photo. Both seem happy though so who am I to say and really hope works out for them!

Holy shit 😂

Harley couldn't stay back the extra 10 minutes at training coz he needed to get home to get the dishes done and dinner on the stove in time for his Mrs to get home.

The implication that Cripps and Daicos just put out the best and second best individual seasons of the modern era is farcical.

Brownlow is really losing its lustre, better to just read the top scoring AFL Fantasy players and throw a dart. Both exceptional players but be reasonable.

Bont 14th is a disgrace.

I still think it’s too much asking umpires to be game analysts but without any data.

They can barely see free kicks and now they have to count possessions, cross check with each other and decide.

Let them see stats. It’s impossible to believe a 32 possession, 2 goal player wasn’t at very least top 2 players on ground.

So everyone is in agreement that the voting system needs a refresh, but to what?

The umps obviously are swayed by the big names, and it's also a hard task with the complexity of the rules/game speed ever increasing to expect them to vote on the BOG.

I would not want to see it in the hands of the media awarding votes, there are enough media voter awards already (and I wouldnt want the likes of BT/Wheatley/Scofield/that weird guy from Adelaide on the voting panel).

A purely stat merit award would take away from the unknown/suspense of the on the night count, as everyone would know the outright leader at the end of the season.

The AA is already awarded by a panel of judges, so would just be doubling up their opinions.

A fan voted system would be recipe for disaster and a popularity contest.

Thoughts? Ideas?

So everyone is in agreement that the voting system needs a refresh, but to what?

The umps obviously are swayed by the big names, and it's also a hard task with the complexity of the rules/game speed ever increasing to expect them to vote on the BOG.

I would not want to see it in the hands of the media awarding votes, there are enough media voter awards already (and I wouldnt want the likes of BT/Wheatley/Scofield/that weird guy from Adelaide on the voting panel).

A purely stat merit award would take away from the unknown/suspense of the on the night count, as everyone would know the outright leader at the end of the season.

The AA is already awarded by a panel of judges, so would just be doubling up their opinions.

A fan voted system would be recipe for disaster and a popularity contest.

Thoughts? Ideas?
NRL apparently have judges but the double up with AA is an interesting one.

I just think the AFLCA holds more and more weight, and stock in the Brownlow is fading. They rarely throw up some enormous howler of a result, but the leaderboard usually leaves plenty to be desired for one reason or another.

Maybe a panel of recently retired players? A mix of captains who have hung it up recently? Very hard to seperate biases and, as you say, faith in the media’s ability to not just fawn over the same three players is also at an all time low, but it being an umpires award is sitting less and less well with folks as time goes on.

I think it would be help if the framing stopped being around this is the game’s elite, as it’s clearly a midfield award for the ‘best mid from a good but not elite team without many players to steal votes’ award.

Norf with 12 more votes on a team basis despite winning two less games and with inferior percentage.

Perception was they were more competitive than us in games this year but the latter stat doesn’t really support that assertion.

Norf with 12 more votes on a team basis despite winning two less games and with inferior percentage.

Perception was they were more competitive than us in games this year but the latter stat doesn’t really support that assertion.
They've got players who rack up big numbers, we don't.

Sheezel, Xerri, McKercher, LDU are all fantasy seagulls who rack up cheap touches and therefore rack up votes.

We don't have anyone who accumulates touches like they do.

1727103469956.png

We only had 4 players average more than 20 touches a game, and no one above 25.

1727103554562.png

North had 7 players over 20 touches a game, and 2 over 25. Plus they had Xerri having an absolute career year.

Call me old fashioned but when holding hands, whose hand is on top displays the more dominant of the two.

As I said old fashioned and it is a one off photo. Both seem happy though so who am I to say and really hope works out for them!
Don't have a heart attack, but I heard she even has the right to vote now.

Society is ruined. Thanks, Obama.

Remove this Banner Ad

Up the Coasters Post Season Awards 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back